+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1 Freeze

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
A few days ago along with many others i accidentaley upgraded my iphone so i lost Cydia etc. However the phone worked fine. Today i have read that i could
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3.1 Freeze
    A few days ago along with many others i accidentaley upgraded my iphone so i lost Cydia etc. However the phone worked fine. Today i have read that i could re jailbreak it back to 3.0. I have tried this using redsn0w and all i get now on the screen is the usb wire and the itunes disk. everytime i try to restore it with itunes i get an error after install. i have tried to install recovery file 3.0 and 3.1 for my 3g. Any help much appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 9,491 Times in 5,833 Posts

^have you tried using DFU mode to restore? what .ipsw are you using?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its stuck in dfu mode now. i have tried the latest 3.1 and 3.0 ispw files
    it is just updating now through itunes i think it will fail though. the itunes gives me error too

itunes just reported that it has unkown error (1015)
    Last edited by scottjames1uk; 09-13-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 9,491 Times in 5,833 Posts

are you sure it's in DFU?

Recovery mode - A special mode in the device allowing firmware restoration; in this mode, the screen of the device shows a graphic
    DFU mode - A special mode in the device that bypasses the loading of the operating system for recovery purposes; in this mode, the screen of the device is blank

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i dont think its in that as i have the usb and itunes disc showing. How do i get that Dfu then? Your help is appreciated i have been trying allsorts for past 2 hrs

I have it in DFU mode now because i have the yellow triangle in itunes and screen blank. i have just started pwnage. i didnt have to press any buttons on the phone as it was in DFU. its currently wating for reboot but its slow. i am using 3,0 restore

Well it said it was jailbreaking then 15 mins later it went back to the wire and itunes disk. Really not sure now how to resolve this. Can anyone help pls
    Last edited by scottjames1uk; 09-13-2009 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost