Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Persistence issues in Mobile Safari

Default Persistence issues in Mobile Safari
    Hello,

I couldn't find a solution to or much mention of this problem via search, but I'm not quite sure what to search for. I jailbroke to 1.1.3 a couple of weeks ago, and started experiencing the problem with Safari that it wouldn't remember usernames/passwords or any other information between pages. This is most annoying with Google Reader, as it makes me enter my user name and password basically whenever I click a new post, making it basically unusable. OneTrip also fails to retain my shopping list. I tried restoring to a non-jailbroken state and am now running 1.1.4, but the problem remains.

My best guess would be that it's a cookie issue, but I have the browser set to always accept cookies. I used BossTool to move my applications to the other partition when I was jailbroken; could Safari possibly be looking in the wrong spot for it's cookies?

Ideally I'm looking for a solution to this problem so I can rejailbreak, but if no one knows of one, is there a disk image or something I can use to completely restore my phone to its out-of-the-box state? Restoring it from iTunes unjailbroke it, but it clearly didn't reset it completely, as this problem remains and my settings were as I left them. Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

get ziphone 2.5 and click refurbish it will compleatly restore it(but it will also downgrade your bootloader if it is 4.6) witch wont really change anything.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lillewis51 For This Useful Post:

morgan1234 (04-13-2008)

Seems to work. Jailbreaking sure is easier with that program, I definitely didn't see any reference to it when I first started several weeks ago! Thanks a lot for the quick response.

To the original question... I seem to have the same problem in that mobile safari is not always saving my password. I too find this most annoying with the Google mobile applications. Any ideas there?

just install iremeber from your installer, that should fix it. bests!