Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Trying to get voipover3g to work with 3gs

  1. #1
    Default Trying to get voipover3g to work with 3gs
    i just jailbroke my 3gs with purplera1n.

    i installed cydia, then voipover3g 1.0.2, then the newest MobileSubstrate.

    now my app store and itunes both crash. and skype and fring crash too.

    so i uninstalled voipover3g, and they start working again. skype/fring start working too, but no voip over 3g.

    i checked to make sure the VoIPover3G.plist says:
    Code:
    Filter = {Bundles = ("com.Fringland.Fring", "com.apple.AppStore", "com.audiofile.Interstate", 
    
    "com.apple.MobileStore", "com.apple.SpringBoard", "com.skype.skype");};
    help anyone??

  2. #2
    I'm in the same boat. I tried tricker3g as well and got the same results. I think this time its just a matter of voipover3g/tricker3g simply not being compatable at this point - they're going to need 3gs updates. Hopefully sooner rather than later....

  3. #3
    I tried it as well and it doesn't work.

  4. #4
    what's really disappointing is that i wanted to jailbreak it so that i can do skype over 3g. we have a yearly skyep in/out subscription, and if i could use it on my phone, omg!!!

  5. #5
    Yep, thats the only reason i JB - for skype over 3g. Oh well, looks like we'll have to wait.

  6. #6
    let's all agree to post something here the moment we hear anything about voipover3g working with 3gs.

    they're saying here that it does work for 3.0, but no mention about 3gs:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/3rd-par...ore-3-0-a.html

  7. #7
    skype works fine on my 3gs with voipover3g. nothing else works though... i wish it was skype not working and sling working

    did anyone try skype? i saw on a few other forums that people had skype working on 3gs as well.

    hope this helps.

    jenzo

  8. #8
    how did u get yours to work?

    most other cydia apps don't work now. sigh

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jenzo View Post
    skype works fine on my 3gs with voipover3g. nothing else works though... i wish it was skype not working and sling working

    did anyone try skype? i saw on a few other forums that people had skype working on 3gs as well.

    hope this helps.

    jenzo
    would you please please teach me how to get the skype working on 3G network on my 3Gs phone? I have tried everything. I jailbroken the 3Gs with purplerai0n, even unlocking works perfect with ultrasn0w. I just can't get the Skype to work over 3G network. If you could, please tell me how. Thank you.

  10. #10
    Green Apple SPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC CANADA
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Nothing utilizing mobilesubstrate is working with 3GS right now. That includes voipover3g or tricker3g....there must be some confusion by the poster above who states he has it working. I have been in communication with CrashX and he states that the JB is missing some Kernel patches that must be in place before these apps will work. We must play the waiting game

  11. #11
    does that mean a new jb will need to be released? probably the one from the dev team? lol

    guess we'll have to wait

  12. #12
    sorry all! skype launches fine i even had it logged in a ready so i assumed it works. no go once you make a call or try to receive one... since all the apps crash on startup and skype doesnt i jumped the gun

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SPS View Post
    Nothing utilizing mobilesubstrate is working with 3GS right now. That includes voipover3g or tricker3g....there must be some confusion by the poster above who states he has it working. I have been in communication with CrashX and he states that the JB is missing some Kernel patches that must be in place before these apps will work. We must play the waiting game
    Thats good to hear that at least somebody has been in communication with CrashX.... Thanks for the (somewhat) good news!

  14. #14
    Green Apple SPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC CANADA
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Ya i was completely disappointed when i found out. It was the whole purpose of jailbreaking for me. From what I gather, it will either be a new release from the Dev Team (New JB) or patched Kernel's from GeoHot. My guess will likely be the Dev Team JB will come first.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SPS View Post
    Ya i was completely disappointed when i found out. It was the whole purpose of jailbreaking for me. From what I gather, it will either be a new release from the Dev Team (New JB) or patched Kernel's from GeoHot. My guess will likely be the Dev Team JB will come first.
    same here... it's the whole point of jailbreaking for me. the long distance rate on cellphone is just way too stupid in canada and i'm trying to beat it with this skype thing.
    Thanks for whoever contacted CrashX. Hopefully we'll be able to get the update soon... fingers crossed.

  16. #16
    After installing VOIPover3G, fring and app store close immediately after opening, I uninstall VOIPover3G and they start working again. Works fine on my 3G OS 3.0, but not my 3Gs, as I have read here, I guess its not compatible yet, we need an update.

  17. #17
    Green Apple SPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC CANADA
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by galantgtz99 View Post
    same here... it's the whole point of jailbreaking for me. the long distance rate on cellphone is just way too stupid in canada and i'm trying to beat it with this skype thing.
    Thanks for whoever contacted CrashX. Hopefully we'll be able to get the update soon... fingers crossed.
    Totally agreed. F** Rogers. I have a "My 10" Plan... but still LD is still absolutely outrageous... Im so jealous of our friends to the South :P

    I am PRAYING for a release sometime soon that will allow voipover3g. Since its my primary focus... i will be posting anything I see.. or anything I get back from CrashX.

  18. #18
    I have same problem with my 3GS, Tricker3G does not work for Slingplayer and will crash that app, as well as Appstore and some others I think. I hope they come out with a Tricker3GS soon, heh. I don't mind paying $30 for slingplayer as long as I can watch it when I want to! I wonder why on my WinMobile phone ATT had NO problems with slingplayer straming over 3G or HSPDA, but now for the iPhone its a big deal???! F-them!

  19. #19
    new mobile substrate is out that is 3GS compatible... but it still doesnt fix voipover3g/tricker3g

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SuddleD View Post
    I have same problem with my 3GS, Tricker3G does not work for Slingplayer and will crash that app, as well as Appstore and some others I think. I hope they come out with a Tricker3GS soon, heh. I don't mind paying $30 for slingplayer as long as I can watch it when I want to! I wonder why on my WinMobile phone ATT had NO problems with slingplayer straming over 3G or HSPDA, but now for the iPhone its a big deal???! F-them!
    That is the stupidest **** i have ever heard. att doesnt get to regulate apps that come out for wmo! there are thousands of wmo phones for serval carriers. THERE IS ONE IPHONE FOR ONE CARRIER! ATT TURNED IT DOWN NOT APPLE DIPSHIT!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •