+ Reply
Page 265 of 464 FirstFirst ... 165 215 255263264265266267 275 315 365 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
@bootlegskate keep fiddling with it. It is possible without AT&T I assure you I just can't tell you the actual steps I took.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

@bootlegskate keep fiddling with it. It is possible without AT&T I assure you I just can't tell you the actual steps I took.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mattshall For This Useful Post:

bootlegskate (05-30-2009), davez (05-31-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post
    I'm not trying quickpwn for 3.0 on mac! I know that doesn't exist.
    I downgraded to 2.2.1 and think that iTunes 8.2 might block QuickPWN on 10.5.7? It doesn't recognise the phone at all and won't let me click a device either but iTunes recognizes it fine?!? Can anyone confirm this?
    On my MacBook, I have iTunes 8.2 installed. I tried to jailbreak my friends iTouch which was running 2.2.1 using QuickPwn and it would recognize the iTouch at all. I switched over to Windows 7 which also has iTunes 8.2 installed and the version of QuickPwn for 2.2.1 worked and successfully jailbroke my friends iTouch. So, QuickPwn for 2.2.1 would not work on Mac OS X running iTunes 8.2, but would work on Windows 7 running iTunes 8.2.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lightmaster For This Useful Post:

davez (05-31-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone smeeshum's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad it's not just me then with iTunes 8.2 blocking QuickPWN on Mac. Any way we can get the news out? Then we gotta try n find a fix! Thisll all be because apple got annoyed with people jailbreaking so they can use beta without a dev account. If I find a fix I'll post it here guys

Night all

sM3e

6. The Following User Says Thank You to smeeshum For This Useful Post:

davez (05-31-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

So I gotta ask... why do you guys care about MMS? I just don't understand the appeal. It seems like a major pain in the ***, and I can do the same thing with email, so why bother?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Because people without email phones cannot send or receive them to/from us. Some peoples wives are not so technologically inclined.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

LOL@jarednl4 thats good!

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmmm because we should be able to.

Chronic Dev Team
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post
    Glad it's not just me then with iTunes 8.2 blocking QuickPWN on Mac. Any way we can get the news out? Then we gotta try n find a fix! Thisll all be because apple got annoyed with people jailbreaking so they can use beta without a dev account. If I find a fix I'll post it here guys

Night all

sM3e
    There's 2 problems. First off, itunes 8.2 (at least on windows) installs new iphone drivers and it interferes with quickpwn. On the windows install they got past this by using an old version of MobileDevice library (the driver still responded to the old api, but it was changed in the new one). But the biggest issue is that quickpwn for mac doesn't have the latest patches for 3.0. I know lilstevie was working on getting the patches working. Last I heard he had them all finished except for the WTF patch (the most critical). I did look into it to see if I could help him, but it appears to be in the same boat as the windows quickpwn is regarding this vm_map patch. The WTF patching routine needs to be changed to search for a new sequence of bytes to patch (it currently doesn't accept this outside patch because it needs to be patched later then the others). unfortunately I'm still working hard on integrating this vm_map patch into windows quickpwn I haven't had much time to look into the WTF patch, although I did tell lilstevie i'd check into it whenever I had a chance.
    Last edited by posixninja; 05-30-2009 at 07:54 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

If anyone gets the patched kernel, PLEASE send it over to me in a PM. I don't wanna have to rejailbreak my iPhone if the JB comes out before beta 6.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bootlegskate View Post
    thanks guys, just called again and got the same response, WE CANT DO IT! like i said i should have acted sooner when the first beta was released. i attempted stealths method 1 by swapping out the sims and once i tried to access medianet on the non-iphone phone it would never connect. i guess ill stop crying now haha

ps. @3rdeye that let me google that for you is pretty funny.

AT&T can, I worked for AT&T for 2 year unfortunately. All they have to do is go into a system called Snooper, put in your phone number and then go into the data section of your network profile. There will be a series of boxes for SMS section and for and a part for MMS, they just have to make sure it is checked so you can do it and that is all. They just say they can't because 2.2.1 and lower can't legitimately do MMS. If you live in the S.E. area of the U.S., you are most likely calling Welland ON which is at 300 Lincoln st in Welland, ON to a call centre called Convergys because they handle that area of the U.S. for AT&T Mobility.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zehlek For This Useful Post:

bootlegskate (05-30-2009)

Chronic Dev Team
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BeSweeet View Post
    If anyone gets the patched kernel, PLEASE send it over to me in a PM. I don't wanna have to rejailbreak my iPhone if the JB comes out before beta 6.
    lol

Thanks

@ besweet. Ummmm your going to have to rejailbreak when beta 6 comes out anyway. Use your noodle.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    AT&T can, I worked for AT&T for 2 year unfortunately. All they have to do is go into a system called Snooper, put in your phone number and then go into the data section of your network profile. There will be a series of boxes for SMS section and for and a part for MMS, they just have to make sure it is checked so you can do it and that is all. They just say they can't because 2.2.1 and lower can't legitimately do MMS. If you live in the S.E. area of the U.S., you are most likely calling Welland ON which is at 300 Lincoln st in Welland, ON to a call centre called Convergys because they handle that area of the U.S. for AT&T Mobility.
    i told them i was a developer with beta 3 firmware, all they said they could do is direct me to the apple developer site even tho they cant help. they were told not to allow mms on iphones. anyway to get passed that? i live in southern california, do you know who handles my area?
    thanks for the info man.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bootlegskate For This Useful Post:

dcreek (05-31-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bootlegskate View Post
    i told them i was a developer with beta 3 firmware, all they said they could do is direct me to the apple developer site even tho they cant help. they were told not to allow mms on iphones. anyway to get passed that? i live in southern california, do you know who handles my area?
    thanks for the info man.
    Apple can't do anything it is an AT&T issue. It is probably the Jacksonville call centre but not sure. They are just afraid of scoring a low score on their quality monitor which is why they won't do it but I never cared. It depends on who you get

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is there a mac version of quickpwn 3 for beta 5?

thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toto2007 View Post
    is there a mac version of quickpwn 3 for beta 5?

thanks.
    No there is not

22. The Following User Says Thank You to iMadman For This Useful Post:

bootlegskate (05-31-2009)

Thanks

its very quiet here today

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Thanks

shhhhh...your going to wake them....
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Thanks

oh well if im awake every one else should be lol

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Thanks

im really looking forward to having winterboard
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy