Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xkiller View Post
    The Rock guys told everybody that (/sbin) was deleted and I was expecting a fix from them to restore the /sbin directory
    Ok now that's just comical. Since they blow up /sbin, the phone will no longer boot. Hell it can't even 'fsck', let alone mount your data partition. How do they think they are going to restore /sbin after they blow up the phone that bad? If they said that, I find that hilarious. They would need to write and distribute a whole compiled binary to essentially perform a jailbreak to patch /sbin from DFU/Recovery. I doubt that would happen.

Let's face it, they pulled the app and mumbled "woops, sorry" and have already moved along. It's not just Rock, but I believe Cydia made this /sbin package available. Either something in the package errored, leaving it's work in /sbin corrupt and unfinished, or Rock (and maybe Cydia) didn't handle the install process correctly, and effectively bailed on the app before it was finished.

Either way you aren't going to see help from Rock. My solution just fixes what they broke.

My windows 7 bootcamp bluescreened so I'm trying to fix that now lol. Slowing down the windows version of this whole process.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Unlocked
    Blackra1n
    Windows Vista and Windows 7
    Yes, have friend's Mac.

Once Geohot face appear the screen will tyurn black and no-boot.

Does this work with windows yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I ran through the steps on the page and my phone is in a reboot loop. However, after only a few moments (instead of minutes) of apple logo, it blinks a white screen and then reboots. I believe my phone had 3.1.1 installed at the time of the rock update failure and the closest I could find was 3.1.2 or 3.1. I used 3.1.2.

Suggestions?

Ok wait. Explain the 3.1.1 bit. What did you find? An IPSW? It is absolutely critical you download the exact IPSW version for the version currently installed on your phone. If you're sure you got this down..

Can you confirm you went from a SHUT OFF at boot to a REBOOT loop? Because this is good news, meaning your /sbin is fixed, and now you have a secondary problem from the RockApp update which screws up some DYLIB's in your substrate folders.

The next step I have for you is verifying you are using the correct IPSW when prompted by redsn0w. Then if you had your iPhone previously joined to your Wi-Fi network at home, you need to acquire the DHCP IP lease info for it. You can usually sign in your gateway/router and look up a DHCP table or "Lan/Wireless Status" to get an idea which devices have been on your network and what their latest IP was. Using this you can open a cmd prompt and type

ping <ipaddress> /t

Wait for a reply.. (not a reply: destination host unreachable) but an actual reply. Then you have a brief window to SSH into the device and follow the instructions I gave on my site to move the DYLIB's out of their folders in to a backup folder temporarily and try rebooting.

I had a feeling some of you could have taken a double whammy with the latest updates from Rock or Cydia, and you might be one of them. Keep me posted.

I am going to post a blackra1n fix for this, using blackra1n instead of redsn0w. This will eliminate any issues with grabbing the wrong IPSW. However, I believe blackra1n modifies the baseband, which can mess up your unlock, and I really want to stay far FAR away from a situation which would fix your phone but have no ability to use your carrier.

So I might preface the useage of the blackra1n version for those specifically on AT&T and don't care about the unlock. I will let you know more about it. I will probably not post the blackra1n version until Tuesday afternoon, as i'm focusing on getting something up and running for Windows users at the moment.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello iBeej, I sent you an private message, my case is just as yours, but couldnt solve the problem with the modificated redsnow of yours. Can you help me step by step if it's possible? I'd really appreciate that. I really need my phone working...

Quote Originally Posted by ozgurgoral View Post
    Hello iBeej, I sent you an private message, my case is just as yours, but couldnt solve the problem with the modificated redsnow of yours. Can you help me step by step if it's possible? I'd really appreciate that. I really need my phone working...
    Hi ozgurgoral, I replied to your PM already. Take a look at it and follow the instructions. Keep me posted on your findings.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 03:00 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm all but positive my phone was running 3.1.1. Then I went to the link you posted with ipsw's. Not seeing 3.1.1, I thought maybe I actually had 3.1.2 so I downloaded that and followed the rest of your instructions.

I can confirm that it goes into a reboot loop, but the amount of time the apple logo shows before reboot is definitely shorter than described (less than 10 seconds in my case) and not long enough to grab an IP from my router...

Any new estimate as to when you might have a fix for Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by czxxx View Post
    I'm all but positive my phone was running 3.1.1. Then I went to the link you posted with ipsw's. Not seeing 3.1.1, I thought maybe I actually had 3.1.2 so I downloaded that and followed the rest of your instructions.

I can confirm that it goes into a reboot loop, but the amount of time the apple logo shows before reboot is definitely shorter than described (less than 10 seconds in my case) and not long enough to grab an IP from my router...
    Ok, keep in mind there is no 3.1.1. Apple released 3.1 and then 3.1.2! Perhaps your phone was running 3.1? That IPSW is there. I have never sent a wrong IPSW to my phone before, so I am not sure whether or not redsn0w checks (or even has the ability) the version on the phone.

If you used iTunes in the past, you can check your iTunes library to see what IPSW it has last downloaded. Usually this is in CDocuments and Settings\username\Application Data\Apple Computers\iTunes\iPod software updates something to that effect. Windows Vista/7 usually has this hidden in CUsers\username\AppData\Local if all else fails, do a search for *.IPSW, I THINK windows will find it. Though, I know they add specific extensions to the registry to look for basic types. So a confirmation of the actual folder i'm talking about will help with this.

Let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by mariahorn View Post
    Any new estimate as to when you might have a fix for Windows?
    Not yet. The easy solution is sending a payload with a custom compiled program I have using exploits from blackra1n, but i'm not comfortable with any potential baseband modifications from using blackra1n modules.

Since redsn0w and blackra1n all use a compiled windows PE, they embedded the payload in to the executable, making it difficult to modify without a hexeditor. Which is what i'm doing.

Then I need to do some tests, so this may take me another day to put it all together. I'm working pretty hard at it though.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iBeej For This Useful Post:

mariahorn (05-11-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That is exactly what I thought when I didn't see 3.1.1 on that site. Somehow, I don't have anything that looks promising in my mac's ipod software updates folder:
    iPod_1.1.5.ipsw
    iPod_24.1.1.2.ipsw
    iPod_26.1.1.3.ipsw

It has been a long time since I've JBed, but I'm thinking that I downloaded the ipsw from somewhere besides apple, JBed and then tossed the ipsw.

I'm guessing my next best option is to try again with 3.1..?

OI!! That's ugly. You MUST have done this before downloading an IPSW, because I can't imagine you are running 1.1.3. Did you have MMS capability with the phone? Features from 3.1? If it's been a while, I would almost bet you are running 3.1!

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 02:58 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know I'm not running 1.1.3, and I know I'm at least at 3.1. Yes, I have MMS.

Should I give it another go with 3.1? It shouldn't make things any worse right?

Actually yes, if I had to venture a guess you probably should have been using 3.1. But that's just my guess, and at this point it's worth a shot. So keep me posted!

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 02:57 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've downloaded 3.1 three times from 2 different places and redsn0w doesn't recognize it and won't let me continue. Some luck eh?

Any update on the fix for Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by czxxx View Post
    I've downloaded 3.1 three times from 2 different places and redsn0w doesn't recognize it and won't let me continue. Some luck eh?
    But redsn0w does for the 3.1.2? Well there's a good bit of information. I take comfort in the fact knowing users can't swap and send a wrong IPSW. So we know your phone was on 3.1.2.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 02:57 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How can it tell what I was running? I tried without the phone connected and it still recognizes the 3.1.2 and not the 3.1. I'm not sure how it could know what version I had without some sort of reference (phone connected or file on my computer)...

Keep in mind, this is the very first step, selecting/browsing for an ipsw in redsn0w, not the actual JBing process. Still comforted?

Well, here's a curveball for you iBeej...

1.) 3.0
    2.) Not unlocked
    3.) not sure... I might go back to yellowsnOw
    4.) Windows Vista
    5.) I do not have access to a Mac

Of course, the friend who did the jailbreak for me left for a 10 day trip in Hawaii this past weekend. I'm confident enough to follow instructions, understand completely about DFU mode, and wait anxiously with others for a Windows solution.

No fix tonight for Windows?

Wow, so i'm gonna have to go all day tomorrow without a phone...

I don't think I can.

Bahhhhhh!

WHY DUDE WHY?!

This sucks so bad. Either upgrade to 3.1.3 and lose my unlock ability but at least have a phone, or go without a phone which I really can't do.

This blows.

Is there not a way to just restore from 3.1.2 again and just re-jailbreak with whatever program like blackrain or redsnow?

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast