Page 327 of 464 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317325326327328329 337 377 427 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,540 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Default 02 mms
    hi

I just called o2 iphone department who said to me that the MMS feature will not work on the iphone until 17th june and the technical assistant claimed that no one could possibly have the MMS working on their Iphones as it is not yet available for o2 uk customers so if anyone has got it working I would love to know how you did it and what IPCC file you used as according to o2 its impossible and wont work till 17th june.

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes you can download and install the latest firmware : you don't need to have a developper acount.
    Many people, I've heard, have done this way, and it works !

i'm assuming i can't upgrade my IPCC using itunes because i'm on the newest itunes version? I am trying to get MMS enabled and itunes won't even see the .ipcc file. Instead it looks only fir IPSW files using the check for updates+Shift.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

I have dev accounts pm me for details

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default O2 mms
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds_lad View Post
    Yeah, when i was on beta 5 my photo icon dissapeared but im now in GM version and its all good
    Been away for a little while so didn't know there was a new release of ver 3.0 so will upgrade tonight and see what happens with MMS.

i upgraded & itunes successfully unlocked me
    confirmed that no dev account needed

no need for dev
    just upgrade through itunes 8.2 over my already JB 2.2.1
    waiting for JB QUickpwn....
    O2 mms works after texting ACTIVE to 101010

Right guys on O2, Listen, and all will be revealed.

I have had MMS working since Beta 1 without any hassle and now have it on 3.0 GM without the need of an ipcc on O2.

What you need to do if you want it now (before the 17th) is phone o2 and migrate your tarrif from an o2 45 with iPhone (example) to just an o2 45 (you will lose your free wifi and visual voicemail) if they question why you are doing this tell them you no longer use the sim in an iPhone and have put it in a different one. (I said Nokia 5800 at the time)
    Once that is done your tariff will change at midnight and MMS will be enabled.
    You will now need to change some settings on your iPhone now as Internet and MMS will not work out of the box.
    With the new 3.0 GM release o2 have updated their GPRS settings to iPhone specific ones (iData), these won't work on a non-iPhone tarrif.
    Go to settings, general, network, cellular data network, and change all the APNs to wap.o2.co.uk and all the usernames to o2wap, MMS and Internet will now work 100%
    You can change back to the iPhone tarrif and reset these settings on the 17th.
    Or you could just wait 8 days and it'll work anyway. I was going to change back to iPhone tarriff today until o2 told me iPhone MMS will stay switched off until the 17th.

Enjoy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to smeeshum For This Useful Post:

LeighDreyer (06-09-2009)

If I upgrade to 3.0GM on my 3g, am I still able to unlock the phone for other carriers, or is the unlock done?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post
    Right guys on O2, Listen, and all will be revealed.

I have had MMS working since Beta 1 without any hassle and now have it on 3.0 GM without the need of an ipcc on O2.

What you need to do if you want it now (before the 17th) is phone o2 and migrate your tarrif from an o2 45 with iPhone (example) to just an o2 45 (you will lose your free wifi and visual voicemail) if they question why you are doing this tell them you no longer use the sim in an iPhone and have put it in a different one. (I said Nokia 5800 at the time)
    Once that is done your tariff will change at midnight and MMS will be enabled.
    You will now need to change some settings on your iPhone now as Internet and MMS will not work out of the box.
    With the new 3.0 GM release o2 have updated their GPRS settings to iPhone specific ones (iData), these won't work on a non-iPhone tarrif.
    Go to settings, general, network, cellular data network, and change all the APNs to wap.o2.co.uk and all the usernames to o2wap, MMS and Internet will now work 100%
    You can change back to the iPhone tarrif and reset these settings on the 17th.
    Or you could just wait 8 days and it'll work anyway. I was going to change back to iPhone tarriff today until o2 told me iPhone MMS will stay switched off until the 17th.

Enjoy
    Didnt need to do any of that, upgraded to the GM and it was working 1st time

Quote Originally Posted by SCMedic View Post
    If I upgrade to 3.0GM on my 3g, am I still able to unlock the phone for other carriers, or is the unlock done?
    How is your phone unlocked?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by merkaba View Post
    i'm assuming i can't upgrade my IPCC using itunes because i'm on the newest itunes version? I am trying to get MMS enabled and itunes won't even see the .ipcc file. Instead it looks only fir IPSW files using the check for updates+Shift.
    Does anyone have any info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    How is your phone unlocked?
    It's not currently, but I want to either be able to go back to 2.2.1 and then unlock or if I can, unlock 3.0..

Any help would be great.

i m able to jailbreak using quickpwn for beta 5 & giving 7a312g ipsw

The advice is not to upgrade from BB 2.28
    I believe they will be able to unlock the BB that comes with FW3.0 but if not the fallback is to get BB 2.28 working with FW3.0 If they have to do this then it is possible that they might unlock BB2.30.03 at some time in the future. Also any piggyback SIMs are more likely to work with 2.30.03 than 4.20.x

I would advise waiting until The Dev Team tell you it's safe to upgrade.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by leeds_lad View Post
    Didnt need to do any of that, upgraded to the GM and it was working 1st time
    Yeah but can you receive them? Also you on an iPhone tarrif?

Default o2
    Nice Informative Post smeeshum thanks for that.

As for the cahp whos say you dont need to do any of that maybe your circumstanmces are different your not on an iphone tariff more than likely hence why your MMs is working as like smeeshum said if your on an iphone tarriff your MMs wont work unless you change off an iphone tariff or wait till june 17th.

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeeshee View Post
    i m able to jailbreak using quickpwn for beta 5 & giving 7a312g ipsw
    This is a horrible idea. People please do not do this! It is placing the beta 5 kernel into the GM release. This could cause some major issues. I am sure you are going to claim that everything is working fine but I assure you it is not working fine behind the scenes.

If anyone comes on the board claiming to do this set them straight so others don't try it and get screwed.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

imlboy (06-09-2009), Mattshall (06-09-2009), xxfr0stbytexx (06-09-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

i see your back up and at it stealth do you ever sleep you are the best and thanks again for all your help

Default Jailbreak 3.0 Gm
    Stealth any ETA on the Jailbreak for 3.0GM

Page 327 of 464 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317325326327328329 337 377 427 ... LastLast