Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS won't turn on after jailbreak

Default iPhone 3GS won't turn on after jailbreak
    I just bought a new iPhone 3GS, it came with 3.1.2 firmware. I tried to jailbreak it with BlackRa1n RC1 (Don't know if I did the right thing), at first everything was alright, but when the phone was supposed to be rebooted, it just got stuck. It's as if the phone has 0 battery power, I tried turning it on, pressing the power button and the home button for 10 secs etc...

Please help me, I don't know what to do. Can I at least reinstall the original firmware so that the warranty wouldn't be canceled?

ps. iTunes recognizes the phone, but can't tell me the version, model etc...

Quote Originally Posted by The Dimak View Post
    I just bought a new iPhone 3GS, it came with 3.1.2 firmware. I tried to jailbreak it with BlackRa1n RC1 (Don't know if I did the right thing), at first everything was alright, but when the phone was supposed to be rebooted, it just got stuck. It's as if the phone has 0 battery power, I tried turning it on, pressing the power button and the home button for 10 secs etc...

Please help me, I don't know what to do. Can I at least reinstall the original firmware so that the warranty wouldn't be canceled?

u have to connect to itunes and restore

if itunes recognizes the phone your in good shape. While in itunes, just hit restore. It will restore you up to 3.1.2..

And i don't know why your using blackra1n rc1, but go get rc3 from blackra1n.com and use that one, it should work flawlessly.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

redsai (12-28-2009)

Sounds like anothered tethered jailbreak. Connect the phone to the computer and run blackra1n again. You'll need to do this everytime the phone needs rebooted or the battery dies due to apple updating the boot software on new 3GSs. It jailbreaks, but u need to tether it to reboot.

And get rc3 as suggested
    Last edited by Crafty42; 12-28-2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wat would be the best way to jailbreak a iphone 3g[s]?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viversuz View Post
    wat would be the best way to jailbreak a iphone 3g[s]?
    If you have one of the newer 3GS, the only option is blackra1n.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dimak View Post

I have a problem like you.i bought a 3gs 16g iphone yesterday and J/B use blackra1n.Now can't see anything any only black screen.I must restore and upgrade firmware 3.1.3. or not please tell me something