+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No signal after jailbreak

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello, I recently bought an Iphone 3g 8gb from ebay. When It came, I jailbroke it with blackra1n. When i put my sim card in, it came up with no
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No signal after jailbreak
    Hello,

I recently bought an Iphone 3g 8gb from ebay. When It came, I jailbroke it with blackra1n. When i put my sim card in, it came up with no bars on the top left. I've tried numerous jailbreaking software, with no success. This is really weird because I had an iPhone 2G 8GB before, and that worked like a charm with BlackRa1n, with the same SIM card and everything. I've ran outta ideas on how to fix this. My version is 3.1.2

If anyone could help, that would be great

Jeremy

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You need to unlock the phone as well, if you're using it with an unofficial carrier.

To unlock, go into Cydia and go the Manage tab. Add the source http://blackra1n.com When you've done this, search for blacksn0w and install that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well i'm using it with AT&T. I'll try and add that and see if it works.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyJ11 View Post
    Well i'm using it with AT&T. I'll try and add that and see if it works.
    Ok. What most likely happened is that blackra1n hactivated the phone. What you should have done, was put the sim card in before you jailbroke and let iTunes activate it.

Now, you can unlock using blacksn0w, but what would be best is actually to restore to a fresh 3.1.2 and let iTunes activate it this time. Then you can jailbreak afterwards. The reason for this is that blacksn0w causes problems for some users and as you don't need to unlock, you should avoid using it.

If you want to restore to 3.1.2, you simply need to download the 3.1.2 files for the 3G and in iTunes, hold down the 'shift' key and then press 'restore'. Then point iTunes to the downloaded 3.1.2 firmware.

Download link for official firmwares here: iPod and iPhone Firmware Download

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've tried many times to restore to 3.1.2. Apple won't sign for 3.1.2 anymore, so I could no longer reset.

and also won't activating the iPhone through iTunes sign me up for a Data Plan for $30? That would just defeat the point of hactivation
    Last edited by JeremyJ11; 03-13-2010 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I've tried many times to restore to 3.1.2. Apple won't sign for 3.1.2 anymore, so I could no longer reset.

and also won't activating the iPhone through iTunes sign me up for a Data Plan for $30? That would just defeat the point of hactivation
    For 3G phones, you don't need signing so you can restore to 3.1.2 if you want.

As I don't live in the states, I don't really know what kind of deals you get with ATT so I can't comment on that. But since it might be bad for you to let it activate in iTunes, just add the blackra1n repo like I said in my previous post. That'll get your phone working.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea, I did what you said. Still not working.... I did have a $10 internet contact for my Samsung Mythic, which was fine to use for my 2G.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

yea, I did what you said. Still not working.... I did have a $10 internet contact for my Samsung Mythic, which was fine to use for my 2G.
    Did you install blacksn0w and reboot your phone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah. No service still

Thanks

Is this a 3g or 3gs, I know you said 3g but I'm wondering why it would say you can't restore to
    3.1.2 if it was a 3g.
    And no, the point of jailbreaking is not to avoid the data charge, chances are they are gonna automatically tag you with the $30 charge

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used my 2G and didn't get charged extra. If I have to, i'll return my 3G and go back to 2G