+ Reply
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Jailbreak iPhone 2G with no SIM

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
As the title states, I'm having a heck of a time with this. Here's the info. I purchased the original iPhone and used it thru the end of my contract.
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Jailbreak iPhone 2G with no SIM
    As the title states, I'm having a heck of a time with this. Here's the info.

    I purchased the original iPhone and used it thru the end of my contract. When I renewed, I ended up with a blackberry so it was more compatible with work. 3 months later my employer decided to buy us all VZW cell phones - I ended up dumping my blackberry and the att contract and oops, the SIM too. Now I have this great phone that was super expensive that I would like to use as an iPod Touch. Already own it right?

    I first tried to download QuickPWN and jailbreak the phone. However, when I get to the screen with the 3 devices on it, the program won't let me choose the iPhone - it just sits there. I'm thinking that my firmware is too old (read that it needs to be 2.x.x) and I think I'm still down in the 1.x.x

    Reading thru the forums, I then found ZiPhone. I followed someone else's directions for the same install hoping for good results. No matter if I select the "Jailbreak Unlock and Activate" button or just the "Unlock and Activate" button I get the same error message which is as follows:

    Checking ZiPhone integrity...
    ppc
    Searching for iPhone...
    USBMuxListenerCreate: Unknown error: 0

    I've tried restarting the phone, restarting my computer, switching USB ports, syncing with the doc, syncing with just the 32 pin cord, and have been reading for the past three hours and nothing. Any thoughts?

    If I was to buy a sim card from eBay and pop it in, would that work? THey're only 4 bucks or so and seem like it would get me passed the "SIM card required to activate" screen on the phone.

    Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,644
    Thanks
    3,754
    Thanked 9,682 Times in 5,945 Posts

    Welcome to MMi

    Ziphone is not the answer. You don't want to use that.
    I think you should sync with iTunes and upgrade to what ever firmware you want.
    3.0 has just been released and you might as well go there for the features.
    Here's a link that should help you out.

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks for the response. I guess I should have clarified a little more as to why I don't seem to be able to update the firmware. I'm sure it's just a matter of missing a step, but here's what happens:


    Turn iPhone on and it tells me, " No SIM card installed Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone.

    Plug iPhone in and iTunes will launch telling me, "iTunes cannot activate your iPhone because the SIM card is not inserted or a SIM PIN is required. Disconnect your iPhone, make sure your SIM card is inserted correctly and, if you use a SIM PIN, tap Unlock to enter it and then reconnect your phone."

    So at this point I'm ASSUMING the problem is that I don't have a SIM card, which won't let me update my firmware, which is keeping me from jailbreaking it with pwnage? Again, I'm assuming here and wanted to check in with others who may have had this issue before I run out and spend money on something that's not actually the issue.

    Thanks so much.

  4. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Are you using windows or mac

  5. #5
    Custom Title angiepangie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Golden State :)
    Posts
    3,844
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 222 Times in 211 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mixedgasdiver View Post
    Thanks for the response. I guess I should have clarified a little more as to why I don't seem to be able to update the firmware. I'm sure it's just a matter of missing a step, but here's what happens:


    Turn iPhone on and it tells me, " No SIM card installed Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone.

    Plug iPhone in and iTunes will launch telling me, "iTunes cannot activate your iPhone because the SIM card is not inserted or a SIM PIN is required. Disconnect your iPhone, make sure your SIM card is inserted correctly and, if you use a SIM PIN, tap Unlock to enter it and then reconnect your phone."

    So at this point I'm ASSUMING the problem is that I don't have a SIM card, which won't let me update my firmware, which is keeping me from jailbreaking it with pwnage? Again, I'm assuming here and wanted to check in with others who may have had this issue before I run out and spend money on something that's not actually the issue.

    Thanks so much.
    just jailbreak with redsn0w.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

  6. #6
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,644
    Thanks
    3,754
    Thanked 9,682 Times in 5,945 Posts

    post is 2 months old, problem was cured via a million PM's lust sayin'

  7. #7
    Custom Title angiepangie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Golden State :)
    Posts
    3,844
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 222 Times in 211 Posts

    Oh sorry blkcadi. I didn't see the date on the first post.
    It just showed up in my new posts so I answered
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

  8. #8
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,644
    Thanks
    3,754
    Thanked 9,682 Times in 5,945 Posts

    ^no worries love

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i am havin that issue too.... on itunes it just says welcome to yournew iphone.... and i tried redsnow.... dont work....

  10. #10
    Super Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,935
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabylan View Post
    i am havin that issue too.... on itunes it just says welcome to yournew iphone.... and i tried redsnow.... dont work....
    We need details.

  11. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi there, I am having EXACTLY the same problem with my A1203.

    unfortunately you found a solution but did not post it in this thread, rendering this thread useless. I excitedly read your problem and the responses only to get to the end you say that you found the solution after a million PMs.

    Can anyone help with this? I have had this Iphone sitting there for 3 months now, unusable due to the exactly same problem.

    It was functioning fine but then I restored the iphone via the Options on the IPhone (not using Itunes). I removed the original SIM and threw it in the bin because I had moved to Brasil and the Australian chip I thought was useless.
    Last edited by JusA1203; 10-27-2010 at 04:55 AM. Reason: typos

  12. #12
    Super Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,935
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

    All 2g iphones can be jailbroken for life

    If you do not know what version is on your iphone , you can press this
    *3001#12345#*

    If it is not 3.1.3, put your iphone into recovery and hit restore in itunes.

    Then read this, you can hactivate, jailbreak and unlock without a sim

    http://modmyi.com/guides/how-jailbre...-windows-os-x/
    Last edited by iYeow; 10-27-2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #13
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    All 2g iphones can be jailbroken for life

    If you do not know what version is on your iphone , you can press this
    *3001#12345#*

    If it is not 3.1.3, put your iphone into recovery and hit restore in itunes.

    Then read this, you can hactivate, jailbreak and unlock without a sim

    http://modmyi.com/guides/how-jailbre...-windows-os-x/
    That link is dead. "Page Not Found"

  14. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life j3st3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,448
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 405 Times in 395 Posts



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts