Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unbrick unlock iphone without restoring

Default unbrick unlock iphone without restoring
    I need help....I googled this problem for two days and I cant figure out what to do. I know theres somebody here whos gonna help me, I heard this site is the best for help

I have a 3g phone unlocked was working fine with tmobile.
    I accidently tried to upgrade the software with itunes. Now the phone is bricked. I dont want to restore the phone. I have a lot of music and data on the phone, I dont wanna lose
    What are my options??
    thank you

can you please describe "the phone is bricked"
    does it turn on ?
    is it stuck at apple logo ?
    have you tried IphoneBrowser ?
    does Itunes reconize ?

please make a more precise describtion

I dont have ipohne browser. first time ive heard of it
    the phone does turn on, i can see my background image....i have service just cant pass the emergency call, they telling me i have to activate the phone.
    And yes itunes does recognize the iphone. But the phone is locked with a passcode, i "must enter the passcode on the iphone before it can be used with itunes"

so basically you just updated your phone through itunes without getting any kind of information if it's safe or not?

well, I'm afraid you are out of luck my friend, sorry. you have to create a custom IPSW, which can only be done via PwnageTool on a mac.
    under windows, you could try redsn0w, but I'm not sure if it will work.

In any case, if you updated to an official 3.1 you will not be able to unlock the phone anymore, which means for now (and maybe forever) it's just a nice ipod.

So basically I have to wait for a jailbreak of the new software
    and I can get all my data back???
    Thanks men, I can't afford to restore the phone

you can use the iphone broser to get the music and stuff off the phone. Than you can either restore to 3.0.1 since you are 3 g and not 3gs and run redsnow $ untra snow or better yet use pwnage for 3.1 and create a custom 3.1 firm ware.

Oh yeah you are not "bricked"

Quote Originally Posted by imbuggin View Post
    you can use the iphone broser to get the music and stuff off the phone. Than you can either restore to 3.0.1 since you are 3 g and not 3gs and run redsnow $ untra snow or better yet use pwnage for 3.1 and create a custom 3.1 firm ware.

Oh yeah you are not "bricked"
    ultra snow can't be run on 3.1. but I admit I didn't see he was on a 3g, I thought he said 3gs.

in that case, best is to get acceess to a mac and use pwnagetool to jailbreak 3.1

Thanks

you could try iRecovery to boot it. Google for it.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Quote Originally Posted by bollerik View Post
    can you please describe "the phone is bricked"
    does it turn on ?
    is it stuck at apple logo ?
    have you tried IphoneBrowser ?
    does Itunes reconize ?

please make a more precise describtion
    mine is stuck at apple logo because i installed h1siri.deb in autoinstall folder