+ Reply
Page 258 of 464 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248256257258259260 268 308 358 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
When is this damn beta coming!!?!?
    Green Apple
    Thanks

When is this damn beta coming!!?!?

Chronic Dev Team
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    xpwnage would be awesome! I would definitely be interested in that. I was thinking you could either install the patch via a deb package from cydia or maybe replace the kernel with a prepatched one from a deb package. I don't know if that would even work for the patch. Just thought it would be an interesting idea.
    I've considered that idea too, but you can't distribute the binary kernel because it's owned my apple, the patch maybe, but it'd be a hassle because i'd have to include pwntool and the key/iv, it's really not any easier then the other options. but I am saving that as a very last resort

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by posixninja View Post
    I've considered that idea too, but you can't distribute the binary kernel because it's owned my apple, the patch maybe, but it'd be a hassle because i'd have to include pwntool and the key/iv, it's really not any easier then the other options. but I am saving that as a very last resort
    Yea your right, got to keep it legal. Seems like the easiest would be to use the quickpwn mac version and redo all the patches for 3.0 and just update the iv/keys. The easiest is still hard as hell! LMAO Remember, I have snow installed if you need some help Good luck bro

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am about ready to give up on beta 6 all together. If it doesn't come out tomorrow I don't think it will happen ever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SBik2's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattshall View Post
    I am about ready to give up on beta 6 all together. If it doesn't come out tomorrow I don't think it will happen ever.
    im giving up after this coming tuesday.
    but if not then, i bet there will have to be one last beta at wwdc to hold over until the release of the new iPhone.

Chronic Dev Team
    Thanks

Yea your right, got to keep it legal. Seems like the easiest would be to use the quickpwn mac version and redo all the patches for 3.0 and just update the iv/keys. The easiest is still hard as hell! LMAO Remember, I have snow installed if you need some help Good luck bro
    naw, that would be the hardest. the easiest would be to recompile libpwnmetheus.dll to include the new patches, but it appears some pieces are missing or kept private by dev team. the other options include patching quickpwn to patch the kernel, or modify the ramdisk to patch the kernel during the actual jailbreak process.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

SO How did you guys get the patched kernel in the phone now?
    would releasing the tools needed be easier? or it it bad for the user if a mistake is made?

PS StealthBravo check your PM in box I have something for ya
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mr.sparky For This Useful Post:

StealthBravo (05-28-2009)

Thanks

naw, that would be the hardest. the easiest would be to recompile libpwnmetheus.dll to include the new patches, but it appears some pieces are missing or kept private by dev team. the other options include patching quickpwn to patch the kernel, or modify the ramdisk to patch the kernel during the actual jailbreak process.
    It sounded easy to me because I was waiting for you to do it

You are right it looks like some stuff is missing. The way the windows quickpwn works is real crappy compared to the mac version. I guess modifying the ramdisk could be fun. I still think you should release a deb called posixwnagetool

Chronic Dev Team
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr.sparky View Post
    SO How did you guys get the patched kernel in the phone now?
    would releasing the tools needed be easier? or it it bad for the user if a mistake is made?

PS StealthBravo check your PM in box I have something for ya
    manually, the hard way if you don't know what you're doing, but easier for me while i'm testing. I just gave them a prepatched kernal they just have to copy over, but like i said that's illegal so it's not practical for real use.the only other way would be to show you how to download the kernel off your iphone, decrypt it, patch it, re-encrypt it and reupload it, and there's no way I'm playing tech support helping everyone who screws something up

It sounded easy to me because I was waiting for you to do it

You are right it looks like some stuff is missing. The way the windows quickpwn works is real crappy compared to the mac version. I guess modifying the ramdisk could be fun. I still think you should release a deb called posixwnagetool
    yea, i'm gonna find some way to put you to work!! but yea, modifying the ramdisk does sound the only half way fun idea, but it's really not any easier for me then the repo patch idea, it'd just be easier for everyone else =P that's my second to last option if all else fails =P

and how about I just copy erica and call it "posix tools", that would really confuse the crap out of everyone!!
    Last edited by posixninja; 05-28-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

I jailbroke two phone last night for some friends of mine from work....I was going to use pwnagetool, but they didn't want to or didn't understand that they would have to sync everything back to there phone after I finished with them. So I tried to use quickpwn on the mac...but it would not read either phone, so I had to go down the hall and use the windows version....

Thanks

Originally Posted by posixninja

yea, i'm gonna find some way to put you to work!! but yea, modifying the ramdisk does sound the only half way fun idea, but it's really not any easier for me then the repo patch idea, it'd just be easier for everyone else =P that's my second to last option if all else fails =P
    I say just keep it hard. Make everyone run xpwn and command line only

Or what would be real fun is not to provide a patch but tell them the changes to make in a hex editor.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

britrock (05-28-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ok...I've had it... I've wasted WAAAAY too much time on this tread just hitting refresh and trying to catch up to the posts in between...

STEVE JOBS...the gig is up!!! we know you're one of the low posters on this thread...just laughing it up...hooked up to your IV of whatever extra-terestrial cure you're hooked up to!
    (Or maybe I'm Steve Jobs!...a double agent)...(I was just watching Get Smart)... Or maybe I'm a tripple agent...or maybe I've just gone mad with the three weeks of waiting for my SlingBox to work over OS 3 over 3G....

AHHHHHHHHHH

RELEASE B6 WITH PATCH ALREADY!!!!! QUIT LAUGHING IT UP IN YOUR BUNKER!!!

Thanks

I say just keep it hard. Make everyone run xpwn and command line only

Or what would be real fun is not to provide a patch but tell them the changes to make in a hex editor.
    ^^^That's find by me. Bring it on....

Thanks

how about I just copy erica and call it "posix tools", that would really confuse the crap out of everyone!!
    That has my vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    ^^^That's find by me. Bring it on....
    Well you are an old school playa anyways. I am sure you would enjoy it over all this gui kiddie crap.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 05-28-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

the only other way would be to show you how to download the kernel off your iphone, decrypt it, patch it, re-encrypt it and reupload it, and there's no way I'm playing tech support helping everyone who screws something up
    Could you write and app that did that. A stand alone program,that just did that?Or is that tooooo much work?
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Thanks

That has my vote!

Well you are an old school playa anyways. I am sure you would enjoy it over all this gui kiddie crap.
    ^^^You know it!....but the gui sure makes it look niceerrrr.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr.sparky View Post
    Could you write and app that did that. A stand alone program,that just did that?Or is that tooooo much work?
    posix, I am sure you could have this done in a few minutes if you just coughed on the keyboard.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I for one would prefer a command line tool. ******* kids with your guis.....

Thanks

Haha. well xpwn is ready for your enjoyment

Thanks

Haha. well xpwn is ready for your enjoyment
    He wrote it that fast?
    Steroids are yummy