Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Generalforums, a part of the
Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgradingsection;
06-15-2009, 07:50 AM #7341
We willHe who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
06-15-2009, 07:53 AM #7342
do you know somthing that the rest of use dont
06-15-2009, 08:00 AM #7343
Nothing that can't be read on Twitter or the Dev Team blog.He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
06-15-2009, 08:02 AM #7344
cool i cant wait thanks
06-15-2009, 08:07 AM #7345
We will see something on Friday! Hopefully our 3Gs when they arrive
06-15-2009, 08:46 AM #7346
The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:
06-15-2009, 08:58 AM #7347
I pre-ordered the 32 GB white 3GS. I just don't know if the upgrades are worth it from my 3G along with having to open a new account because I am not paying $700 for it. Suggestions? Should I get a friend to use my 3G and pay for it and swap SIM cards???? This sounds too complicated. Should just wait until I qualify for a full upgrade next year when an even better version comes out.
06-15-2009, 09:16 AM #7348
Personally, I'm skipping this generation and letting my contract expire. I'm almost certain that by next year, when the next iPhone comes out, It'll be available for other carriers. AT&T's inadequacies are becoming very apparent lately and I'm ready to jump ship. The next iPhone will have a front facing camera and will be video call enabled, as will most phones by the end of next year, and I can't count on AT&T to support it without charging a crapload of money for it. Besides that, in 2 more years, i have no doubts that the iPhone will be surpassed by another company's product and would like to have the option to try something else in a year's time.
I won't be buying another iPhone until they provide at least 10 hours of web browsing/gaming on a single battery charge.
Last edited by Araya213; 06-15-2009 at 09:24 AM.
06-15-2009, 09:21 AM #7349
I am dying with this stupid ATT Tilt I have as a loaner until my 3GS gets here.
06-15-2009, 09:22 AM #7350
I just got into the mac world and i must say I love it
06-15-2009, 09:29 AM #7351
1) Cancel your account early take the $175 hit and then resign up to at&t to get the 199 or 299 price. You would lose your phone number unless you buy a cheap prepaid phone from another provider (like t mobile) and transferred your number to it (this would cancel your at&t account) and then re sign up for the new iPhone
2) If your friend is not on AT&T, Have your friend buy the New iPhone at the cheaper price and you pay for it (give them an Apple store gift card for the full price +tax so they do not need to use your Credit Card to buy the phone) and give him your old 3G for free (swapping Sim cards is VERY easy)
3) Buy the phone for $700, Unlock your 3g and sell it for $200-$300
4) Stick with 3G and wait until next June for the new model.
06-15-2009, 09:36 AM #7352I should probably wait.....
Sounds like a ton of work (as I've said before). So people will pay $300 + for a unlocked 3G? I can do that easily. Options are good. Thanks!
06-15-2009, 09:39 AM #7353
We ain't found s-h-i-t!
06-15-2009, 09:45 AM #7354
06-15-2009, 09:48 AM #7355
Verizon pricing isn't much better. Tmobile and Sprint are really the only to companies with decent pricing, but both are horrible coverage wise
Last edited by captjap; 06-15-2009 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Betty Whites Extreme NipplesWe ain't found s-h-i-t!
06-15-2009, 09:55 AM #7356
If at&t wont help and you want to do the phone port to a Pre Paid phone, go to t mobile and the port will go fine (do NOT cancel at&t first) after the port and your pre paid is phone is ringing to your phone number, call up at&t and verify the cancellation. I would then pay the ETF ($175) before you go and buy the new iPhone.
One other option is this. Go to at&t setup an additional line on your account. This will be $10 extra a month. Buy the new iPhone for the subsidized price on that line. Again tell them exactly what you want to do. They will try and help you. Make sure they don't charge you for data on both lines.
Last edited by peteo; 06-15-2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
06-15-2009, 10:00 AM #7357
^ I am gonna wait till next years model. It may only be an extra 100 but I gotta save where I can.We ain't found s-h-i-t!
06-15-2009, 10:27 AM #7358
@peteo - Since my account will still be active with AT&T, I can just cancel the contract, pay ETF, and keep my phone #? I didn't think that would be possible. I paid my cancellation fee over several months last year when I got the iPhone 3G b/c I gave my BlackJack to my niece. Just adding another line is what I did before. But I kept my BlackJack, activated the 3G, and then cancelled my old account because it was a DE number and I now live in NC. I'll go into an AT&T store and be honest with them. Sounds like the best thing to do.
But if they release another version next summer (which with their track record is almost a sure bet) then is getting the upgraded processor, RAM, and 3G speeds along with video worth it? Thanks again for all your help and opinions. Very interesting thing to think about because I already have the 32GB on hold at the Apple Store here......
06-15-2009, 10:37 AM #7359
The iPhone 3GS isn't even out yet and there is already a link on the net for the IPSW (iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw)....what do yall make of this?
06-15-2009, 10:56 AM #7360
That said, I still plan on getting the 'S' but going to wait till the jailbreak is out for it, cause the extra power and memory should be good for some of the apps that would cause the phone to act slugglish. Plus, its going to be able to run better graphics once things are specifically designed for it.
With any luck the same exploit used on the 2nd gen touch will be able to get the new one jailbroken, but if that was fixed, it could take a little longer I think
So, sticking with the 3G, till I know I can unpack and jailbreak the S in the same day. I've been using my 3G on 3.0 for a week, and a stock phone stinks once your used to it the other way, so don't want to have a new phone and be stuck stock
The Following User Says Thank You to PhoneLine For This Useful Post: