+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there a way to restore iphone without itunes??

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
is there a way to restore iphone without itunes or a way to put the firmware in itunes??? what happpen was i opened up backgrounder up and set the ph
    Thanks

Exclamation Is there a way to restore iphone without itunes??
    is there a way to restore iphone without itunes or a way to put the firmware in itunes??? what happpen was i opened up backgrounder up and set the ph to run in background and the ph crashed... well i re jailbroke it cause it is stuck in reboot mode.. it constantly reboots just to the apple logo and that is it.... now even before i rejailborke it the info was wiped off.. it says firmware is 3.0.1 but no name and has to be restored.... well i'm in a bad spot for a couple of days and me internet signal is crap and drops after a few min itunes can't dl the file all the way.... is there a way to put the firmware in itunes so i don't have to dl it???

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Dont understand what you mean by putting the firmware into Itunes without downloading it. Where do you plan on getting it otherwise?

You have to download it somehow. Doesnt have to be from Itunes, but obviously has to be downloaded.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

How are you going to put it in there if you dont have it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    How are you going to put it in there if you dont have it?
    i have the firmware downloaded just not to itunes.......is it the same firmware we d/l to jailbreak???? if so i have it..... iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore it is a 230mb file and so is the file itunes is trying to d/l

i can ssh into the ph for about 2 min the it reboots
    Last edited by towboattrash34; 09-06-2009 at 06:35 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You need to hold shift while click on update in iTunes or if your on a mac hold down option while while clicking on update. I think that is what he means.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iGadgetry For This Useful Post:

towboattrash34 (09-06-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGadgetry View Post
    You need to hold shift while click on update in iTunes or if your on a mac hold down option while while clicking on update. I think that is what he means.
    THAKS A BUNCH...... That is what i needed.....

tat was enough to get my ph working and it was still partially jailbrokin..... i was able to tether/still had it @ 3g speed and do a full factory restore... now just have to re jailbreak it...... Thanks
    Last edited by towboattrash34; 09-06-2009 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can someone help please. My iphone is stuck in recovery mode. When I estore on itunes it shows an error and does not download anymore. How do I get out of rcovery mode

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Re: Is there a way to restore iphone without itunes??
    Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    is there a way to restore iphone without itunes or a way to put the firmware in itunes??? what happpen was i opened up backgrounder up and set the ph to run in background and the ph crashed... well i re jailbroke it cause it is stuck in reboot mode.. it constantly reboots just to the apple logo and that is it.... now even before i rejailborke it the info was wiped off.. it says firmware is 3.0.1 but no name and has to be restored.... well i'm in a bad spot for a couple of days and me internet signal is crap and drops after a few min itunes can't dl the file all the way.... is there a way to put the firmware in itunes so i don't have to dl it???
    Free Download: (Long URL) iTunes replacement.

Free iTunes alternative - Manage iPod and iPhone without iTunes