+ Reply
Page 368 of 464 FirstFirst ... 268 318 358366367368369370 378 418 ... LastLast
Results 7,341 to 7,360 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
We will
...
  1. #7341
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,290
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 917 Times in 832 Posts

    We will
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  2. #7342
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    260
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts

    do you know somthing that the rest of use dont

  3. #7343
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,290
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 917 Times in 832 Posts

    Nothing that can't be read on Twitter or the Dev Team blog.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  4. #7344
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    260
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts

    cool i cant wait thanks

  5. #7345
    apatia z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,698
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    We will see something on Friday! Hopefully our 3Gs when they arrive

  6. #7346
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iphoneman123 View Post
    Just PRE-Ordered 32 gig Black 3GS.....I am SOOOO stoked!

    BTW----Just want to drop a line to say "WHAT"S UP STEALTH!!!!" Couple more days and the fun begins...see ya then. Just had a baby daughter too. BUSY BUSY BUSY but not for the 17th
    Congratulations Man! I am very happy for you

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

    griff1211 (06-15-2009)

  8. #7347
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I pre-ordered the 32 GB white 3GS. I just don't know if the upgrades are worth it from my 3G along with having to open a new account because I am not paying $700 for it. Suggestions? Should I get a friend to use my 3G and pay for it and swap SIM cards???? This sounds too complicated. Should just wait until I qualify for a full upgrade next year when an even better version comes out.

  9. #7348
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Personally, I'm skipping this generation and letting my contract expire. I'm almost certain that by next year, when the next iPhone comes out, It'll be available for other carriers. AT&T's inadequacies are becoming very apparent lately and I'm ready to jump ship. The next iPhone will have a front facing camera and will be video call enabled, as will most phones by the end of next year, and I can't count on AT&T to support it without charging a crapload of money for it. Besides that, in 2 more years, i have no doubts that the iPhone will be surpassed by another company's product and would like to have the option to try something else in a year's time.

    I won't be buying another iPhone until they provide at least 10 hours of web browsing/gaming on a single battery charge.
    Last edited by Araya213; 06-15-2009 at 09:24 AM.

  10. #7349
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I am dying with this stupid ATT Tilt I have as a loaner until my 3GS gets here.

  11. #7350
    Green Apple TennVol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    I just got into the mac world and i must say I love it

  12. #7351
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by griff1211 View Post
    I pre-ordered the 32 GB white 3GS. I just don't know if the upgrades are worth it from my 3G along with having to open a new account because I am not paying $700 for it. Suggestions? Should I get a friend to use my 3G and pay for it and swap SIM cards???? This sounds too complicated. Should just wait until I qualify for a full upgrade next year when an even better version comes out.
    If you got your 3g last year in July you should qualify for and early upgrade price ($399 16gig $499 32 gig) if not you could:

    1) Cancel your account early take the $175 hit and then resign up to at&t to get the 199 or 299 price. You would lose your phone number unless you buy a cheap prepaid phone from another provider (like t mobile) and transferred your number to it (this would cancel your at&t account) and then re sign up for the new iPhone

    2) If your friend is not on AT&T, Have your friend buy the New iPhone at the cheaper price and you pay for it (give them an Apple store gift card for the full price +tax so they do not need to use your Credit Card to buy the phone) and give him your old 3G for free (swapping Sim cards is VERY easy)

    3) Buy the phone for $700, Unlock your 3g and sell it for $200-$300

    4) Stick with 3G and wait until next June for the new model.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to peteo For This Useful Post:

    griff1211 (06-15-2009)

  14. #7352
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default I should probably wait.....
    Quote Originally Posted by peteo View Post
    If you got your 3g last year in July you should qualify for and early upgrade price ($399 16gig $499 32 gig) if not you could:

    1) Cancel your account early take the $175 hit and then resign up to at&t to get the 199 or 299 price. You would lose your phone number unless you buy a cheap prepaid phone from another provider (like t mobile) and transferred your number to it (this would cancel your at&t account) and then re sign up for the new iPhone

    2) If your friend is not on AT&T, Have your friend buy the New iPhone at the cheaper price and you pay for it (give them an Apple store gift card for the full price +tax so they do not need to use your Credit Card to buy the phone) and give him your old 3G for free (swapping Sim cards is VERY easy)

    3) Buy the phone for $700, Unlock your 3g and sell it for $200-$300

    4) Stick with 3G and wait until next June for the new model.
    I like options #1 & #4. The one thing I don't want to do is lose my phone number since I've had it for just a year. AT&T would allow me to transfer back my old # even if I moved it to a pre-paid phone? I actually bought my phone in Sept for I won't qualify for the partial discounted price until 02/10.

    Sounds like a ton of work (as I've said before). So people will pay $300 + for a unlocked 3G? I can do that easily. Options are good. Thanks!

  15. #7353
    iPhone? More like MyPhone captjap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Betty Whites Pants!
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by manickbarry View Post
    A reply with style lol



    you don't want the berry too old as it will go rotten and start to attract flies
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya213 View Post
    Personally, I'm skipping this generation and letting my contract expire. I'm almost certain that by next year, when the next iPhone comes out, It'll be available for other carriers. AT&T's inadequacies are becoming very apparent lately and I'm ready to jump ship. The next iPhone will have a front facing camera and will be video call enabled, as will most phones by the end of next year, and I can't count on AT&T to support it without charging a crapload of money for it. Besides that, in 2 more years, i have no doubts that the iPhone will be surpassed by another company's product and would like to have the option to try something else in a year's time.

    I won't be buying another iPhone until they provide at least 10 hours of web browsing/gaming on a single battery charge.
    Doing the same here. gonna hold out to next year. My wife is up for a contract renewal in August, but I am just gonna pick her up a Iphone 3g. I don't think the 3gs is all that worth it. I really hope the Iphone doesn't jump ship. I have great service and AT&T has been great for me. Probably cause I live in New York we had 3g rather quickly when they rolled it out.
    We ain't found s-h-i-t!

  16. #7354
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by captjap View Post
    Doing the same here. gonna hold out to next year. My wife is up for a contract renewal in August, but I am just gonna pick her up a Iphone 3g. I don't think the 3gs is all that worth it. I really hope the Iphone doesn't jump ship. I have great service and AT&T has been great for me. Probably cause I live in New York we had 3g rather quickly when they rolled it out.
    I live in a 3G city, and have no problem with internet performance. My problem is that about 1/4 of the calls I recieve seem to go straight to voicemail without ever ringing on my phone. I'll recieve a voice mail alert several hours later. I am a business owner and directly responsible for all customer interaction and this is a real problem for me. The fact that AT&T charges so much for service and doesn't seem to put any money into their network is enough to make me want to drop them.

  17. #7355
    iPhone? More like MyPhone captjap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Betty Whites Pants!
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts

    Verizon pricing isn't much better. Tmobile and Sprint are really the only to companies with decent pricing, but both are horrible coverage wise
    Last edited by captjap; 06-15-2009 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Betty Whites Extreme Nipples
    We ain't found s-h-i-t!

  18. #7356
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by griff1211 View Post
    I like options #1 & #4. The one thing I don't want to do is lose my phone number since I've had it for just a year. AT&T would allow me to transfer back my old # even if I moved it to a pre-paid phone? I actually bought my phone in Sept for I won't qualify for the partial discounted price until 02/10.

    Sounds like a ton of work (as I've said before). So people will pay $300 + for a unlocked 3G? I can do that easily. Options are good. Thanks!
    If you are going to do this. First go to an at&t store, tell them what you want to do. Say you want to cancel your contract, eat the ETF fee, keep your Phone number and buy the new iphone with a new contact. They accualty might help you with this since they get commissions on every new customer the sign up. If they wont, do it on your own.

    If at&t wont help and you want to do the phone port to a Pre Paid phone, go to t mobile and the port will go fine (do NOT cancel at&t first) after the port and your pre paid is phone is ringing to your phone number, call up at&t and verify the cancellation. I would then pay the ETF ($175) before you go and buy the new iPhone.

    One other option is this. Go to at&t setup an additional line on your account. This will be $10 extra a month. Buy the new iPhone for the subsidized price on that line. Again tell them exactly what you want to do. They will try and help you. Make sure they don't charge you for data on both lines.

    Quote Originally Posted by captjap View Post
    Doing the same here. gonna hold out to next year. My wife is up for a contract renewal in August, but I am just gonna pick her up a Iphone 3g. I don't think the 3gs is all that worth it. I really hope the Iphone doesn't jump ship. I have great service and AT&T has been great for me. Probably cause I live in New York we had 3g rather quickly when they rolled it out.
    why would'nt you have her get the new 3GS you pay for it, its only $100 more than the 8gb 3G and give her your old 3g for free?
    Last edited by peteo; 06-15-2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to peteo For This Useful Post:

    griff1211 (06-15-2009)

  20. #7357
    iPhone? More like MyPhone captjap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Betty Whites Pants!
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts

    ^ I am gonna wait till next years model. It may only be an extra 100 but I gotta save where I can.
    We ain't found s-h-i-t!

  21. #7358
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    @peteo - Since my account will still be active with AT&T, I can just cancel the contract, pay ETF, and keep my phone #? I didn't think that would be possible. I paid my cancellation fee over several months last year when I got the iPhone 3G b/c I gave my BlackJack to my niece. Just adding another line is what I did before. But I kept my BlackJack, activated the 3G, and then cancelled my old account because it was a DE number and I now live in NC. I'll go into an AT&T store and be honest with them. Sounds like the best thing to do.

    But if they release another version next summer (which with their track record is almost a sure bet) then is getting the upgraded processor, RAM, and 3G speeds along with video worth it? Thanks again for all your help and opinions. Very interesting thing to think about because I already have the 32GB on hold at the Apple Store here......

  22. #7359
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    The iPhone 3GS isn't even out yet and there is already a link on the net for the IPSW (iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw)....what do yall make of this?

  23. #7360
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    508
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 155 Times in 54 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by griff1211 View Post
    But if they release another version next summer (which with their track record is almost a sure bet) then is getting the upgraded processor, RAM, and 3G speeds along with video worth it? Thanks again for all your help and opinions. Very interesting thing to think about because I already have the 32GB on hold at the Apple Store here......
    The hardware updates are really all I'm interested in. Video we'll get anway once its jailbroken, 90 percent of the time when I surf I'm on wifi, and the other things that interest me are part of the 3.0 software.

    That said, I still plan on getting the 'S' but going to wait till the jailbreak is out for it, cause the extra power and memory should be good for some of the apps that would cause the phone to act slugglish. Plus, its going to be able to run better graphics once things are specifically designed for it.

    With any luck the same exploit used on the 2nd gen touch will be able to get the new one jailbroken, but if that was fixed, it could take a little longer I think

    So, sticking with the 3G, till I know I can unpack and jailbreak the S in the same day. I've been using my 3G on 3.0 for a week, and a stock phone stinks once your used to it the other way, so don't want to have a new phone and be stuck stock

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoneLine For This Useful Post:

    griff1211 (06-15-2009)


Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts