+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n & iPhoneBrowser

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Please try the new afc2add application (thanks for the hosting, poetic_folly) in Cydia. Install the application to add the service. Uninstalling removes the service again.
    Thanks

Please try the new afc2add application (thanks for the hosting, poetic_folly) in Cydia.

Install the application to add the service. Uninstalling removes the service again.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

Jennyfurrr03 (12-10-2009), Splitroaster (10-16-2009), Venusgirl (05-12-2011)

Thanks

thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    Please try the new afc2add application (thanks for the hosting, poetic_folly) in Cydia.

Install the application to add the service. Uninstalling removes the service again.
    afc2add works perfectly! Thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rich1976 For This Useful Post:

sswero (10-02-2010)

Thanks

afc2add isn't workin for me. Tried reinstalling twice and updated to the new beta version of iphone browser.

I'm gonna have to SSH and patch manually I guess, pain in the ***.

UPDATE:

This just got weird, my Services.plist file already had the code in it correctly, so the patch worked. I've rebooted several times but iphone browser still isnt recognising the phone. I'm at a loss.
    Last edited by verrybigdog; 10-14-2009 at 01:40 PM.
    -Chris

Thanks

What is happening with iPhoneBrowser?

What version of iTunes/what OS?
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hec-POA's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by verrybigdog View Post
    afc2add isn't workin for me. Tried reinstalling twice and updated to the new beta version of iphone browser.

I'm gonna have to SSH and patch manually I guess, pain in the ***.

UPDATE:

This just got weird, my Services.plist file already had the code in it correctly, so the patch worked. I've rebooted several times but iphone browser still isnt recognising the phone. I'm at a loss.
    Yea, having the same problem here

Green Apple
    Thanks

OMG the afc2add worked perfect thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    Well, I tried WinSCP, and it worked for SSH. But I am very much unimpressed with 3.1.2 & blackra1n. I am pretty sure I will be going back to my custom 3.1 later on.

*crossing my fingers for Dev Team to release a REAL jailbreak*
    Man! All this stuff is so over my head. I jailbroken my 3gs with 3.1.2. On another users advice I was going to try getting winscp and openssh to try and learn more about ssh and sharing my torrents from my phone to my computer. Why are you saying you're unimpressed? What is the difference in geohots blackra1n and a dev team "real" jailbreak? Thanks!

And what is an iPhone browser? I thought a browser was like safari.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter3gs View Post
    Man! All this stuff is so over my head. I jailbroken my 3gs with 3.1.2. On another users advice I was going to try getting winscp and openssh to try and learn more about ssh and sharing my torrents from my phone to my computer. Why are you saying you're unimpressed? What is the difference in geohots blackra1n and a dev team "real" jailbreak? Thanks!

And what is an iPhone browser? I thought a browser was like safari.
    That other user was me

iphonebrowser - Project Hosting on Google Code

iphonebrowser is a file browser, kind of like Windows Explorer or Finder on a Mac. It's similar to SSH, except it's used with the USB cable rather than wifi. And the phone doesn't have to be awake to use it. SSH is a little more flexible though cuz you can run terminal commands, drag files from the phone to the computer rather than right click -> save file as, and change the file permissions on the phone if they're not right.

I just prefer Dev Team tools, as I have used redsn0w 0.3 to JB my ipoud touch at 2.2.1 without issue, redsn0w 0.8 to JB my iphone at 3.0 & 3.0.1 with no issues (many times) and PwnageTool created custom firmwares to JB my iphone at 3.1 with no issues (couple times). I used blackra1n to JB my iphone at 3.1.2, and I had issues. Both times it took 2 runs for the jailbreak to "take", and then this whole thing where I had to edit this services.plist file to be able to use iPhoneBrowser.

Since I finally got AppBackup working on my blackra1ned 3.1.2 last night, I think tonight I am gonna load my custom 3.1.2 that I made with PwnageTool since I won't have to spend an hour or better manually restoring all the backup info.
    Last edited by L00i3; 10-16-2009 at 10:59 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

NetMage (03-25-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    That other user was me

iphonebrowser - Project Hosting on Google Code

iphonebrowser is a file browser, kind of like Windows Explorer or Finder on a Mac. It's similar to SSH, except it's used with the USB cable rather than wifi. And the phone doesn't have to be awake to use it. SSH is a little more flexible though cuz you can run terminal commands, drag files from the phone to the computer rather than right click -> save file as, and change the file permissions on the phone if they're not right.

I just prefer Dev Team tools, as I have used redsn0w 0.3 to JB my ipoud touch at 2.2.1 without issue, redsn0w 0.8 to JB my iphone at 3.0 & 3.0.1 with no issues (many times) and PwnageTool created custom firmwares to JB my iphone at 3.1 with no issues (couple times). I used blackra1n to JB my iphone at 3.1.2, and I had issues. Both times it took 2 runs for the jailbreak to "take", and then this whole thing where I had to edit this services.plist file to be able to use iPhoneBrowser.

Since I finally got AppBackup working on my blackra1ned 3.1.2 last night, I think tonight I am gonna load my custom 3.1.2 that I made with PwnageTool since I won't have to spend an hour or better manually restoring all the backup info.
    I just want my JB iPhone to be running as smoothly and effecieny as possible. If you do.....all of the stuff you said, like installing your custom firmware. What will the difference be?

If pwnage is better I'd like to use dev team stuff too, but I am correct when I say I read that since I am a windows PC user, pwnage is not available to me right? Blackra1n is my ony option if I want to jailbreak for now, correct?

Thanks for your help man I am learning sa lot and I'll
    never ask the same question twice

Green Apple
    Thanks

do they make a PwnageTool for windows or something similar to that.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

No.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter3gs View Post
    I just want my JB iPhone to be running as smoothly and effecieny as possible. If you do.....all of the stuff you said, like installing your custom firmware. What will the difference be?

If pwnage is better I'd like to use dev team stuff too, but I am correct when I say I read that since I am a windows PC user, pwnage is not available to me right? Blackra1n is my ony option if I want to jailbreak for now, correct?

Thanks for your help man I am learning sa lot and I'll
    never ask the same question twice
    It is possible to run a virtual machine loaded with Mac OS X within Windows. That is how I used PwnageTool to create a custom 3.1.2.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

for some reason i cnt find the file location u specified since EVERY program tht lets u see ur iphone files tells me that it isnt jailbroken when it is, i cnt go further into my root directory, and i cnt even download anything from cydia because i typed in the wrong password mistakenly and now i cnt get past the lock screen, any1 have additional help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iphonebrowser 1.93 crases as soon as i try to open it i get an error????? why??
    Last edited by Sticky111; 11-24-2009 at 11:00 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

This worked for me. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This worked like a charm! Thanks!!! I'd been trying to figure out how to fix this for a while now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    everyone probably knows this now coz its an old thread but just download afc2add from cydia it'll do the trick easy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Lightbulb usb iphone solutions
    iSutal V9.10.09 Released- iSutal
    i-FunBox | File Manager, Browser, Explorer, Transfer Tool for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch via USB

if you want to copy your files and winSCP doesnt work with this works fine.
    Firmware 3.1.2
    iPhone 3G 8GB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks