+ Reply
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 35 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Beej you are the man. Iphone 3gs 3.1.2 locked, windows vista. I use black ra1n to jailbreak and unlock.Im a computer noob so a step by step guide to get
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Beej you are the man.

Iphone 3gs 3.1.2 locked, windows vista. I use black ra1n to jailbreak and unlock.Im a computer noob so a step by step guide to get my iphone back working would be very much appreciated and I would be more than happy to donate a nice sum for your hard work.Even a youtube post Im sure you would get many hits.

Regards SPM (Ill keep my ears open)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You're a bad ***, Beej. Finally got to run VM on my XP and it worked first try as compared to about 7 unsuccessful tries on Windows. There's definitely something magical in the Mac fix

Thanks

Yeah I busted my butt on repairing the Windows patcher all night and until 4:00AM here. I'm heading to bed and should have a fix for Windows within a few hours. The good news is, I am releasing the new package for Mac users who are still unsuccessful to see if they were missing system-cmds.

The new SC+DDC stands for System-Cmds+DiskDev-Cmds. It's the two packages (including firmware-sbin by default) which have been known to go missing/deleted. I spent a lot of time tracking down only the necessary packages from the debs released through Cydia/Rock and carefully packaging them with all the right permissions. It is my hope, this package would resolve iPhone boot problems for users still unsuccessful with DDC alone. So i'm really curious right now to see how this goes.

Sorry about the Windows Version. I spent hours digging through code and all the packages to determine what was screwing up the patch payload. I had some concerns regarding "padding" of the package files in to the redsn0w .EXE and ensuring the CRC32 checksum was proper, just in case the dev-team was checking it, as compared to the mac version. This doesn't seem to the be the case, but they are doing SOMETHING different and it's driving me crazy. I have it all packaged it up and ready to go, but it failed every single one of my tests, where the mac version succeeded. Using the same damn patch bundle again. I have some theories to check first thing in the morning, and I hope to have this solved within 24 hours.

Anyway, I have GOT to get some sleep, so for you mac guys, give this a shot.

WINDOWS v0.1b - "forked" redsn0w 0.9.4
    5.19.2010 4:00AM SC+DDC DESCRIPTION:
    The SC+DDC Package for Windows is a tweaked DDC package with SYSTEM-CMDS added to attempt a repair of missing critical /bin, /sbin, and /usrbin binaries inadvertently purged by the Cydia/RockApp update. This package could obsolete DDC on it's own if the results are more consistent.
    Download Package b33jsn0w-sc-ddc-0.1b-win.zip

MAC OSX v0.1 - "forked" redsn0w 0.9.4
    5.19.2010 4:00AM SC+DDC DESCRIPTION:
    The SC+DDC Package for MAC OSX is a tweaked DDC package with SYSTEM-CMDS added to attempt a repair of missing critical /bin, /sbin, and /usrbin binaries inadvertently purged by the Cydia/RockApp update. This package could obsolete DDC on it's own if the results are more consistent.
    Download Package b33jsn0w-sc-ddc-0.1-mac.zip

Keep me posted on your results!!

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 12:25 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iBeej For This Useful Post:

Agent Smith (05-19-2010), czxxx (05-19-2010), schappy62 (05-19-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Beej,

first of all let me say, that I feel with you loosing your job one day to another.

When receiving the email notification from modmyi I was very hopeful that staying with a not useful iphone will have an end...but unfortunately nothing changed.

I tried to apply the fix six times in a row without anything was changing. Booting starts, then hex data are flying over the screen, screen flashes white...rebooting :-((

Don't you think, that it is possible to replace the whole system part, leving the data part untouched, instead of replacing single cmds?

All the best

Arne from Germany

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I hope that a confirmed solution is found for Windows users sometime soon.

I have a 2g running 3.1.2
    Unlocked
    Jailbroken with Blackrain (originally jailbroken with another progamme prior to my purchase)

I have seen a few old threads kicking around regarding the screen being stuck on the apple logo. I downloaded iphone browser and ifunbox and was going to try the suggestions. One thing that prevented me was that both programmes are stating that I need to jailbreak my phone.

It was until I updated Cydia at 9.30am this morning! Now I'm suffering from the continual re boot

Has anyone else found that these programmes arent recognising a jailbroken phone or is it a case that this Cydia update has somehow relocked it again?

Releasing this update on Cydia was very irresponsible if it is causing the amount of trouble it appears to be.

I dont want to reinstall and re jailbreak as I will lose all my data etc.

Not being able to use the phone is like not having the use of a limb for the day.

I hope Beej comes up with something that can put right the mess that others have made.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi ibeej/ others,

until this afternoon, i was using an iphone 2g with version 1.1.3; when i decided to unlock and jailbreak it.
    i used this link to do that (backup contacts etc., update to 3.1.3 using itunes and then use redsnow to jailbreak/unlock)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMU9GlIXgRs]

It went pretty smooth and i had the iphone working with 3.1.3. However, when i tried to restore my previous settings/contacts/etc. from the backup, It restarted and it got stuck at a screen with the apple logo and a "loading" line.

I tried restarting, but the phone is just stuck at that, but i tunes still recognizes the phone and the contents.
    (Now i dont have a phone!!)

I read through the thread and realized the issue was the same with many users here. I tried doing what you had recommended

i installed this " b33jsn0w-ddc-0.1-win.zip" but the screen remained

then i saw that my screen didnt restart like others but was just stuck, so i installed this " b33jsn0w-killsub-0.1-win.zip"

even after the installation, the screen is stuck at the apple logo.

I would really appreciate if beej or anyone has any inputs or coments on what i could try further?

Thanks vm,
    Sunny

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sunny1402, find mac and try mac version

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @Beej...

Hi, BJ...I tried your very latest SC+DDC fix (MAC version) that you just released 4 times so far and unfortunately it seems to do nothing to my phone. It really seems as though the payload info is not making it into the phone itself and the phone just times out after approximately 8 mins of the "downloading JB data" screen. The phone then restarts and shuts off 4 mins later...same result that I've always had.

Is there something that could be blocking the payload from getting into the phone? I've even tried removing the libusb drivers on my Mac, trying your software again, then reinstalling the libusb drivers and trying the process again...always negative results.

Let me know if I could do any testing, or if you have any specific questions.

Thank you for your efforts!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Beej, I would desperately like to report good news, but unfortunately, I'm still stuck with an Apple logo that never goes away after running this morning's latest Mac fix.

I'll keep watching and keep trying as you release fixes. If you need any kind of info / data from my phone, I'm happy to help out in any way possible.

Old Rom

Thanks again!

Green Apple
    Thanks

ibeej,

Tried Mac fix this morning, no luck. Everything goes smoothly, but upon reboot I sit at the apple logo for 8-10 mins before either restarting or flashing to the drained battery screen.

I'm going to try different combinations of verbose boot, mac & pc as I think you said sometimes the more you run it the better? Or that might just be my wishful thinking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I to have tried the new SC+DDC but the results are still the same. Gave it a go multiple times but all attempts are futile.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sunny1402 View Post
    Hi ibeej/ others,

until this afternoon, i was using an iphone 2g with version 1.1.3; when i decided to unlock and jailbreak it.
    i used this link to do that (backup contacts etc., update to 3.1.3 using itunes and then use redsnow to jailbreak/unlock)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMU9GlIXgRs]

It went pretty smooth and i had the iphone working with 3.1.3. However, when i tried to restore my previous settings/contacts/etc. from the backup, It restarted and it got stuck at a screen with the apple logo and a "loading" line.

I tried restarting, but the phone is just stuck at that, but i tunes still recognizes the phone and the contents.
    (Now i dont have a phone!!)

I read through the thread and realized the issue was the same with many users here. I tried doing what you had recommended

i installed this " b33jsn0w-ddc-0.1-win.zip" but the screen remained

then i saw that my screen didnt restart like others but was just stuck, so i installed this " b33jsn0w-killsub-0.1-win.zip"

even after the installation, the screen is stuck at the apple logo.

I would really appreciate if beej or anyone has any inputs or coments on what i could try further?

Thanks vm,
    Sunny
    What you're experiencing is not related to the problem fixes in this thread. Try reading through the link iBeej made in the very first post.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey Beej,

Ran the sc-ddc this morning and it looked like other attempts during the process. Unfortunately, so do the results. It's still in the 8 second reboot loop. Verbose mode shows the same thing as the video I posted several pages back. I'll give it another try from my 10.6 machine in a few...

Thanks

Each and every one of you posting so far, have a much more serious problem than what these packages are going to fix on their own. That doesn't mean we can't fix it, but what it does mean, is I need EVERYTHING I can get my hands on from users with the STUCK logo / REBOOTING problem. Logs, debugs, screenshots, any discernible errors, anything.

My first priority is getting this windows patcher solved, hopefully today, and then we are going to expand testing outside the realm of packages related to DDC, SC because at that point, it's painfully clear your problem has nothing to do with missing binaries from cydia/rock. Now that DOESN'T mean cydia/rock didn't cause thr problem, in fact we can all say with certainty they did something to cause a whole different problem.

The good news for the poor unfortunate folks with these bigger issues is, I have developed a software program specifically with you in mind. It's still in the works, but it's primary purpose is to be a jailbreaker / tester / log extractor / and package patcher in case stuff like this happens again.

So while I have said countless times, this thread and these packages only fix the shut off at boot, I told everybody who is still unsuccessful that I want to include you in to the context of this problem and solution. I have probably fixed more phone problems related to the issues you guys are describing than this shutoff issue. So to me, it's easy to fix WITH ENOUGH DATA and testing. So I need everything I can get from folks with stuck logos and reboot cycles.

Believe it or not, the KILLSUB package is already an attempt to fix problems outside the realm of diskdev-cmds and system-cmds alone that so many people had. (woops some windows users probably still waiting on me, sorry!) So you're here, you have just as much to lose as anybody else, and I'm not ok with that still. So again,

1.) Use irecovery to show me anything you get back from the screen

2.) boot verbose, take pictures, write down anything relevant.

3.) dig around your computer folders for jailbreak log files. blackra1n has one in same directory as itself, and redsn0w, just about all of them dump a log somewhere. So whatever you're using find it.

3.) Any other tools to extract logs from the phone until my software is ready. Just get me lots of good stuff.

And as for you windows guys with shut off problems you probably already saw I'm hoping to have something for you today!

Thank you everybody!

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 12:24 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iBeej For This Useful Post:

bassix (05-19-2010), czxxx (05-19-2010), faithless-1 (05-19-2010), schappy62 (05-19-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey again,

Here's another video of my phone's start up process in verbose mode. It starts just as the apple logo disappears and ends at the white flash, though it seems that got trimmed off somehow. I've zoomed in a bit and stepping through it frame by frame seems to give a lot more detail than my previous attempt. I hope this helps. iPhone Reboot Loop #2

If I knew how to get logs off of this thing, I'd be doing that now, so any suggestions on how to do that are more than welcome (keeping in mind iRecovery doesn't respond).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Beej,

any idea how to generate more information? Maybe a special developer tool? Tried all programs I own without success.

regards Arne

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm going to send you the blackra1n log and iRecovery log tomorrow when I have some time left over (studies are consuming major amounts of my time). Hope everything works our for you iBEEJ, you really are a man of great spirit. You deserve a high-ranked job

Good night all

Thanks

Yeah working on that now. I can already tell a huge majority of people have had success with the mac patcher because the posts to this thread have slowed wayyy down. Some may have restored because of a backup handy or needed it for work. I know I can't win em all.. Nobody does when it comes to jailbreaking. But I'm very happy to see hundreds of emails, PMs, and posts with completely recovered iPhones, pictures, and data. And I can only imagine how many unregistered users were successful without ever posting. (At the very least I feel I have earned the reward of hearing your story. So the least these folks could do is take enough time to register and share. You hosers)

But with all that said I want to get the windows patcher working. I mean, it's DONE and ready to go. There is just one small thing stopping this and when I'm that close to something I want to figure it out. Also, I am a huge fan of virtualization and have engineered and implemented full blown VMware ESX/vSphere solutions at two different companies. So I think it's great, but have stayed quiet on suggesting it as a solution because my responsibilty was to make these packages work. And I don't want to condone the use of pirated OSX (not saying you are, but just staying far from it) and I didn't want to make instructions for an already complicated problem worse. But if you have it and hopefully legally, then you can give it a shot until I release the working windows patcher.

And on this briefly, the dev team, chronic, geohot, all these guys have put in some painstakingly massive amount of work and time in to finding exploits, reverse engineering every process in the phone down to each and every register, and built packages to make jailbreaking and all the benefits it brings, possible. If it weren't for them and their jailbreak software, there is no way I would have had a fix for this as fast as I did. We are talking weeks, to months. The software is free of charge, just like my packages which extend theirs. So remember to thank those guys too, and help them out with feedback, kind words/thanks and donations. None of them, or me, have ever expected anything in return and at the very least, just sharing your stories and appreciation is the biggest boost in confidence when working on complex projects. I can't tell you all enough how much you boosted my drive to see your feedback. Just reading the posts made me fired up and that's something to remember going forward.

I really wanted to say that and get that our there. So sorry for straying off subject! Im going to get working on this windows patch and then sift through all the data you guys have posted with the stuck/reboot issue.

TRY the killsub package in mac. I actually know the killsub package for windows works, as long as your 'fsck' isn't busted. That's where the problem is happening. I think the ramdisk in windows is using a weird version or trying to use the one on disk0s2 which isn't there. More to follow on this in a few...

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 12:22 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to iBeej For This Useful Post:

czxxx (05-19-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Used your solution (sc-ddc) in a iPhone 3G 3.1.2 on a MAC

At the beginning I had a reboot loop of 4 minutes (mobile substrate issue). Now I have a reboot of 10 seconds.

I tried also the killsub solution, same results.

Still waiting for any other solution to recover my pictures
    Last edited by cotarelo; 05-19-2010 at 03:26 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was very close to bringing my iphone to Apple before I seen this thread. I am not sure if my iphone is crashing for the reasons here, but I am going to download the VMware and mac to try to fix it anyway.

My iphone crashed during a sync with itunes and got stuck in a 8-10 second reboot loop when I restarted it. I tryed restoring it through itunes but it even shuts down before the progress bar goes anywhere, therefore not allowing a restore (tried different computers/firmwares). So at the minute my iphone is currently a brick. I really hope these fixes work, I have tried the windows one but to no avail as of yet.

I cant seem to get verbose to work as even when ticked in redsn0w, it just brings up apple logo then flashes white and restarts.

Thanks iBeej for your time on this

LinkBacks (?)

1. Today, 12:02 PM
  2. 04-28-2014, 08:59 AM
  3. 04-27-2014, 05:51 PM
  4. 03-18-2014, 09:40 PM
  5. 03-09-2014, 06:03 AM
  6. 01-27-2014, 07:48 AM
  7. 01-21-2014, 09:43 PM
  8. 12-20-2013, 03:45 AM
  9. 12-07-2013, 02:22 AM
  10. 11-24-2013, 06:15 AM