+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHotz Baseband Downgrade from 2.30 -> 2.28

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Here's the link im not 100% sure if it works imma try it later today but here you go.. Iphone Orkut: GeoHotz is one of the 5.8 bootloader exploit the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default GeoHotz Baseband Downgrade from 2.30 -> 2.28
    Here's the link im not 100% sure if it works imma try it later today but here you go..

Iphone Orkut: GeoHotz is one of the 5.8 bootloader exploit the iPhone - Learn now how to downgrade the baseband of the iPhone 3G

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iMacMar For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (04-13-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Looks like it's for real but there are now three bootloader versions for the iPhone 3G depending on when it was manufactured. 5.08, 5.09 and 6.02. This downgrade process ONLY works for people who have the 5.08 bootloader. The exploit was patched in the other ones. To find out what bootloader you have follow the instructions below. You can download the program from the link in the post above.

This is not an easy process. If you are not comfortable with command line and SSH do not attempt this procedure!

Install Mobile Terminal from Cydia
    Download BBUpdaterExtreme and patch files from http://meetlisten.com/iDowngradeMyBaseband.zip

SSH BBUpdaterExtreme into /var/root (make sure you're not in private/var/root)

After you've gotten Mobile Terminal installed, open it up and follow these instructions carefully (capitalization counts!) to check what version of bootloader you have.

(All case sensitive and you may need to use cd .. to change to the right directory you've uploaded the files to)

1. Type in: su
    2. Type in the password: alpine
    3. Type in: chmod 755 BBUpdaterExtremee
    4. Type in: launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    5. Type in: ./BBUpdaterExtreme queryversion
    6. Look for "Boot Loader Version:" in the output. If you see 5.08 you're good to go. If you see 5.09 or 6.02 you're stuck.

If you have have 5.09 or 6.02 reboot your phone to load your commcenter and get back to normal. If you have 5.08 and want to proceed:

Get the baseband image and patch files from the files you downloaded and SSH both files into /var/root

Close Mobile terminal, re-open it, and type in the following commands.
    (All case sensitive and you may need to use cd .. to change to the right directory you've uploaded the files to)

7. Type in: su
    8. Type in the password: alpine
    9. Type in: chmod 755 BBUpdaterExtreme
    10. Type in: launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    11. Type in: ./BBUpdaterExtreme update -f ICE2_02.28.00.fls -e ICE2_02.28.00.eep
    12. Reboot your iPhone
    13. Download and install yellowsn0w to unlock your baseband.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 04-17-2009 at 09:09 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

mkjrock (04-18-2009)

Thanks

I did a little more searching and found that it works with 3G that has a 5.8 bootloader but will not work with 5.9 but i will report back

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

heres another link to it with some blog comments for ppl that get errors Here

apparently your phone has to be on a specific bootloader for the exploit to successfully downgrade the BB, if its on anything 5.9 or higher it wont work.

oops looks like imacmar beat me too it lol sorry for the double post
    Verizon iPhone 4 jailbroken
    iOS 4.2.8
    I'm a NY GIANT!!!

Thanks

Ok didnt work for me im on 5.9

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Its only for 5.08, only.

iPhone? More like MyPhone drtybrd61's Avatar
    Thanks

does the beta firmware upgrade your bootloader? and would you be able to downgrade from beta 2?
    Mafia Live Family Code: 143 035 642

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for all this guide, now because I'm quite a noob in these things, I'd like to ask few things:

- may I do everything from my Mac or shall I use a Win based pc?
    - do you think it is possible for a noob like me to downgrade my iphone (assuming that I have this 5.8 bootloader)?
    - on the above link they speak about a general ssh client, is that Mobile Terminal?

Thanks in advance

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maurinho76 View Post
    Thanks for all this guide, now because I'm quite a noob in these things, I'd like to ask few things:

- may I do everything from my Mac or shall I use a Win based pc?
    - do you think it is possible for a noob like me to downgrade my iphone (assuming that I have this 5.8 bootloader)?
    - on the above link they speak about a general ssh client, is that Mobile Terminal?

Thanks in advance
    you can do it from a mac or pc from what i understand. the instructions are very precise so if you dont feel comfortable with SSH or terminal you probably shouldnt mess with it. the ssh client would be either be winscp (windows) or cyberduck (mac) then obviously your phone has to be jailbroken to get terminal.
    Verizon iPhone 4 jailbroken
    iOS 4.2.8
    I'm a NY GIANT!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    you can do it from a mac or pc from what i understand. the instructions are very precise so if you dont feel comfortable with SSH or terminal you probably shouldnt mess with it. the ssh client would be either be winscp (windows) or cyberduck (mac) then obviously your phone has to be jailbroken to get terminal.
    thanks a lot, mo problem about the jailbreaking and all the instructions, my only copncern is because I've never used before SSH I guess I should write a string in order to copy the files... maybe it's just a "drag'n'drop" and therefore I'm fine
    Because instead I think it's like a telnet application I guess I need to know how to transfer the files properly
    Thank you for your answer

the file ICE2_02.28.00.eep is not working

in fact looking around I found out that it exist with size 105kb rather than 6Mb!

Tonight I'll try again with the other file, you can also have a look at this site

Faça o downgrade de sua Baseband para 2.28 com o iDowngradeMyBaseband (Atualizado) | Blog iTouchBR
    Last edited by maurinho76; 04-15-2009 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah tough luck for me caused my bottloader version is 6.02

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do i get to var/root i keep getting private/var/root the var folder is a shortcut that links straight to private/var ???

Thanks

Geohot has come out of his box again!
    Signature cleaned...

iPhone? More like MyPhone briangriffin's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone 3G
    v.2.2.1 firmware
    BB 02.30.03
    BL 5.08 (confirmed in MiniCom and BBUpdaterExtreme queryversion)

Using either Poseidon's excellent instructions with BBUpdaterExtreme, or the 'DownBB' tool (which automates _some_ of the required steps) described on TheiPhoneWiki I always end up with:

Code:
    "!!! Exception at :0: - BBUReturnError(1)/2: Unsupported memory class CodeClass for EEP transfer.  Are you sure ICE2_02.28.00.eep in an EEP file?  Re-enabling sleep...OK"
    Does anyone have any thoughts? Happy to post log file(s) if it will help...

Needless to say my BB remains at 02.30.03 :-(

Cheers,

Steve

UPDATE: And just for the record, the method using PHaseBanDownloader explained at PHaseBanDowngrader - The iPhone Wiki didn't work for me either. Albeit it _did_ complete successfully and got me all excited by saying "Reboot your device, you should be on baseband 02.28 now".

According to Settings > General > About, I'm not. ;-) maurinho - could you point me at the 'correct files' that worked for you please? I think I've downloaded everything linked to from this thread, but I may have missed something.... Thanks.

UPDATE 2: Screenshot attached. Just tried it on another 5.0.8 phone, same result.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GeoHotz Baseband Downgrade from 2.30 -> 2.28-img_0001.png  
    Last edited by briangriffin; 04-16-2009 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Additional info

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Using the correct files all went through without any problem!

Yes, I could see as well the "VAR" directory as a shortcut, anyway after choosing it I couldn't see the "PRIVATE" anymore

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by james butler View Post
    how do i get to var/root i keep getting private/var/root the var folder is a shortcut that links straight to private/var ???
    when i go to var/root it automatically goes to private/var/root as well.... anyone know a fix?

nevermind...

i just used this: http://lph0ne.blogspot.com/2009/04/h...loader_16.html

Last edited by blackhaT; 04-16-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Thanks

i get this

any help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    you are using the wrong eep file, probably the one that is 6Mb

The correct size is 105kb, I got it unzipping iDownGradeMyBaseBand (you can download it from here http://meetlisten.com/iDowngradeMyBaseband.zip) there's a "FIles" folder with all the 3 necessary files, i suggest you to use all these files
    They worked perfectly with my iPhone

21. The Following User Says Thank You to maurinho76 For This Useful Post:

briangriffin (04-17-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone briangriffin's Avatar
    Thanks

Many thanks. I used the BB file linked to in the original posting so thought I was doing the right thing, but as you say...

Thanks again,

Steve

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by briangriffin View Post
    Many thanks. I used the BB file linked to in the original posting so thought I was doing the right thing, but as you say...

Thanks again,

Steve
    You are more than welcome, sorry I didn't see your post yesterday