Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: what is make my life easier on cydia??

Default what is make my life easier on cydia??
    ive been seeing this around alot.. what is make my life easier and what does it do??

It allows you to downgrade to a version of firmware that you have saved. I have versions 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3. So I am able to downgrade my 3GS to any of those firmwares. All 3GSs need to have the firmwares signed and Apple stops signing old firmware after they release a new one.

To hijack this thread, I have never seen "Make my life easier" as an option. Not on my 2G, not on my 3G. I know it is supposed to come up on the initial Cydia launch for the first time, but I never have.

That is because it is only for 3GS phones. Because the 3GSs have new higher security that is more rooted in the hardware.

I thought you could backup baseband on all devices. I'm not sure I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post

Ok so now that I understand that, how do I backup my baseband on my 3G/2G

Sorry for my ignorance and taking this thread away

Thanks

As far ad I know you can not back up your baseband you have to restore using a custom firmware that will not upgrade your baseband.
    A custom firmware made by pwnage or sn0wbreeze will not upgrade baseband.

I have a 3GS on 3.1.2 with SHSH saved on cydia and a 3G on 3.1.2 with baseband 4.26.08 (this is 3.0 baseband) always unlockabke.

Also baseband will never be upgraded on 2G ever again.
    Apple stopped ugrading it with the 2.0 firmware version.
    Last edited by qnc; 04-27-2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Correct 2G will have no worries about the baseband anymore. But even if you have a 3GS 3.1.2 SHSH on file and you downgrade you can not downgrade the baseband. You will be stuck on the newer version.