Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I want to "re-jailbreak"

Quote Originally Posted by iquanyin View Post
    how do i edit the aptbackup list? and about "losing" ability to unlock...? i restored my phone and put 2.2.1 on it last month, i also unlocked it again at that time, and so i'm unlocked as before. i forgot to run aptbackup, but i plan to after i upgrade to 3.0 when it comes out. thanks, all

oh--i forgot! there's a custom fw that gives you a gig partition (vs 512 or whatever)? i'd love that, as i have like 7% only on mine. i deleted all the language stuff (except english) to bring it to that from 5%. i asked my programmer kid if it were possible to get more and he doubted it, but then, he never had a jailbroken iphone.
    Yup there is, the link is in this thread, a few posts back from Captain Chaos. It's 2.2.1 with the 2.28 (2.2 FW) baseband, so unlock is still possible. Like you say, it also has a 1GB OS partition which hopefully (unless I've misunderstood) means more system RAM (as the iphone just uses the HDD as virtual RAM)?

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Post back to let us know when it's worked!
    or if you have a problem.
    it's always nice to hear a happy ending.
    Cool will do. I have the entire private/var/mobile/Library and private/var/mobile/stash/Themes.kXWk6T folders backed up now.

Can you tell I worry about stuff far too much? lol
    Last edited by Amraam; 05-17-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iquanyin View Post
    how do i edit the aptbackup list? ....
    It's a simple text file 'aptbackup_dpkg-packages.txt' located in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences.

AptBackup "backup" front-ends dpkg to create a list of all installed apps. AptBackup "restore" feeds that list to dpkg to install. Simple and sweet

OK, the restore to the custom FW went fine. However, it's taking an age to sync. Is that normal? I told it to set it up as a new phone rather than from a backup.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

My 16GB can take more than an hour to sync apps, photos, songs and videos.

Eh? I haven't jailbroken yet, only restored, yet I have cydia and Installer on my springboard? Does that custom firmware come with it like?

Also, QuickPwn won't accept that custom 2.2.1 FW as it says it's unsupported, oh well, I'm happy with 2.2 anyway...
    Last edited by Amraam; 05-17-2009 at 07:35 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

why is there gibberish?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12