+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs won't boot past apple logo and turns off by itself

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello, I am new to this forum. I want to thank anyone in advance for any help i receive. I have an Iphone g3s with firmware 3.1.2 and is jailbroken
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3gs won't boot past apple logo and turns off by itself
    Hello,

I am new to this forum. I want to thank anyone in advance for any help i receive.

I have an Iphone g3s with firmware 3.1.2 and is jailbroken with Blackra1n. It has been working fine for months without any issues until last night.

I was reading an email and it would not download one of the pdf attachements on an email. I then turned off them phone by holding down the sleep button until the turn off screen appeared and I then swiped my finger on the screen to turn off the phone like I have done hundreds of times in the past.

I then tried to turn the phone back on the normal way by again pressing the sleep button and the normal apple logo appears, but this time the phone would not boot up past the apple logo. The apple logo appears for about 8 to 10 seconds and just shuts off.

The phone does not stay stuck on the apple logo like others have posted here, the phone just shuts off.

I have tried to run Irecovery to see if that would fix the problem with no success.

I have run Irecovery before when I had the phone stuck on the constant apple logo after jailbreaking, but this is not the issue I am having now.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have not backed up my phone for a long time and I have a lot of pictures of my kids and stuff that I don't want to lose if at all possible, so I don't want to restore the phone from scratch if I can avoid it.

Thanks,

Marty

Thanks

Did u install ssh?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes, i did install SSH. Can I SSH into the phone if it doesnt stay on? Do i have to do it in recovery mode?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That just happened to me like 20mins ago. When logo appears it shuts down.

Thanks

If the phone is shutting off you won't be able to ssh into it. You may be able to ssh for a few seconds at a time while the apple logo is on. It would be a long and tedious process to retrive your photos and such that way, but you MIGHT be able to do it. Unfortunately it does sound like a restore is the only recovery solution in this case. If the phone won't stay powered on there's not much else you can do.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is odd. I am having the same problem all of a sudden..kinda out of nowhere. 3.1.2 Jailbroken for months..not a problem...then today same symptoms as OP. Quick question, did you have any updates available in ROCK that failed recently??? Not sure how next to proceed. Luckily, I synced the phone and backed it up about an hour before this happened. What should I do next?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by InDashMP3 View Post
    This is odd. I am having the same problem all of a sudden..kinda out of nowhere. 3.1.2 Jailbroken for months..not a problem...then today same symptoms as OP. Quick question, did you have any updates available in ROCK that failed recently??? Not sure how next to proceed. Luckily, I synced the phone and backed it up about an hour before this happened. What should I do next?
    I am having the exact same problem. I MUST get some pictures of my 4 month old daughter from the phone. I am in the process of backing up my wife's iPhone as well just in case.

I hope someone can figure out a way to fix this. I have switched to an old phone since I just can't lose these photos.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same problem here. I think it had to do with the latest moblesubstraite or rock update.

has anyone fixed this? I can't even restore my phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3g won't boot past apple logo and turns off by itself
    Same problem here. I only did the essential update in Rock at the time, not "Update All" and it was fine. When I got around to updating everything at once this afternoon, my phone ran out of juice. When I plugged it back in to charge, I had the same problem of won't boot past apple logo and turns off by itself. Haven't tried restoring it. I think I read somewhere of making an image of the media partition? Is this possible? If so, anyone know how?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Wow the exact same thing is happening with me. Im assuming its rock, ever since the one time rock wouldn't update, i tried another day and it worked, ever since my phone ran out of juice, it will only boot up on the apple logo and then shut off immediately. We need answer now =(. I got stuff in there I dont want to delete yet. Why does everything have to mess up just today?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi all, new to the forum, but having exactly the same issue.
    JB 16gb 3gs on 3.1.2, Rock updated yesterday, phone went flat last night and now stuck with apple logo then switches off!
    I have tried Irecovery, IReb 3.1.2 but nothing can get it to boot.
    If i restore via Itunes it goes to 3.1.3 and i have no back up since Jan.
    (my fault i know)
    Any help gratefully received, I cant lose all the info since Jan.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah i had the same problem with my 3G. Just did a restore and jailbreak again, lost a bit of stuff but no use worrying about it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by welby View Post
    Yeah i had the same problem with my 3G. Just did a restore and jailbreak again, lost a bit of stuff but no use worrying about it.
    3G's Can be downgraded whenever you need, 3GS's cannot. So it's not going to be that simple for 3GS users.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same thing, here. I did an 'Update All' in Rock, now phone will start to boot, I'll see the Apple logo for a bit, and then it will reboot again. Piss me off. I don't want to lose all the things I have on my 3GS since the last update.

Again, does anyone know a way to get the pictures (or any files) off the phone while it is recovery mode?

- Orijnal

Green Apple
    Thanks

um I woke up this morning and this exact thing is happening to mine.

I did the updates on rock but that was a couple days ago.

Im not sure wtf to do because the phone shuts off in literally 3 sec so i cannot recover.

(running 3.1.2 on 32gb 3gs and been jailbroken for many months like everyone this happened to out of the blue)
    Last edited by starfuryt550; 05-07-2010 at 05:53 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This happened to me as well. I cannot, however, get my phone to go into dfu mode. to restore it. I have an 8gb 3g about 8 months old that had 3.12 blackra!n JB. Could I take it back to apple since it is still under warranty even though it was jailbroken and I cannot get it to enter dfu mode?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same here! Did the "update all" yesterday and now cant get past the apple boot screen before it shuts itself down. This seems like a widespread problem. Not good!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone found a fix for this problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I JB my 3GS with Blackrain on 3.1.2 and it did the same thing, shows apple logo and turns off. Can't restore back to 3.1.2 , even with custom firmware. Only way is to 3.1.3 for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, so what does that mean for you? Are you going to lose data?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast