Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help, Iphone getting no service after jailbroken

Default Help, Iphone getting no service after jailbroken
    Hey guys, I have an Iphone with Fido in Canada, and I accidently upgraded it to firmware 3.1, but I was able to restore it back to 3.0 and jailbreak it on 3.0. After I did this, I put my sim card in my phone and it isn't getting any service even though the phone's with Fido and my sim card is a fido one. Also, when i go to the settings, it says "Not Available" for Network and Carrier in Settings.

Can someone help me?

Right...because you cannot jailbreak your 3G[S] after you have upgraded it to 3.1

The dev-team wasn't kidding.

i have the iphone 3g, not 3gs

how did you jailbreak it?

Did you use redsnow to install cydia and ultrasn0w to activate?

Quote Originally Posted by mprziv View Post
    how did you jailbreak it?

Did you use redsnow to install cydia and ultrasn0w to activate?
    I am having the same issue, but I am with AT&T. I went through the downgrade process, jailbroke 3.0 with redsn0w, but I get no carrier and cannot use my iphone 3g as a phone. everything else works fine. I restored back to 3.1 now, and guess I will play the waiting game unless anyone has any ideas.

also... I attempted to use ultrasnow even though I was on at&t just to see if it would make a difference, and the phone just said "searching..." instead of just the blank bars.

is there a working downgrade process for iphone 3g for the trigger happy-stupid like me?
    Last edited by elbuhhda; 09-12-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elbuhhda View Post
    I am having the same issue, but I am with AT&T. I went through the downgrade process, jailbroke 3.0 with redsn0w, but I get no carrier and cannot use my iphone 3g as a phone. everything else works fine. I restored back to 3.1 now, and guess I will play the waiting game unless anyone has any ideas.

also... I attempted to use ultrasnow even though I was on at&t just to see if it would make a difference, and the phone just said "searching..." instead of just the blank bars.

is there a working downgrade process for iphone 3g for the trigger happy-stupid like me?
    Yeah I did the same thing as you and I've restored it to 3.1....Sigh, stupid me

Quote Originally Posted by zhu_dawg View Post
    lets just hope that megasn0w allows for a jailbreak even though the bb was upgraded through iTunes. I learned my lesson, never again will I upgrade without a confirmed jailbreak from devteam

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zhu_dawg View Post
    If you are on an official carrier then you just need to activate it and not hacktivate it. You have to restore and let the phone activate with itunes before jailbreaking

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    If you are on an official carrier then you just need to activate it and not hacktivate it. You have to restore and let the phone activate with itunes before jailbreaking
    I will try that... is 3.0.1 ok? or do you have to use 3.0?

Thanks

3.0.1 is fine

3.0.1 is fine
    ok when i restored with itunes 8.2 with the 3.0.1 firmware i get an error "itunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode, you must restore.. before using in itunes" and my iphone hss the usb itunes graphics on it. what did i do wrong? im not even to the redsn0w step yet.

ok when i restored with itunes 8.2 with the 3.0.1 firmware i get an error "itunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode, you must restore.. before using in itunes" and my iphone hss the usb itunes graphics on it. what did i do wrong? im not even to the redsn0w step yet.
    Is there a step that I am missing?
    Last edited by elbuhhda; 09-13-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

did you try shift restoring to 3.0.1?

did you try shift restoring to 3.0.1?
    shift restore yes... the box comes up to choose the firmware, which i choose the 3.0.1 ipsw, and it installs, then itunes says its in dfu mode and will not activate... i must have a bad file? or am missing a step. i am using windows xp running itunes 8.2.

shift restore yes... the box comes up to choose the firmware, which i choose the 3.0.1 ipsw, and it installs, then itunes says its in dfu mode and will not activate... i must have a bad file? or am missing a step. i am using windows xp running itunes 8.2.
    just ran again and got a 1015 error, and a message to restore via itunes.
    Last edited by elbuhhda; 09-13-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost