+ Reply
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 25 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blackra1n boot loop

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
BE CAREFUL!!! as i've previously written on here if you use RC1 you do it at your own risk. sure it has worked for some but there are many of
    Green Apple
    Thanks

BE CAREFUL!!!

as i've previously written on here if you use RC1 you do it at your own risk. sure it has worked for some but there are many of us who now have a bricked phone. using RC1 can get your iPhone stuck in DFU mode from which there is no way out if not for restoring which if you have the new iboot means upgrading to 3.1.3. had i known this i wouldn't have tried... then again if you lost all hope go ahead... please do report on here what happens one way or the other so as to provide more info.

thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

nwriko can you help me please, I have got it working again with the overnight trick but my wifi is not working, I dont ever want to reset network settings again so If i just slide to power off will blackrain work on the first time or will it be in the loop again?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey all, first of thanks to nwriko, nally and everyone else, the "all nighter" saved my phone as well.
    Thedj- I can tell you that after I managed to get my phone working I had to power off to insert my sim, I rejailbreaked with blackrain and it went smoothly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I just wanted to share my experience about the boot loop.

I struggled all day yesterday trying to find a solution, finally I upgraded the Blackra1n version to the one working with iTunes 9.1.

I was about to let the loop run all night with Blackra1n open and check it out in the morning, so I go to bed and approximatively 10mn later I hear the sound of an usb device being plugged in twice in a few seconds. That's what's normally happening when I plug my iPhone to my computer.

So I take a look at it and it's totally working, no wifi problem or other problems whatsoever.

I have a 3GS 16GB MB model week 46.

Hopefully an untethered jailbreak will be there soon for OS 4.0

Thanks to the modmyi community for sharing your solutions that helped me resolve that annoying loop.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No more blackra1n loops guys!! Check this out sounds very promissing:
    thunderst0rm: 23. April Release Date!

thunderst0rm could be fake guys so take care. There is no harm in hoping, but the DevTeam and Geohot have been the only reliable sources upto now! It seems that scam season is not over yet ....
    Last edited by ArtIss; 04-10-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

i did reset my network settings couple times already but never had the loop problem coz everytime it ask me to reboot device i dont reboot it i shut it off manually wait few seconds then turn on again then run blackra1n rc3 always works for me,i have a 3gs 3.1.2 tethered

Thanks

Thunderst0rm could be fake....

Hmmmm why would anyone think that - apart from the fact we all know it is, I thought they'd given up trying to make fools of people.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Tried RC1
    After being stuck in the loop for 2 weeks let it loop everyday.

I got desperate and tried RC1... It failed now im stuck in DFU.

When I try to restore I get error 13 now what?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Thunderst0rm could be fake....

Hmmmm why would anyone think that - apart from the fact we all know it is, I thought they'd given up trying to make fools of people.
    i've been looking around a bit, thunderstorm actually IS fake. so dunt bother waiting for it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi!
    First of all, I wanna thank everybody that shared their methods to try to solve this problem. None worked on my iPhone, but still, thank you very much (it was helpful, at least now I know what's wrong with my device!).

I've read the whole thread and tried everything on it, all-night-raining, all-afternoon-raining, Windows, Mac OS... but no luck (I started raining again this morning and a I intend to continue until I go to sleep, hope it works...).

Anyway, if someone figures out anything new, it would be appreciated. Thanks again!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok guys I did these steps which have already been told above. I found this topic yesterday and today my phone is back to me and i can't tell how much im happy. Here are what i did

1. Turn your device off (hold the power button)
    2. Open Itunes up
    3. Task Manager then kill Itunes.exe and Ituneshelper.exe and Ipodservice (if it's there)
    4. Hold the Home button for about 5 secs then plug it with ur computer via usb cable
    5. Keep holding untill you see Apple logo
    6. Now, right click on blackra1n, choose "Run as Administrator"
    7. And click "Make it ra1n" right away when the Apply logo is still existing on your device screen.
    8. After click "Make it ra1n", just leave it there, do not do anything with it

Addtions:
    9. If blackra1n is still running after about 10-12 hours but still no luck
    10. Restart your computer and re-download blackra1n.
    11. Redo step 1-8
    12. """Be patient, do not loose your mind and Pray and it should work after a few hours rebooting itself"""

That is exactly what i did and my phone is alive.

So something just share with u guys and good luck

My device is an Iphone 3gs 16gb FW 3.1.2 new bootroom no 3.1.2 shsh file back up on saurik sever. All i want to say is "Be patient" just about time and after i got out of that loop, my wifi still working no problem

VMrBN
    Last edited by iloveiphones; 04-16-2010 at 12:17 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    does it work if you restore it to 3.1.2 then jailbreak it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm actually at 3.1.2, and I can't restore 'cause I don't have my shsh on Cydia :S

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rid786 View Post
    does it work if you restore it to 3.1.2 then jailbreak it
    Yes you might if your phone has already had a 3.1.2 shsh file saved on saurik sever. If not, then I am sorry there is no way to restore back to 3.1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by rid786 View Post
    I'm actually at 3.1.2, and I can't restore 'cause I don't have my shsh on Cydia :S
    If you got stuck with Gethot's face do like what i've posted above and "Be patient"

Green Apple
    Thanks

My wifi is not working and I have turned it off and back on with blackrain because its a tethered jailbreak but my wifi is still not working, the only way to fix it would be by resetting network settings but that last time I done that it put me in to a recovery loop, is there any way to fix my wifi without resetting network settings?

my wifi is on but when I go on a website it says im not connected to the internet. The last time I had this problem I resetted my network settings and got stuck in the boot loop, I dont want to ever do that again, is there any other way to fix this?
    Last edited by thedj; 04-17-2010 at 08:57 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    keep turning it off and back on. jailbreak with blackra1n

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

My iphone has been stuck in the loop for weeks (though sometimes I have to try several times to get it into the loop).

Now it just stopped doing the loop and the screen went black, i know its on, but the loop stopped and no "connec to itunes" or geohot screen.

I'm afraid to do anything to it.

What did you see when yours was fixed ? Did it just boot normally ? Has anybody seen this ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think i have found a solution the fix the wifi problem without reset network settings!

thedj - this might help you.

I would be happy if anyone can confirm this wasnt random..

My phone shut down (i dont know why), when i powered on, jailbreak with with blackrain (because is 3gs tethered), it recovered but with on wifi.
    I was afraid to reset network settings because i didnt want to go into the inifinite loop again.

I powered off and on, but no luck.
    eventually i shut down wifi -> powered off -> powered on -> turned on wifi -> wifi is back!

hope this helps.

Shai

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iloveiphones View Post
    ok guys I did these steps which have already been told above. I found this topic yesterday and today my phone is back to me and i can't tell how much im happy. Here are what i did

1. Turn your device off (hold the power button)
    2. Open Itunes up
    3. Task Manager then kill Itunes.exe and Ituneshelper.exe and Ipodservice (if it's there)
    4. Hold the Home button for about 5 secs then plug it with ur computer via usb cable
    5. Keep holding untill you see Apple logo
    6. Now, right click on blackra1n, choose "Run as Administrator"
    7. And click "Make it ra1n" right away when the Apply logo is still existing on your device screen.
    8. After click "Make it ra1n", just leave it there, do not do anything with it

Addtions:
    9. If blackra1n is still running after about 10-12 hours but still no luck
    10. Restart your computer and re-download blackra1n.
    11. Redo step 1-8
    12. """Be patient, do not loose your mind and Pray and it should work after a few hours rebooting itself"""

That is exactly what i did and my phone is alive.

So something just share with u guys and good luck

My device is an Iphone 3gs 16gb FW 3.1.2 new bootroom no 3.1.2 shsh file back up on saurik sever. All i want to say is "Be patient" just about time and after i got out of that loop, my wifi still working no problem

VMrBN
    Do you know how to do this with a mac? I don't think blackra1n goes does anything after the first time i press make it ra1n because i get no multiple enjoy windows and i can only see geohots face once.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys i know this is my first post but i've been reading this whole forum seeking help with my iphone being stuck in the recovery loop. i have a tethered iphone 3GS 32gb but i can not seem to be able to get it out of recovery bootloop...
    i have my iphone running on windows xp right now and i plan on running blackra1n all through the night, but for some odd reason, the blackra1n application would not continuously run and would stop on the first enjoy message i have itunes 8.2 closed and the applemobiledevice.exe running in the background. what can i do to allow blackra1n to continuously run?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 05-16-2013, 03:16 PM
  2. 12-05-2012, 02:10 PM
  3. 07-25-2012, 11:08 AM
  4. 07-07-2012, 11:59 AM