+ Reply
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 29 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Oh Boy here I go....
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh Boy here I go....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default WAITING - Tremble session
    Quote Originally Posted by mudhead View Post
    Long time/first time- Thanks for all your hard work been out since last week...baby pix from vaca- returned day before it fell over. Simply- You are a hero.

1.) iPhone OS firmware version
    OS 3.1.2
    2.) Unlocked or not
    3.) Which jailbreak did you use
    Blackra1n
    4.) Do you use windows or mac.
    Windows
    5.) Do you at LEAST have access to a mac.
    No
    6.) The results of the applied FIX.
    -
    Donation coming
    Down since 5/5/10- following this thread like life support since you first wrote that you had typed up 3 paragraphs that died bf they hit the forum. Could he be genuine?! Almost 2 weeks later, I tried the Windows version and failed on both XP3 and W7. Finally set up a virtual Leopard (somewhat painfully- AMD chip, etc) and the moment of truth- heart pumping in my ears, said my goodbye prayer; resolving all lost baby pictures and zenned out- plane going down, it's ok...AND I'm BACK totally restored. Unreal feeling really (I run a hospital ITS dept and the last 10 minutes really kicked my @ss- and I am indebted). Backed up photos and rebooted- NO FEAR. Came back up np. Scroll to page 5 and there is the haunting legacy (6) updates waiting...it really is iphone ptsd.
    From me, DONATION is mandatory. You are a unique and vital person, beyond lucky to have you in our community. I feel moved to have been taken care of like this remotely by a complete stranger, literally bootstrapping his way though this whole mess. Cheers, Stefan

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mudhead For This Useful Post:

czxxx (05-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iBeej... NO GO Still shuting down :confused:
    OK here is what I have tried so far:

Ipone is 3G 16GB
    Firmware is 3.1.2
    Unsure of the bootrom
    Unsure what was used to JB/Unlock (was purchased that way)...
    100% it was the rock update that did me in, however it didnt shut down at boot screen until I was noticing small issues like no BT connection and then shut the phone off myself, upon reboot dead!

I have tried both Mac versions on an Macbook pro, both run to completion and the install completes as well. However the result is the same, phone shuts down after apple logo never seeing the loading circle. In verbose mode I see the fsck error before shutdown.

I have also tried the windows version on both a windows 7 x64 machine as well as a windows xp x86 machine (xp machine I tried both usb 1.1 and 2.0 ports) with exactly the same results as above. Phone shuts down after apple logo never seeing the loading circle. In verbose mode I see the fsck error before shutdown.

I am more than willing to help test, as I have many machines here with many configurations I can try, unfortunately I am back to only having a PPC iMac so I am unable to help from that standpoint. iBeej I have tried to add you to MSN but that hasnt worked either... sorry

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can confirm that the iBeej redsn0w update worked for me on a Macbook. It would not work on my Windows machine - it would continue to turn off after about 7 to 8 seconds after failing with "fsck failed" on bootup. So, I tried it on a neighbor's Macbook and everything is working GREAT again. A BIG THANKS to IBEEJ!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I'm a pretty big iPhone newbie, but for those who don't know their serial number to find out if they're using the old or the new bootrom, I think you can see it on your SIM Card tray holder.

Take a look at this link...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Beej,

I've had no success with the OS X version (b33jsn0w-ddc-0.1-mac).

iPhone: 3G, 8gb
    Firmware: 3.1.2 (Rolled back from 3.1.3 via Pwnage Tool)
    Bootrom: N/A for 3G
    Jailbreak: Pwnage Tool
    Unlocked: No

Your software runs to completion, and detects the phone in recovery mode as requested. However, after the message stating that the process will complete on my device, my phone does nothing. At no time does the phone ever display anything aside from the iTunes/cable logo: no bars, no Apple logo, no reboot.

Unfortunately, iTunes has been throwing the 2001 error on every attempted restore, so I'm looking at any option that might work.

Thanks for your effort.
    Last edited by ManusCelerDei; 05-16-2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Amplifying Information:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ManusCelerDei For This Useful Post:

spooky655 (05-16-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ManusCelerDei View Post
    Beej,

I've had no success with the OS X version (b33jsn0w-ddc-0.1-mac).

iPhone: 3G, 8gb
    Firmware: 3.1.2 (Rolled back from 3.1.3 via Pwnage Tool)
    Bootrom: N/A for 3G
    Jailbreak: Pwnage Tool
    Unlocked: No

Your software runs to completion, and detects the phone in recovery mode as requested. However, after the message stating that the process will complete on my device, my phone does nothing. At no time does the phone ever display anything aside from the iTunes/cable logo: no bars, no Apple logo, no reboot.

Unfortunately, iTunes has been throwing the 2001 error on every attempted restore, so I'm looking at any option that might work.

Thanks for your effort.
    Is your iPhone off during this process? When it says "waiting for reboot" or whatever it says, try pressing the power button to turn it on.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spooky655 View Post
    Is your iPhone off during this process? When it says "waiting for reboot" or whatever it says, try pressing the power button to turn it on.
    I've tried it both on (already in recovery mode) and off (turning it on when b33jsn0w asks me to). Either way, it sits with the iTunes/cable logo, and, while the program reports successful completion, there is no change on the phone itself. I left it connected for 10 minutes to ensure it wasn't just being slow.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ManusCelerDei View Post
    I've tried it both on (already in recovery mode) and off (turning it on when b33jsn0w asks me to). Either way, it sits with the iTunes/cable logo, and, while the program reports successful completion, there is no change on the phone itself. I left it connected for 10 minutes to ensure it wasn't just being slow.
    Did you try turning it on at the point with no change?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spooky655 View Post
    Did you try turning it on at the point with no change?
    Several times. Since there was no change, I had to turn it off, first, but on the reboot, I see the Apple logo for the same 5 seconds it's been doing all day, then it turns off by itself.

Neither can I get it into DFU mode. (I'm aware that this isn't required, just adding it as amplifying information.)

Alright, disregard.

I (finally) managed to achieve DFU mode, so now I'm able to do a 3.1.3 restore, and am going to Spirit it. Since I synced it yesterday, data loss isn't really a concern; I only have one jailbroken app anyway (MyWi).

However, others may have the issue. Or not.

Regardless of my own outcome, I appreciate the effort you've been putting into this.
    Last edited by ManusCelerDei; 05-16-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    Update: the issue with windows appears to be how the extractor in the windows version handles the bundle. I'm seeing an indication of failures to properly extract a few binaries, where the mac version succeeds. My theory is how the dev teams windows extractor handles symbolic links. I may have to build a custom windows bundle afterall. The reason it works for some people is probably due to the fact that the binaries that failed to extract aren't broken or missing on their phones. While they are for others. This just proves my theory that this problem is complicated because the rock update doesn't break the exact same binaries for each person. It's different based on their configuration. I hate that. I hate that bad, because that's what makes this so difficult to develop!

I will probably need some windows testers on MSN tonight if anybody happens to be available.
    We are all on pins and needles man, I'm sure plenty of us would be willing to 'help' you out!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey Beej... had to take an afternoon with the fam. Hope you did the same! I'll be on messenger tonight if you want to run some tests... I'll be in the other room but I'll turn the volume all the way up! If I don' hear it I'll check periodically. If you want to take break tonight I'll be on all day tomorrow and actually in front of the computer as I pretend to work ;o) I got my grubby paws on a spare 3G so I am pacified, I'll hold out as long as it takes to get all the pictures of my boy back. I had an old phone for the interim and man is it hard going back to an ordinary phone after having an iPhone! You know, if you want I'd send you my phone and you can have your way with it if you think that would help the situation. I'm not even worried about any apps or media off of it, just the pics. Take care and I hope you have got some rest and relaxation!

Thanks

Hi all! I'm so happy to see so many of you recover from this disastrous mess. And i'm still so motivated to continue plugging away at code and disassemblies until we get the rest of you fixed. I just can't get over the fact so many of you have memories locked away in that tiny little device and I know how it feels. So many of you have put your trust and hope in to me and I don't want to let you down. I'm never satisfied with failure or mediocrocy. I want perfection and complete success. If I didn't care about each and everyone of you and the situation, I wouldn't still be here. So you're stuck with my insanely long winded posts and updates.

I'm back at it again as we speak and apologize for no responses to questions yet. Give me a moment and prepare for a big reply.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 12:36 PM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iBeej For This Useful Post:

bassix (05-17-2010), czxxx (05-16-2010), footothebar (05-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok, i am in another problem. my gf gave me her phone to update some cydia apps and in the process i updated everything. i got no errors nor did anything stop me from updating the cmd thing or firmware /bin stuff. at that point i restarted the phone and guess what, 7 seconds then turns off at the apple logo!!!! i though cydia fixed it!! i thought it was ok to update stuff through cydia!! my girls phone doesnt even have rock on it, how could it mess up? im downloading the firmware and about to do the windows beejsn0w to see if it fixes it. its just sucks that cydia hadnt stopped the update from screwing phones.!!!

oh yeah one last thing, right before restarting the phone i update mobile substrate by itself

update: lucky my girl has a back up from yesterday and had shsh for 3.1.2 on cydia so i just restored it. but i do want to mention that when i updated all on cydia everything went trhough and no problem. i restared and all worked. then i went into cydia and updated mobilesubstrate and noticed right before i installed it that it modified something in the system cmd or something like that. it when through and upgraded mobile substrate and then forced me to reboot at with point i got the 7 seconds then turn off problem. i ran the windows beejsn0w and it had the fsck failed so then thats when i restored the phone. hopefully that could be of help.
    Last edited by mr_kill_666; 05-16-2010 at 11:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi, iBeej...I'm up for testing tonite. I have a MacBookPro 10.6.3, and Win7 on BootCamp as well as a couple of other PCs around the house. Let me know how I can help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    1.) 3GS 3.1.2
    2.) Unlocked & untethered
    3.) BlackRa1n
    4.) Leopard 10.6.3 / Windows 7 x64
    5.) Macbook Pro
    6.) No See below

upon the b33jsn0w completion the iPhone was still showing the "Downloading Jailbreak Data..." screen with the spinning wheel for almost 5 minutes before rebooting, the iPhone then took over 5 minutes sitting at the apple logo before shutting down, no springboard, no working phone

I was about to attempt the "WHAT TO DO IF IPHONE IS REBOOTING AFTER A FEW MINUTES" fix but the apple logo now only lasts for a minute and SSH isn't responding to pings.

Windows and Mac version tried.

P.S I never had Rock installed and prior to this shutdown issue I had already done 2 reboots of the phone (nothing was updated or installed through cydia) and everything worked fine. This only happened when I tried to unlock my phone when I noticed a beejive and e-mail alert through GriP.

Can I cry now?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Agent Smith's results are exactly what my results are...except I have a 3G model instead of a 3GS. And I, too, had no Rock installed, so I believe that the problem was something to do with some kind of Cydia update to the MobileSubstrate or related files.

Come to think of it...I did receive a text message on my screen during my last sync prior to the ill-fated shutdown, reboot, and crash of my phone. It was via the iRealSMS 3 app. Coincidence?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Windows version didnt work, used friends Mac for 5 min and it worked!

iBeej, THANK YOU, this time you saved a familys newborn babys first smiles, bath, talk etc videos and memories. One day you go to heaven

To others: just find a friend with Mac.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I ran the whole process on my Windows (bc my Mac wouldnt cooperate). It went back to reboot mode. I dont really understand the rest of your directions...about pinging. AHHH! Help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Some clarifications, please.
    Hello iBeej et al.

I just joined the forum due to this issue! Let me first say that the community in general is thankful for what you are doing!

I'd like to make a small request, can we define "reboot loop"? From my reading of this (entire) thread, it seems that there are two types of reboot loops. One is short (which is the one I'm experiencing), and the other is "long," which appears to last for 3-4 minutes, before rebooting (and seeing the restore mode?)

The reboot loop I am seeing is an apple logo, verbose mode scrolling rapidly through, and not erroring out, and a white screen flashing, then repeating.
    Edit: I shouldn't say that it's not erroring out, but I'm not seeing a hang on fsck failure. I can't really read anything that's happening, it's the exact same thing as the video posted earlier in this thread.

My apple logo shows for about 10 seconds, and then 8-9 seconds of rapid text scrolling, then a white flash.

Can we come up with a commonly accepted term for both of these, so we know exactly what we're talking about? It seems that at least 2 other members are experiencing what I am, and I'm not sure if you (iBeej) are keeping these two issues separately. I'm sure with the correspondence from the members of the community that you're well aware of both, but I'd just want to check/confirm for clarity for those of us that don't want to get overlooked

Thanks!

What I've done:
    I ran the Windows version of the fix (on Win 7), the running pineapple logo ran through, and looked as if it completed, and I returned to the same apple logo --> turn fully off behavior that I was seeing before.

After seeing some success stories on the Mac version, I whipped out my hackintosh Acer Aspire One and ran the mac fix. After the mac fix, I got into the white-flash reboot loop mode.

1.) iPhone OS firmware version
    iPhone 3G 16GB -- 3.1.2
    2.) Unlocked or not
    No (I actually can't recall, I'm on ATT so I know I wasn't required to unlock, I might have for S&G, anyways...)
    3.) Which jailbreak did you use
    blackra1n
    4.) Do you use windows or mac.
    Primarily Windows
    5.) Do you at LEAST have access to a mac.
    Yes
    6.) The results of the applied FIX.
    Windows: N/A, reboot --> Shut off behavior (same as before)
    Mac: Reboot, wait, white screen flash, loop.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-28-2014, 08:59 AM
  2. 04-27-2014, 05:51 PM
  3. 03-18-2014, 09:40 PM
  4. 03-09-2014, 06:03 AM
  5. 01-27-2014, 07:48 AM
  6. 01-21-2014, 09:43 PM
  7. 12-20-2013, 03:45 AM
  8. 12-07-2013, 02:22 AM
  9. 11-24-2013, 06:15 AM
  10. 11-15-2013, 12:59 AM
  11. 09-23-2013, 07:58 AM