Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
09-21-2007, 10:23 AM #1iphone messed up while jailbreaking!! Help!
I was installing "Breezy" and was going through Jailbreaking but it froze. Now it will not connect to itunes or stay on for more than a few minutes. How can I restore the firmware?
I am on a mac!
The error i get from itunes is error #0xE8000023
09-21-2007, 11:40 PM #2
Disconnect the dock from the Mac. Press and hold the Home and sleep buttons UNTIL A YELLO TRIANGLE appers. About 25 secs. Then Fire up iTunes THEN plug the dock back in. iTunes should say "found an iPhone in Restore Mode...." You will likely have to re-unlock after the Restore.
09-23-2007, 11:25 AM #3
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately the yellow triangle is not showing up. I held the buttons down for about a minute. Any other suggestions??
09-23-2007, 11:52 AM #4
- Unplug iPhone
- Restart your computer
- Once restarted, open iTunes
- Plug in your iPhone and cancel anything that may open.
- Hold the power button on your iPhone until it goes off
- Then turn it on
- When you see the apple logo, press and hold both the power and home buttons
- Continue to hold until you see the yellow triangle(your iPhone may restart during this, just keep holding)
- In iTunes, it will ask if you want to restore or something, hit restore
- iTunes will run some things that will allow your phone to restore.
In the future, also, I would completely delete breezy and any other applications you were using, and re-download.
Last edited by Trent J.; 09-23-2007 at 12:13 PM. Reason: NEW DIRECTIONS
09-23-2007, 11:59 AM #5
Dock your iPhone and then hold the home + power button for 25s and you will see the yellow triangle. You have to be docked to make this work. Good luck.
09-23-2007, 12:13 PM #6
Read my new directions.. they should help a little bit more.
09-23-2007, 12:54 PM #7
09-23-2007, 04:08 PM #8
That worked! Thank you SO much! I have been told by about 12 different people that I was SOL. I knew there had to be a easy way!!
If you are ever in the Bahamas, I will have to take you out for a few beers!
A VERY greatful new friend!