Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 43 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

Quote Originally Posted by czxxx View Post
    I'm having a helluva time trying to get my data off this thing with msft.guy's method. I've managed to get the phone to the apple logo with an empty progress bar, but I can't make a connection. I've tried OS X and Windows XP. I seem to get further with Windows XP..

new connection !
    AMDeviceNotificationSubscribe = 0
    iPhone attached !
    AMDeviceConnect = -402653144
    AMDeviceIsPaired = 1
    AMDeviceValidatePairing = -402653173
    AMDeviceStartSession = -402653173
    AMDeviceStartService = -402653173
    AFCConnectionOpen = 0

Where am I going wrong?
    Is that you are getting from log file from iTunes? If so do paste the log file here New - Pastie and it may be useful for us to see what is going on. And also try to update with DFU restore.

If that error is after you connect the phone then make sure the iTunnel and SSH are done in the Terminal properly.

Msft.guy's method work very well for me to recovery my data

1.) iPhone OS firmware version ............................312
    2.) Unlocked or not .............................Not
    3.) Which jailbreak did you use ...........................Blackrain
    4.) Do you use windows or mac. ......................... Windows 7 x64
    5.) Do you at LEAST have access to a mac. ..... Yes
    6.) The results of the applied FIX...............

I am never asked about boot loader version or about installing Cydia. Goes ok for stage 1 and stage 2 (very quick). Then "Waiting for Reboot" which never happens. I can reboot into recovery mode but not back into DFU mode. Recovery mode allows the next stage then again "Waiting for Reboot". Reboot to recovery mode, the program finishes. Reboot, but apple logo for ~7 seconds then shut off. I've tried this a half dozen times.

Tried on my neighbors mac with OSX. Could not run the downloaded max fix file. Something about wrong platform or something similar. She didn't know much about the workings of her mac nor do I know macs at all and was stumped.

?????????
    . . . . . . Zeke

) iPhone OS firmware version
    not unlocked
    used blackrain
    on windows but have access to mac

dear bejee
    I tryd all versions for both mac and windows and it stoped the boot up den cut off problem but now it in a infinate loop and I have firmware 3.1 but none of da programs recognize it. I have multiple pics and videos on cycorder that is special to me and I really would like to recover them.. Can you plz help me I been without my phone for weeks just bcuz I need my pics and numbers.. I'll try anything sir

here's a recap of my situation. after sh1t hit the fan, i was getting shutoff during boot after 10-13 seconds. tried windows ddc fix first; the program completed successfully but no apparent change in symptoms. today i finally got a chance to try the mac ddc and it got me into the 7-15 second reboot loop (progress??). I then ran the sc-ddc version, no further change in symptoms. Finally I tried the killsub program and still no further improvements.

Was anyone who was stuck in a reboot loop able to solve it?

My info again for reference:
    1) iphone 3G running 3.0.1 (possibly 3.0 now)
    2) not unlocked
    3) redsn0w
    4) vista...
    5) ...but i've been trying mostly on my friend's mac
    6) reboot loop

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It is what I get from the command prompt that I used to set up iphone tunnel once I try to connect with winscp. Every attempted connection duplicates that log. As far as I can tell, everything seems to be in place and configured correctly, I'm just not getting good results...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steinomite View Post
    here's a recap of my situation. after sh1t hit the fan, i was getting shutoff during boot after 10-13 seconds. tried windows ddc fix first; the program completed successfully but no apparent change in symptoms. today i finally got a chance to try the mac ddc and it got me into the 7-15 second reboot loop (progress??). I then ran the sc-ddc version, no further change in symptoms. Finally I tried the killsub program and still no further improvements.

Was anyone who was stuck in a reboot loop able to solve it?

My info again for reference:
    1) iphone 3G running 3.0.1 (possibly 3.0 now)
    2) not unlocked
    3) redsn0w
    4) vista...
    5) ...but i've been trying mostly on my friend's mac
    6) reboot loop
    It is time for you to get a New Iphone 4G.. I am not advertising just being realistic...

I just used the VMWare + mac fix and it worked perfectly, making a new backup right now.. Are there any other recommended follow-up procedures?

Thank you a lot iBEEJ!!! You have fixed my iPhone!
    All the pics and msgs are now saved

irecovery -c "ramdisk 0x90000000" works on me, while irecovery -c "ramdisk" will get the iPhone reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by spooky655 View Post
    Don't worry about iBEC.

Try this:
    irecovery -f 018-6136-014.dmg.ssh
    irecovery -c "ramdisk 0x90000000" (keep quotes)
    irecovery -f [kernelcache from jailbroken ipsw]
    irecovery -c bootx

Make sure you have newest iRecovery. Also, make sure "018-6136-014.dmg.ssh" is the right file to restore the ramdisk (not sure if ramdisk builder would build anyway if it wasn't).

Quote Originally Posted by spooky655 View Post
    Don't worry about iBEC.

Try this:
    irecovery -f 018-6136-014.dmg.ssh
    irecovery -c "ramdisk 0x90000000" (keep quotes)
    irecovery -f [kernelcache from jailbroken ipsw]
    irecovery -c bootx

Make sure you have newest iRecovery. Also, make sure "018-6136-014.dmg.ssh" is the right file to restore the ramdisk (not sure if ramdisk builder would build anyway if it wasn't).
    Quotes realy make a difference
    Grabbed a copy of disk0s1 & disk0s2, yeah.
    btw. any1 tried replacing '/sbin' and '/usr/sbin' from a working phone using SSH?
    i think im going to try this...

-flix

Quote Originally Posted by faithless-1 View Post
    I just used the VMWare + mac fix and it worked perfectly, making a new backup right now.. Are there any other recommended follow-up procedures?

Thank you a lot iBEEJ!!! You have fixed my iPhone!
    All the pics and msgs are now saved
    Can someone point me to reference about this? I'm not finding it in this thread.

Thxs.
    . . . . . . Zeke

)can anyone plz help me my phone has so many important things on it.... I'll gladly donate to anyone who helps me fix it or trys to help

iPhone OS firmware version
    not unlocked
    used blackrain
    on windows but have access to mac

dear bejee or anyone who think they can help me

I tryd all versions for both mac and windows and it stoped the boot up den cut off problem but now it in a infinate loop and I have firmware 3.1 but none of da programs recognize it. I have multiple pics and videos on cycorder that is special to me and I really would like to recover them.. Can you plz help me I been without my phone for weeks just bcuz I need my pics and numbers.. I'll try anything sir

I just let iBeej know people were still posting and needing help. He has been under a LOT of stress with work and trying to figure out how to figure out how support his family since I'm just mom, so enough of my sob story... He hasn't forgotten you all. He will be back later today I believe.

Thank you all

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CarlieQ25 For This Useful Post:

czxxx (05-24-2010), flix0r (05-24-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you Carlie! I know I haven't forgotten about iBeej. I can't imagine what that stress is like, but I'm sure it will all work out. Hang in there!

As for my phone, at this point I'd be happy to just get my pix/videos and texts off then restore it. I have a flight tomorrow afternoon and I'm thinking I'll have to restore one way or another by then... unless someone can rescue me. I can't get iphone tunnel to work... #974976 - Pastie

iBeej, if you're still working on your custom tool/fix, I'd be happy to help test... and thanks again for all your effort!

Hey guys, sorry! I didn't get a whole lot done in the past couple days because life punched me in the face. I'm reading through your posts and still truckin' away. I am glad to see more fixes with the mac version, and I suggest those who still have the shut off issue use that over the windows version for now. I have some things to take care of today but will be back at the dev grind tonight.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 01:11 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iBeej For This Useful Post:

czxxx (05-24-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    Hey guys, sorry! I didn't get a whole lot done in the past couple days because life punched me in the face. I'm reading through your posts and still truckin' away. I am glad to see more fixes with the mac version, and I suggest those who still have the shut off issue use that over the windows version for now. I have some things to take care of today but will be back at the dev grind tonight.
    Thanks BEEJ. I will see if I can attempt this on another mac and get the program to run. I'm patient. I have my sim card in my old Nokia flip phone so at least I have basic phone service. And it sounds like you have enough to worry about!

BEEJ,

I did get hold of a mac with a later version of OSX and was able to run b33jsn0w-sc-ddc-0.1-mac.app. But it behaved exactly the same as when I ran the windows version of it.

Start program, select iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw. It recognizes and processes it. Into DFU mode, program does stage 1, wait for reboot, stage 2, wait for reboot.... then stays there. I've let it sit for 20 min and it doesn't move. So I reboot trying to get back to DFU, but it won't. All I can do at this point is get into recovery mode. Your program processes again, then waits for reboot. I have to reboot manually... back to recovery mode. Your program uploads ram and kernel then finishes. I reboot but no change... apple logo for ~7 seconds, then shut off.

Anything I can provide to help you understand what might be happening? And does anyone else have the same thing happening?

1.) iPhone OS firmware version ............................3.12
    2.) Unlocked or not ...............................................Not
    3.) Which jailbreak did you use ...........................Blackrain
    4.) Do you use windows or mac. ......................... Windows 7 x64
    5.) Do you at LEAST have access to a mac. ..... Yes
    Last edited by Zekerblue; 05-24-2010 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    . . . . . . Zeke

I have a 3Gs with the old baseband and am getting the apple logo 7 sec and the off.

1.) iPhone OS firmware version: 3.1.2
    2.) Unlocked or not: Unlocked
    3.) Which jailbreak did you use: Blackra1n
    4.) Do you use windows or mac: Windows 7 x64
    5.) Do you at LEAST have access to a mac: No

I have tried b33jsn0w-sc-ddc-0.1-win and b33jsn0w-ddc-0.1-win and I get to the downloading Jailbreak data screen and it sits there for 5 min, then eventually times out and back to square 1.

So then I decided, Ok I can live with losing a bit of data, I just want my 3.1.2 jailbroken phone back working, so I tried to restore. I have misplaced my local SHSH blob but it was on Saurik's server. So, I edited my hosts file to Saurik's server. 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

The restore did not work and I get the error "The iphone "iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (13)."

I guess I could go to 3.1.3 and use spirit but will lose my unlock.

Any ideas how I can get back to a virgin 3.1.2?

hey guys.. i don't need my stuff recovered but simply want to restore my jailbroken phone that is stuck on the apple logo... please point me to the right direction in how to do so

3G
    Blackrain
    3.1.2 i think
    Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Zekerblue View Post
    Can someone point me to reference about this? I'm not finding it in this thread.

Thxs.
    I think ibeej added it to his first post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCon View Post
    I think ibeej added it to his first post in this thread.
    Not that I can see. I'm referring to setting up OSX on a Windows PC using VMWare. But it is moot now since I did find a mac to run BEEJ's fix with no different results than when I ran it on windows (see post #655).
    . . . . . . Zeke

I'd be interested in a good how-to setup OS X with Vmware if anyone has a link. Thanks

Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 43 ... LastLast