+ Reply
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I was having the problem with the phone trying to boot and then flashing a white screen and rebooting and just doing an endless cycle. I just tried the windows
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was having the problem with the phone trying to boot and then flashing a white screen and rebooting and just doing an endless cycle. I just tried the windows killsub package you just released with verbose boot on and no luck. I then re-ran it with verbose boot turned off and no luck still flashing a white screen and continually rebooting. I might try running the mac version with a friends mac later tonight, I can try to let you know how that goes if I have time to do it.

Thanks

That would be awesome. I am going to run a simple test and just run it on my phone. When my phone boots, winterboard, categories and all of that should be disabled. This worked in my prior testing but needed to verify again after both packages were officially built.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 12:30 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Since I'm on Pins and Needles like everyone else, I tried the new fix (even though it wasn't supposed to fix my problem with the 7 second white apple and then shutdown).

Like the previous versions, this version won't recognize 3.0.1 IPSW either, but does complete with 3.0.

However, no luck in solving my problem. I still turn off after 7 seconds or so (and get no verbose logging, even after checking the box).

I'm Windows XP, 3GS Old, 3.0.1 (although, maybe I'm 3.0 after running the fixes with that IPSW multiple times).

Thanks again!

Thanks

UPDATE FOR YOU WINDOWS DDC GUYS
    Thanks to a lot of the log information you have posted I might be on the trail for why Windows isn't working as consistently as the MAC version. Working on it after the tests I mentioned above and will keep you informed on my findings. Going silent again for a few...

Oh and I have a good solution to make re-enabling mobile substrate easy with a package that just writes the library information back to the daemon. I will have that one done fast if the test results show promise.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iBeej For This Useful Post:

bassix (05-17-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    OK, Beej...I'm running the KillSub 0.1 Mac version on my phone now. I'll let you know what happens...

UPDATE: I get the same results....a no-go.

1) iPhone connected via DFU mode, (Recovery mode is not recognized by the redsn0w app.)
    2) I did set the redsn0w app to KillSubs and turned on Verbose Mode.
    3) After clicking Next to start the actual process, iPhone is recognized and the "downloading JB data..." shows for roughly 7-8 minutes. (No readout or info on screen though Verbose mode was checked.)
    4) iPhone screen then flashes white and the unit reboots to the Apple logo. No pineapple or status bars are displayed and no fsck message is displayed.
    5) The iPhone screen stays on the Apple logo (no spinning graphic) for about 4 minutes, then turns off...no reboot cycle. This was the same result that I have been getting for the last 4 days. SSHing into the phone does not work unfortunately.
    Last edited by bassix; 05-17-2010 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Update info...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassix View Post
    @Agent Smith.... Could you please use iRecovery to find out if you have a "Panic Fail Count" equal to your "Boot Fail Count" in the iRecovery results? Your phone must be in recovery mode, not DFU, for iRecovery to recognize the your iPhone. I believe it would be less hassle to run iRecovery (using Terminal) from a Mac than from a PC from what I've read.

I find it interesting that you and I have the same exact crash results even after running the fixes and not having Rock apps installed, but my iRecovery results state that I have Panic Fails that most other iPhone/iRecovery results do not have, ...and I'm curious to see if your phone has Panic Fails also. This may be a clue as to why our phones act differently than the "boot loop"-affected phones....as ours just shuts down after a few minutes of the Apple logo screen.

------------------

Question everyone.... I'd like to know how many of you are having the shutdown issue AFTER about 4-5 minutes of the Apple logo on the screen upon power up? I know there are many that have a similar issue, but it seems to only take approx. 10 seconds for the phone to either shutdown, or reboot into an endless boot loop.

Does anyone else have iRecovery results that state the "Panic Fail Count" is the same as the "Boot Fail Count" after running iRecovery? The Boot Fail Count and Panic Fail Count are near the very end of the iRecovery results. Please see my results below...

[FTL:MSG] Apple NAND Driver (AND) RO
    [NAND] Device ID xxxxxxxxxx
    [NAND] BANKS_TOTAL 4
    [NAND] BLOCKS_PER_BANK 8192
    [NAND] PAGES_PER_BANK 1048576
    [NAND] SECTORS_PER_PAGE 8
    [NAND] BYTES_PER_SPARE 128
    [FTL:MSG] FIL_Init [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] BUF_Init [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] FPart Init [OK]
    read old style signature 0x43303035 (line:371)
    [FTL:MSG] VFL Register [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] VFL Init [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] VFL_Open [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] FTL Register [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] FTL_Open [OK]
    Boot Failure Count: 15 Panic Fail Count: 15
    Entering recovery mode, starting command prompt

Thanks !
    Heres my iRecovery log. The boot count and panic count are different to yours

[NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI0:CE0
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI0:CE1
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI1:C8
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI1:CE9
    read new style signature 0x43313133 (line:375)
    [FTL:MSG] VSVFL Register [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] YAFTL Register [OK]
    Boot Failure Count: 6 Panic Fail Count: 1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr_kill_666 View Post
    thank you beej!!!

ok so i got thinking about how people said that it didnt work on windows but did on OSX so i spent last night and this morning installing osx on vmware. after wards i downloaded both the fw and beejsn0w for mac and ran it. guess what??? it worked!!!!! so if any of ya are desperate i would suggest installing vmware and get the osx iso. i cheated because i found a torrent link to a pre-vmware made virtual osx. but im back!!!thanks beej!! a donation is on its way!!!

here is the link to the vmware info and osx stuff:

Run Mac OS X on PC, Free and Easy with VMware Player 3

try this !

THE FIX WORKED!
    (using the mac VM + non killsub ddc)

THANKS to ibeej
    donating inc :]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone know why redsn0w doesn't recognize some of the IPSW files? Sounds like 3.0.1 doesn't work and neither does 3.1. Why is this?? Do they work on a MAC??

Does running a wrong IPSW screw up your phone??

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default For all it's worth, THANKS
    Hey Ibeej, I am following up the post all the way from Kuwait, I have the same 5 seconds shutdown "boot" problem caused by the rock update, I tried the Windows fix and it didn't change anything, still following up, I just wanna say ...THANKS MAN ! wether it works or it doesn't, I am thrilled to see someone like you who's smart, Persistent , dedicated, and helping all of us. I wish you all the best with your company and your life, God bless you Dude !

I will keep my IPhone next to me and will try your next solution

Soul

Green Apple
    Thanks

UPDATE AFTER b33jkillsub:

I've ran the b33jkillsub for Mac and PC with no lock. I tired both with and without Verbose mode checked. Install goes as normal then reboots and just sits at the apple logo for 10 minuets, then it flashes to a screen with an empty battery on red and a lightning bolt underneath. This occurs while the phone is still connected to the PC/MAC.

Seems I keep regressing with every step, I think my phone hates you ibeej...but I appreciate your time and effort man!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@KingCon

I could be totally wrong here, but I swear BJ got his phone to do that exact thing one of the times he broke it. I'm only wife of nerd, not actual nerd, so I don't know technical details. However on Friday I believe after he broke it again using Cydia I believe, it did exactly what you are describing.

BJ is at work still. Fixing an incredibly mean virus on one of the computers and trying to prevent it from spreading across the network. He is also waiting to see if his company will live to see another day or if he gets to start job hunting. Thus he isn't working on this right at the moment but will start up as soon as he can and definitely as soon as he gets home.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlieQ25 For This Useful Post:

czxxx (05-17-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

@CARLIEQ25

I <3 U & BJ....seriously he is very selfless to be taking this on, I respect him immensely for it.

I'm working with bassist on pulling some data off my phone for BJ. Will post later.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KingCon For This Useful Post:

CarlieQ25 (05-18-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you KingCon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

+1 for the VM Mac OS image on Windows fix.

My Iphone 3GS didn't work using the Windows version of the tool - tried twice. Fired up the VM in VMWare Player, made an iso from the IPSW file that I'd already downloaded using Magic ISO maker, and attached it to the VM.

Downloaded the mac tool, and after a few nervous minutes of waiting, it worked. It seemed to be much slower to copy the initial image over, but worked in the end.

More Details on my Phone - iphone 3GS Firmware 3.1.2 (new baseband) Jailbreaked using BlackRa1n

Now doing a backup through itunes! Thanks very much indeed!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also tried running the MAC version through VM ware after the windows version didn't work.

The end result is that now the iPhone is stuck in a reboot loop with a cycle time of about 7/8 seconds. I am not able to get into DFU mode anymore to try the killsub version.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get into DFU mode now?

Iphone 3G, 3.1.2
    blackra1n, unlocked.

Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tryzik View Post
    I also tried running the MAC version through VM ware after the windows version didn't work.

The end result is that now the iPhone is stuck in a reboot loop with a cycle time of about 7/8 seconds. I am not able to get into DFU mode anymore to try the killsub version.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get into DFU mode now?

Iphone 3G, 3.1.2
    blackra1n, unlocked.

Thanks!
    NOTE: This timing has to be fairly exact, so use something that counts for you if you can.

1. Plug in iPhone.

2. Turn iPhone on, letting go of power button.

3. Hold both power button and home button.

4. After 10 seconds, release ONLY the power button.

5. After 8 more seconds, release the home button.
    Last edited by spooky655; 05-17-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks
    Default OMFG! BEEJ, u did it!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!!
    For a while there I really thought my phone was totally bricked since I had the infamous "kernelcache image not valid"-variation. But it all worked out!

I will give you BEEJ and the others out there as much info as I can from this. What state my phone was in and what I did to get it back on track using BEEJ:s modified software. And feel free to contact me for specifics. I know there are others out there that are stuck in recovery-mode and I hope I can shine some light for all you guys 'n gals.

Thanx again BEEJ, you are brilliant! Donation coming!

I have been on this train from the beginning and watched BEEJ putting his brilliant mind to solve the problem. I've also seen the solutions work for many people along the way, though not for me! Until a few minutes ago!

3.1.2 w new "fixed" bootrom
    blackra1n:d (Tethered) & unlocked
    macbook pro all the way thru

After 4 rock-updates on may 9, my iPhone just froze and I had to force a shut-off. Upon restart I got into recovery-mode (usb-iTunes logo) and ran blackrain again since I'm tethered. But still stuck in recovery-mode.
    My iPhone would stay in recovery mode for 5-7 minutes, then reboot to apple-logo about 3 sec and then back to recovery-mode! The looping continues.

I started to research and tried the custom-ispw fix with pwnagetool 3.1.4 but no success.

I tried the hosts-file mod (if shsh on file at Cydia u could use this method to restore your phone, not just downgrading) but no luck.
    Downgrade iPhone 3GS OS 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 With Cydia SHSH | jailbreak

I tried the boot-loop fix with iRecovery but to no avail! iRecovery: Get Out iPhone from Recovery Mode Loop on Restart | iPhone

Then I found BEEJ! Since he was clarifying alot in his posts and on his website I stuck with this thread and tried his solution-packages in timely order. Though I DID NOT TRY HIS b33jsn0w -KILLSUB.... fix!! I didn't need to...

I have pretty much had the same info extracted from iRecovery all the way through when BEEJ:s solutions didn't work:

=======================================
    ::
    :: iBoot for n88ap, Copyright 2009, Apple Inc.
    :: BUILD_TAG: iBoot-636.66
    :: BUILD_STYLE: RELEASE
    :: USB_SERIAL_NUMBER:
    =======================================

[NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI0:CE0
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI0:CE1
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI1:C8
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI1:CE9
    read new style signature 0x43313133 (line:375)
    [FTL:MSG] VSVFL Register [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] YAFTL Register [OK]
    Boot Failure Count: 5 Panic Fail Count: 0
    Delaying boot for 0 seconds. Hit enter to break into the command prompt...
    HFInitPartition: 0x4ffa1040
    Kernelcache image not valid

(Recovery) iPhone$

Yesterday I tried the b33jsn0w-ddc-0.1-mac, it did it's thing and upon reboot - recovery mode again. I ran blackrain but still stuck! I ran blackrain again and again but still the haunting recovery mode. (Note that blackrain would take an awful long time, maybe 5-8 minutes stuck with geohot-picture before rebooting into recovery-mode)

Until today I would normally have iTunes running but the iPhone ejected when running blackrain. Also I had libusb installed for iRecovery.
    Today I shut-down iTunes and uninstalled libusb before running blackrain on the iPhone. (Still the BEEJ fix (b33jsn0w-ddc.....) from yesterday, so no new go with that.)

I ran blackrain and - TADA! Just the normal tethered boot, finished in 30 sec.
    The iPhone up'n running again. (Just stared at it about 5 minutes! lol )

Note - I used my "locked to network" simcard when experimenting with different solutions. Though I was unlocked I thought that it was better to go with the phones "home" network.

Of course, I don't know if the iTunes shutdown or libusb uninstall actually has anything to do with my success today? Maybe it was the 4:th go with blackrain that did it? All I can provide is the info on HOW I did it and WITH WHAT.

When I now started using my iPhone it seemed a little slow and the first call I made produced some strange noises? But after a while the phone got more responsive and now it's as good as before!

I have one question for u BEEJ.
    The rock-updates! Would you recommend downloading them?

I now have 6 updates pending and I recognize 4 of them from the updatefromhell.
    I believe rock has assured them beeing safe but I also read somewhere about people getting "bricked" just some days ago?? Merde!

I attach an image so u can see exactly what updates I have pending!

Also, there's a pic on a little girl you saved today!

So, again BEEJ, your dedication to this is AMAZING and I hope your not getting stressed out when working on it. I wish you and your family all the best with anything you do and especially with the company you work for. I hope it all turns out awesome! =)

If u need anything, just Holla!

Sincerely
    /Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo-img_0187.png   [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo-img_0185.jpg  

21. The Following User Says Thank You to rilloteddy For This Useful Post:

CarlieQ25 (05-18-2010)

Thanks

That is wonderful news!!! I'm so happy to see so many successes. And I'm working hard to make the windows version yield the same results. It WORKS but not for everybody.

I find it so interesting you used blackra1n afterward to finish kicking it through. The reason for this is because redsn0w assembles a payload a little different and running blackra1n after my patch has been delivered, appeared to repair an inconsistency for SOME users after the redsn0w portion did it's thing. I almost recommended trying it in my procedure but didn't have enough data to backup my theory. PLUS, I wanted to find out what the discrepancy was so I could patch it in my package without going through a double jailbreak. I still believe only a small percentage will see success doing this, but I know it can happen.

Remember, the packages, both windows and mac worked for my wife and myself (over and over) so I know they also work. It just depends on so many of those variables we have discussed many times in this thread. And I KNOW one of the variables is libusb and iTunes getting in the way. So make sure libusb is uninstalled and turn off the setting in iTunes "to launch automatically" when an iPhone/iPod is detected. You don't want iTunes running AT ALL. So mac users, this means you COMMAND-Q iTunes. Shut it down. Get RID of libusb!!! (Unless you are using it for data from irecovery).

I just got out of a dreaded meeting with our CEO and the news is disastrous. We are shutting down. I get paid tomorrow. That's it. No money left for severance or insurance, and to make matters worse they still need me to work and run the system during liquidation. I'm feeling pretty down and scared at the moment. But I won't let this get in the way of my mission here with you folks. It's too important to me. I have so much in to it with so much progress and success stories.

I can't thank those of you enough for your generosity, kind words, and donations. You are truly the most kind people out there and it breathes new life in to humanity. Now I have learned, as well as you, your donations will be my only life blood to support my wife and two babies at home. I didn't see that coming at all when I first started this process. But for that, my long winded and articulate words can't even express how grateful I am. Thank you all so very much.

Let's keep going and if I can lift my spirits when I get home from this horribly disappointing and sad work day I'm going to post some more info and hopefully updated patches to try.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all for your support and patience.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: typos

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iBeej For This Useful Post:

czxxx (05-17-2010), rilloteddy (05-18-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spooky655 View Post
    NOTE: This timing has to be fairly exact, so use something that counts for you if you can.

1. Plug in iPhone.

2. Turn iPhone on, letting go of power button.

3. Hold both power button and home button.

4. After 10 seconds, release ONLY the power button.

5. After 8 more seconds, release the home button.
    Sorry I should have been more clear.

Initially, I was having the "turn off after 7 seconds" problem.
    I tried the windows fix with no help.
    After seeing people's success running on a MAC VM, I tried the MAC version. Now my iPhone is in REBOOT mode after turning it on. I get the apple logo for 7 seconds followed a white screen and then it starts over.

When I try to go into DFU mode with the new problem, I try to enter DFU mode the exact same way as when when I ran the previoius fixes. But now after pushing the power button for 3 seconds followed by the home key, the phone just turns off after 7 seconds. I can't actually hold it down for 10 seconds before it turns off. If I try releasing the home button too early, it just reboots over again before I can get into DFU mode.

Has anyone with the 7 second reboot cycle time problem been able to get into DFU?

Thanks again for your help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tryzik View Post
    Sorry I should have been more clear.

Initially, I was having the "turn off after 7 seconds" problem.
    I tried the windows fix with no help.
    After seeing people's success running on a MAC VM, I tried the MAC version. Now my iPhone is in REBOOT mode after turning it on. I get the apple logo for 7 seconds followed a white screen and then it starts over.

When I try to go into DFU mode with the new problem, I try to enter DFU mode the exact same way as when when I ran the previoius fixes. But now after pushing the power button for 3 seconds followed by the home key, the phone just turns off after 7 seconds. I can't actually hold it down for 10 seconds before it turns off. If I try releasing the home button too early, it just reboots over again before I can get into DFU mode.

Has anyone with the 7 second reboot cycle time problem been able to get into DFU?

Thanks again for your help.
    Yeah. Don't worry about it shutting off. Just follow the instruction. Wait the 10, then the 8 seconds, and ignore whatever happens on the screen.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Today, 06:18 AM
  2. 09-18-2014, 12:02 PM
  3. 04-28-2014, 08:59 AM
  4. 04-27-2014, 05:51 PM
  5. 03-18-2014, 09:40 PM
  6. 03-09-2014, 06:03 AM
  7. 01-27-2014, 07:48 AM
  8. 01-21-2014, 09:43 PM
  9. 12-20-2013, 03:45 AM
  10. 12-07-2013, 02:22 AM
  11. 11-24-2013, 06:15 AM