Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia not responding - opens then closes to main screen

Default Cydia not responding - opens then closes to main screen
    Cydia was working then I downloaded 3 new repositories (They were between the letters A-D) and then when I was finished it closed out and I haven't been able to get in since that time.

Does anyone know what I should do? Should I openssh and try to delete the repositories? Would that work? What is the folder where they are stored?

I'm open for any ideas...

Same thing is happening to me,

Mine says::

Error: Database

Encountered a section with no Package header

You could try this. Not sure if it applies, but who knows?

[FIX] Sub-process bzip2 has returned an error... - iPod touch Fans forum

Thanks L00i3 I went in and deleted the sources and I'm still being shut out of Cydia.

Any suggestions?

I followed another link and found this:

"My Cydia was crashing every time it opened. I traced it to corrupt files in /var/lib/dpkg/updates. Deleting them fixed Cydia. I can't guarantee that will fix Cydia crashes but it has worked for several people who have asked the same question here recently.

Here are a few methods to delete them.

SSH into the phone and type "rm /var/lib/dpkg/updates/*" (without quotes) and hit enter. Delete the updates.

Or:

Open MobileTerminal on the phone and type "rm /var/lib/dpkg/updates/*" (without quotes) and hit enter.

Or:

Use the apps iFile or Discover from Cydia to browse to /var/lib/dpkg/updates/ and swipe the files then select delete, or in iFile select edit, check all the files, then tap the trash can at the bottom."

I used the first method. It worked!! I'm back in Cydia!
    Last edited by savior_of_the_broken; 10-21-2009 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to savior_of_the_broken For This Useful Post:

jamie_lynn23 (09-26-2010)