+ Reply
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I've been following the development of the Windows version and I was elated to see it available this morning. Alas, I tried it but before any of the reboots, my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been following the development of the Windows version and I was elated to see it available this morning. Alas, I tried it but before any of the reboots, my phone turned into a nice pattern of salmon colored squares with the DFU screen faintly visible behind it and it has been frozen on that ever since. B33jSn0w is stuck on "uploading exploit".

I have a 3GS Older Boot (week 28)
    I'm on 3.1.2
    I picked only "Fix my phone"
    I believe I was jailbroken only before (can't recall if I unlocked too, but would have had no real reason to).
    I had the "shutdown after 7 seconds of white apple" problem

Any idea what's going on? I'm afraid to disconnect, but it seems I don't have much of choice at this point.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

damn fsck failed for me also!!!
    3.1.2 week 38
    windows 7
    iphone3gs
    blackrain

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I'm on crack this morning. I downloaded the wrong IPSW. I'm not on 3.1.2 - I'm still on the old 3.0.1.

However, I downloaded the correct IPSW for that but beejsn0w says it doesn't recognize that IPSW. Are the older IPSWs not supported?

Thanks again...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iphone 3gs
    new bootrom
    jailbreaked with blackra1n
    unlocked
    win xp sp3

no luck, after jailbreaking with modified redsnow it restart but went back to restore mode. apple with itunes connection logo.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lexluthorx3 View Post
    iphone 3gs
    new bootrom
    jailbreaked with blackra1n
    unlocked
    win xp sp3

no luck, after jailbreaking with modified redsnow it restart but went back to restore mode. apple with itunes connection logo.

Same problem as before BEEJ!
    Similar situation as lex.. but on mac.
    Just stuck in recovery-mode.

Though it fixed the CXT file mishap.

This is iRecovery at current state:

[FTL:MSG] Apple NAND Driver (AND) RO
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI0:CE0
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI0:CE1
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI1:C8
    [NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE987A on FMI1:CE9
    [FTL:MSG] FIL_Init [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] BUF_Init [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] FPart Init [OK]
    read new style signature 0x43313133 (line:375)
    [FTL:MSG] VSVFL Register [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] VFL Init [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] VFL_Open [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] YAFTL Register [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] FTL_Open [OK]
    Boot Failure Count: 5 Panic Fail Count: 0
    Delaying boot for 0 seconds. Hit enter to break into the command prompt...
    HFInitPartition: 0x4ffa1040
    Kernelcache image not valid
    Entering recovery mode, starting command prompt
    (Recovery) iPhone$

If there's any other way to extract information from the iPhone just let me know and I'll try to get it! I don't know how I can put it in verbose-mode upon rebooting?

Thanx again for your tremendous efforts!

/R

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default fsck failed
    i got the same fsck failed message in verbose mode after the forked redsn0w patched and rebooted.

windows 7
    iphone 3gs 32gb
    unlocked
    blackra1n jailbreak
    old boot rom

side joke: stupid iphone it's so bad that it fails at fscking with us!!

Thanks

Hi all! SO, I finally got some sleep and I wake up this morning with a giant list of questions! Nice to see some success stories, and not surprised to see other problems still needing fixing. I just want to take the time to thank iBeej for fixing my phone too... he's so incredibly awesome! LOL. Ok well, I will share my own success story with you. I was without my phone for a couple days, and I couldn't fix it because I was working on these patches for you guys. My phone was really screwed up, because it wouldn't even go to recovery. I finally managed to get there by holding the home button at connect for about 2 minutes. (Keep that in mind if any of you ever run in to that problem)

So I fired up my trusty windows patcher (because I have been in Windows 7, on my MacBook Pro a LOT lately lol) and it took about 5 minutes at "Downloading Data..." with the hard drive picture, and it finally kicked through, patched whatever I did to it (I don't even remember) and voila! Working phone. It's kind of weird using your own software to fix your problem sometimes.

Anyway, I wanted to get started on answering some questions, so here goes...

Quote Originally Posted by brattygirl72 View Post
    BEEJ,

OMFG!!! Dude, my phone is working and all my data is on the phone!!! Thank you so much!!!!!! First thing I will be doing is deleting my RockApp! Good luck guys and gals! I hope you get your phone working today too.
    Please check your account for my donation.

Regards,

Rachael
    Rachael, thank you for your generosity and kind words!! I am really glad it worked for you and I hope you go make a backup RIGHT NOW! lol Feel free to contact me if you have problems, and I will do what I can to help out. I have had about a hundred MSN buddy requests in the last week, so I apologize in advance if I miss something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by spooky655 View Post
    Could I use this for an iPod Touch 2G? If the /sbin is that different, I can get an iPod Touch 2G one from another iPod. I hate to ask for more of you, but, if it's needed, could you allow the option for selecting the /sbin that you patch with?
    I am seeing enough success across versions that I dont know how big of an issue this is, if it is one. Even between Touch vs iPhone and versions. These are very common system level binaries that dont change much, and even if they do, they generally dont have dependency issues unless they are MISSING. Which is what these packages are meant to fix. But im looking for a pattern.. if you can get a hold of diskdev-cmds for your version, I will put together a custom package. Also, almost all of these binaries can be retrieved from the IPSWs, which I havent done yet, but for the sake of consistency, im on this path and would like to start building more advanced packages based on the IPSW you send. A few of you can help by visiting the cydia/bigboss repositories manually with your web browser and grabbing diskdev-cmds. We can compare versions and see what's changing. So there's a mission for you if you choose to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by herzdrache View Post
    Hi iBeeJ! First of all: thx for all your work and time you spent for solving our problems! Also not to forget spending less time with your family and your bed ;-) so back to topic: had at the beginning just 1 Iphone screwed up: my fathers!! Iphone 3GS 16 GB FW: 3.1.2 Locked jailbreak: blackra1n old bootom ..finally with your version released today it worket perfectly!!! so because I'm a bit a technical freak (that I don't have to say the word nerd!!) as well I just wanted to know if my own Iphone works perfect... so I finally made all the new updates from Cydia an of course RockYou (there is no way to buy courage except at the bar ..hihi..) and then I rebooted my Iphoe....and....it also was stuck at the Apple Logo... I just made the same procedure as about 10 minutes before and it again worked perfect (btw: also Iphone 3GS 32 GB, 3.1.2, blackrain, locked....first sold charge in Austria..yeah...so old bootrom!!) so thx alot you're great an donation is on it's way!!!! regards from Austria (this small country in Europe without the kangaroos!!) herzrache p.s. is it ok that I linked you onto the forum of one of the best austrian/german websites for Iphonequestions BENM.AT - Österreichs iPhone, iPod und iPad Blog - News, Tutorials, Downloads, Apps, Games, Zubehör, iPhone, iPod, iPad ???
    Hi Herzdrache!! Thank you for your generosity and kind words!!! I am glad it fixed TWO of your phones! That's wonderful news! Feel free to link my information and progress, I don't mind. I'm trying to help as many people as possible. We aren't done yet, but we are making progress! Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by KingCon View Post
    @ BeeJ,

I installed B33jsn0w through MAC, that now results in boot up to apple logo for 4 mins the crash and reboot. Where before I would boot up to apple logo, crash then shut down. Seems I am now in a bootloop? This troubles me!

I know you want more information, (geek language) but I'm not too shure how to provide it. If anyone can recommend any programs for this I'd appriciate it.

I see that brattygirl72 has had success with her phone, we were having similar issues (turn off at reboot) so there must be some variables that I need to provide.

Thank you.
    Hi KingCon, this is exactly what i'm talking about. See how this is a complete nightmare to troubleshoot? So many people even with very similar configurations, and one person is fixed, while the other goes in to reboot or shutdown again. You said it, VARIABLES. There are a lot, and we are missing something. The faster we figure out what these are, the better this is going to be. Not only now, and for this fix... but definitely for the future. I have a feeling knowing more of these variables will allow me to put together packages and continue with my own software to hopefully nail this problem down and fix things faster for 90% of the people out there. We'll get there, just takes some time and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    I also saw the fsck failed message just a sec before the phone went off after doing the patch.

iPhone
    Windows 7
    THIS is really bothering me. A lot. As I have said, the packages I built specifically target fsck FIRST and FOREMOST!! And I KNOW it works, because it has repaired my phone countless times after I intentionally deleted fsck, fsck_hfs, fstyp, etc. In some of the logs i'm seeing, there is a debug error which indicates a problem CALLING fsck. Sure this can result from fsck MISSING, but I know it's not after the patch. THIS could be a version problem... maybe there is a different version needed for your phone (for whatever reason, and I would like to know why that would even be the case) or perhaps there are just a few other binaries to include. There are around 8 or so fsck related binaries, and most of them are included. ALL of them are included from the diskdev-cmd package, but there are more I have seen in my own /sbin folder and i'm not sure where some of them came from.

Furthermore on this, I want to know if those of you seeing this fsck error are getting similar output from iRecovery. If there is one particular message in iRecovery which scares me most, it's the Invalid kernel cache blurb. This is REALLY bad and will take some considerable research and patching with a very customized package to resolve... if it's fixable. (I already tried once, but have new information to make this work)

Quote Originally Posted by elkodesign View Post
    ALL I CAN SAY.

Amaizing.

You have saved me so much! THANK YOU, i cannot describe how i feel, SERIOUS! I am so delighted.

Everything works! Perfect.

Unlocked
    Blackra1n
    Windows

I was unsure about using this until i have read everything and made a decision. RESTORING IS NOT A OPTION, and i trusted this application 100%, only thing that i was worried about is the Yes/No part if my phone newer batch but i selected YES.

Am using my phone as i was using before everything seems to be working, BUT ONE QUESTION do i have to do anything else to it?

I tried to connect it to the ITUNES and it says : This IPHONE can not be used because the apple service is not started ?

THANK YOU AGAIN,

ITS AMAZING WHAT PEOPLE CAN DO, ! THANKS.
    Hi elkodesign! I am glad it works!!! Yes there is something you should do... go make a backup. Furthermore, the apple service error is a service failure in windows. You can go to Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services and turn this on. Other than that, you're doing great, and good luck going forward!

Quote Originally Posted by flix0r View Post
    Hello,
    first of all: Thx for all your work iBeej
    Im one of those who are stuck in the reboot loop after applying the first fix,
    curious about what happens and why i turned on Verbose Mode.
    Unfortunately i was unable to recognize anything but noise...
    so i grabbed a cam and made some Pics i would like to share with you.
    Looks like launchd is the first process to fail, which makes sense since launchd is the first /sbin to be called...
    (file: _MG_3405.jpg)

Full set:
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

-flix
    Hi Flix0r, LOL nice name. Made me chuckle. I'm interested to see why you had a failure with launchd. Providing pictures, or anything with logs is invaluable!! Thank you for posting this, and i'm looking at it to see what I can discern from it and how it relates to all my data. I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by tonhe View Post
    If you want a safe place to download older IPSW files, please use Dev team approved sites such as iCommunity (they link directly to Apple repositories)

iCommunity - Jailbreak information at a glance

Also, iBeej, I wanted to help out in hosting these binaries for you, so I've mirrored them on my site. Feel free to verify the MD5sum on those files if you wish. I haven't touched them.

http://tony.mattke.net/wp-content/up...dc-0.1-mac.zip
    http://tony.mattke.net/wp-content/up...dc-0.1-win.zip

Here is the article I wrote this morning warning users about the issue... iPhone – Rock App Causing Devistation | tony.mattke.net

Hi Tonhe, sure no problem. I worried about offsite hosting due to malicious intent from god knows who. But I have warned people to be careful, and they can always visit this thread or my site to get the latest patches. Thanks for spreading the word and giving this a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by angryjeep View Post
    paulsgt:

iBeej:

Thank you so much for all your hard work! I hope you are getting some sleep. I couldn't hang last night. I fell asleep in my chair at about 2:30 am! Your latest version ran through all the way to reeboot but it still boots to the apple logo for 10 or 11 seconds and then continuously reeboots. I wish I could give you more info... I thought I might be able to help a little more at the beginning of all this, but I was quickly over my head. I'll be on messengewr all day if you want to chat. Thanks again!!!
    angryjeep, you have been an invaluable resource in my testing. It has been a crazy journey, and i'm sure I will continue to bug you with more testing. Sorry we still haven't nailed down this problem for you. But you have a very good test scenario to work on. If we can fix yours, i'm sure this will fix a huge majority of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by tonhe View Post
    Well, I hate to say it.. but I'm restoring my phone. I several things planed and need my phone...

Hope you guys are able to find a fix. iBeej, contact me if you want help mirroring any more software.
    Again, sorry tonhe. I hate casualties. I sure tried my best, but I understand you need to get up and going. It's not over, and i'm still working on it for others. But just know i'm giving it my all!

Quote Originally Posted by gr8dane View Post
    Well, I'm on crack this morning. I downloaded the wrong IPSW. I'm not on 3.1.2 - I'm still on the old 3.0.1.

However, I downloaded the correct IPSW for that but beejsn0w says it doesn't recognize that IPSW. Are the older IPSWs not supported?

Thanks again...
    You HAVE to use the correct IPSW. If you download the wrong one, redsn0w WILL NOT allow it. That's pretty much it. You gotta have the right one. Make sure you pay attention to 3G vs 3GS, and not just version.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_kill_666 View Post
    i got the same fsck failed message in verbose mode after the forked redsn0w patched and rebooted.

windows 7
    iphone 3gs 32gb
    unlocked
    blackra1n jailbreak
    old boot rom

side joke: stupid iphone it's so bad that it fails at fscking with us!!
    Mr_Kill, LOL!!! I laughed at that one... that's funny, while not funny at the same time. Thanks for the good laugh man, I needed that! Hopefully we can nail this down so you guys are no longer fsck'd with.

Keep em coming... keep the data flowing. I will be following your posts and replying as much as possible. I'm still here and still working on it! Thanks to all for your kind words and support. Not to mention patience. I'm glad I could fix some of you, and I have no doubt we can get the others with some more time, data, and patience.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 12:50 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Windows 7 64bit
    iPhone 3G
    blackra1n jailbreak

I went to a friends and tried to run the MAC version yesterday but could only get the update 2 with the /usr/sbin files to run. The first version would crash when trying to start the jailbreak.

I just ran the windows version and it went through all the steps, but after the phone rebooted it still is just turning off after ~7 seconds.

If you need more info or need me to run it again to get more info just post here and let me know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you for all this work you've been doing. I waited all week for the completion of the windows version and when I used it this morning it successfully completed the process but upon reboot the problem was not gone and it shut down after a few seconds of apple logo (my same problem as before). I have tried 3 times with the same results...

3Gs with 3.1.2
    before week 40 of 2009
    jailbroken with blackrain
    not sure if I unlocked it
    windows xp

hope this helps, thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am seeing enough success across versions that I dont know how big of an issue this is, if it is one. Even between Touch vs iPhone and versions. These are very common system level binaries that dont change much, and even if they do, they generally dont have dependency issues unless they are MISSING. Which is what these packages are meant to fix. But im looking for a pattern.. if you can get a hold of diskdev-cmds for your version, I will put together a custom package. Also, almost all of these binaries can be retrieved from the IPSWs, which I havent done yet, but for the sake of consistency, im on this path and would like to start building more advanced packages based on the IPSW you send. A few of you can help by visiting the cydia/bigboss repositories manually with your web browser and grabbing diskdev-cmds. We can compare versions and see what's changing. So there's a mission for you if you choose to accept.
    Thanks for the response!

First off, let me say I don't have a very large understanding of how this works so, if you want me to check anything, I'll need fairly specific instructions. From what I understand, you saying that all I need is a diskdev-cmd and can download that from the cydia/bigboss repositories (don't need to copy from iPod)? I'd be glad to help if that's all. Could you tell me how to access the repos from a pc?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I sent you pictures of my verbose logging in a PM. What is this iRecovery logging you speak of? I will provide all I can to help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    THIS is really bothering me. A lot. As I have said, the packages I built specifically target fsck FIRST and FOREMOST!! And I KNOW it works, because it has repaired my phone countless times after I intentionally deleted fsck, fsck_hfs, fstyp, etc. In some of the logs i'm seeing, there is a debug error which indicates a problem CALLING fsck. Sure this can result from fsck MISSING, but I know it's not after the patch. THIS could be a version problem... maybe there is a different version needed for your phone (for whatever reason, and I would like to know why that would even be the case) or perhaps there are just a few other binaries to include. There are around 8 or so fsck related binaries, and most of them are included. ALL of them are included from the diskdev-cmd package, but there are more I have seen in my own /sbin folder and i'm not sure where some of them came from.

Furthermore on this, I want to know if those of you seeing this fsck error are getting similar output from iRecovery. If there is one particular message in iRecovery which scares me most, it's the Invalid kernel cache blurb. This is REALLY bad and will take some considerable research and patching with a very customized package to resolve... if it's fixable. (I already tried once, but have new information to make this work)
    please let me know how i can help. i have the same fsck problem and am willing to so whatever is needed to help out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just tried it again on Windows 7 32bit. Still the same turning off at 7seconds. I turned on verbose boot and it is the fsck failed at the end that kills it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey iBeej,

I appreciate all your hard work, unfortunately it didn't work for me though :-(. I am using an iPhone 3GS, with a serial number representing week 35. I ran your software and did everything you said but the problem has not changed. I am running firmware 3.1.2. The Rock App is what did this to me and my phone has been bricked for like a week now. :-( Please help or instruct me on how I can give you more info about my problem.

iPhone 3GS 32gb
    Win 7 64 bit
    Same exact error as in Mr. Kill 666's screen shot above.

Thanks!
    flatworm
    Last edited by flatworm; 05-15-2010 at 12:04 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey iBeej -- no issues man, its nice to see you're out there trying to help people...

After my phone started doing the endless reboot cycle all I could see on the screen was something about kernel continuation, lots of hex addresses, its hard to say what was on the screen, it was scrolling a lot fast than when I had the fsck problem.

I figured this was due to other issues than the /sbin trashing... so i bit the bullet.. although, now I wish I still had those photos.. didn't realize I hadn't sync'd since November

Anyway, good luck guys, hope things work out for you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi KingCon, this is exactly what i'm talking about. See how this is a complete nightmare to troubleshoot? So many people even with very similar configurations, and one person is fixed, while the other goes in to reboot or shutdown again. You said it, VARIABLES. There are a lot, and we are missing something. The faster we figure out what these are, the better this is going to be. Not only now, and for this fix... but definitely for the future. I have a feeling knowing more of these variables will allow me to put together packages and continue with my own software to hopefully nail this problem down and fix things faster for 90% of the people out there. We'll get there, just takes some time and patience.
    iBeej,

I have downloaded two different programs (iphone explorer & irecover) to try and pull more data so you can eliminate some of these variables. The problems is, I am only able to connect in either DFU mode or Recovery and both programs don't seem to work with iphones in this state. Could you please let me know what other information you desire and how I can provide that to you. I have PM'd you with other possible solutions and am awaiting your response.

I applaud you dedication to this matter.

Thanks

Wish I had an iPhone doing this. I am going to need one of you for testing with this problem. The good news is we have a good starting point. I just need to think about it some more and put something together. I have some ideas.

Thanks for the troubleshooting information.

BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@KingCon

This may sound like a stupid question, but do you have libusb installed? iRecovery won't detect your iPhone without it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@iBeej

I would be willing to send mine as a ginny pig. PM me if that's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by spooky655 View Post
    @KingCon

This may sound like a stupid question, but do you have libusb installed? iRecovery won't detect your iPhone without it.
    No, I don't. With that added will it be able to detect the iphone in recovery mode?

Is that a seperate program? Where do I find it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, as I am trying to help. I have recorded the verbose boot, decompiled it to single frames and I am currently working on assembling them into one big wall of text for you.
    Sorry, about the one I mailed you, forgot that it was horizontal. The next one will be vertical and hopefully with all the proper frames it will look good.

Gonna continue working now, for all you others that have time over, please try my method, giving BEEJ an entire log might give him great insight in the problems occuring.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-18-2014, 12:02 PM
  2. 04-28-2014, 08:59 AM
  3. 04-27-2014, 05:51 PM
  4. 03-18-2014, 09:40 PM
  5. 03-09-2014, 06:03 AM
  6. 01-27-2014, 07:48 AM
  7. 01-21-2014, 09:43 PM
  8. 12-20-2013, 03:45 AM
  9. 12-07-2013, 02:22 AM
  10. 11-24-2013, 06:15 AM
  11. 11-15-2013, 12:59 AM