+ Reply
Page 23 of 464 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Originally Posted by rkisling Good news -- Am running 3.0 and jailbroken; most apps discussed above are working fine; have moved apps and all seems well... except today, app store
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkisling View Post
    Good news -- Am running 3.0 and jailbroken; most apps discussed above are working fine; have moved apps and all seems well... except today, app store will not load... it starts to load and immediately closes; everything else is working... anyone have an idea... short of starting all over again?

thanks
    Did you move the files with bosstool?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

moved fonts and ringtones only...though i subsequently moved apps but was not working before i moved apps

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

144 free
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

A little elbow room!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    i will post the commands to move your fonts over to the media partition. that will gain you 87 mb right there.

mkdir /private/var/stash/Fonts
    cp -Rv /System/Library/Fonts/* /private/var/stash/Fonts/
    mv /System/Library/Fonts /System/Library/Fontsold
    ln -s /private/var/stash/Fonts /System/Library/Fonts

if everything works fine after this then:

delete the fontsold dir

good luck
    ok i did all, but i don't see "fontsold dir" only font and fontsold... wich one i erase?

Thanks

"fontsold"

dir stands for directory.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    k the reason i decided to update to 3.0 is because i wanted mms and im with fido and ive been trying beverything to get the little camera icon in the sms field ive tried ipcc thingy and its still doesnt work i dnt kno wat to do and i really want that feature

Thanks

are you saying that the camera icon isn't even there?

Thanks

"fontsold"

dir stands for directory.
    Thank You!

iPhone? More like MyPhone captjap's Avatar
    Thanks

Stler,

Please use the attached .ipcc file and follow my directions that I previously posted. Also are you on ATT? If so you might have some issues even after following the steps I provided. Mine actually stopped working for the majority of today, but now it is working. Go figure. I will post tomorrow if it is still working or not.

Also when doing the .ipcc update make sure you hold SHIFT then update. Make sure you set the file type to IPCC when browsing for the .ipcc file.

Good luck to you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Me too, i'm replacing all the icon.png's at the moment.

Can you share some of your findings? I mean, I'm not able to replace the dock and wallpaper background (only the lockscreen) and some icons are not changed, like preferences, camera and weather.

Also do you have a faster way to respring in fw 3.0b2? to check the new icons I now restart the device...

man i miss winterboard! I am going through and replacing a complet .artwork theme for phone
    p.s. thank you for this thread.. I already flashed back to 2.2.1 because of the problems... but with the help of this thread I reflashed to 3.0..

iPhone? More like MyPhone dmoses1969's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm beginning to think that At&t is trying their hardest to stop us all from using the MMS feature until 3.0 is release. The last 2 days mine has stopped working numerous times and the only way to get it started again was to put my sim in my old tilt and play with it for awhile until it started working.

Some have said that they do a network sweep and if you are on an iPhone that it will disable MMS automatically. They must be sweeping 4 or 5 times a day now. I have had my MMS working with Swirly for 3-4 months with no problems and havent had any issues after upgrading to 3.0 until recent.

I was trying to help a co-worker get his MMS working yesterday and as a last resort he called At&t and after 3 attempts he got someone that was willing to help. The guy said that he enabled MMS on his account and asked him to reset his phone. Still couldnt get it to work. After trying a couple of other things with no success the tech told him that At&t has asked Apple to disable the MMS until their system can handle it. He said they are not ready for the iPhone MMS to be added and he doubted that it would be ready in a couple of months, they have a lot of upgrading in their system to do.

Quote Originally Posted by paxpacis View Post
    Me too, i'm replacing all the icon.png's at the moment.

Can you share some of your findings? I mean, I'm not able to replace the dock and wallpaper background (only the lockscreen) and some icons are not changed, like preferences, camera and weather.

Also do you have a faster way to respring in fw 3.0b2? to check the new icons I now restart the device...

p.s. thank you for this thread.. I already flashed back to 2.2.1 because of the problems... but with the help of this thread I reflashed to 3.0..
    Download respring app from ICY. I installed it and it worked for me
    Last edited by dmoses1969; 04-04-2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    uhmm im not with att im with fido in canada

and no the little camera icon isnt there
    Last edited by stler; 04-04-2009 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmoses
    Thanks.. one question, in what repo can I find it? I only installed ripdev and saurik..

Thanks

anyone that is changing the icons manually can tell me wich icons works with out fixing it because so far when i change it it show the top right side like cut not complete...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmoses1969 View Post
    I'm beginning to think that At&t is trying their hardest to stop us all from using the MMS feature until 3.0 is release. The last 2 days mine has stopped working numerous times and the only way to get it started again was to put my sim in my old tilt and play with it for awhile until it started working.

Some have said that they do a network sweep and if you are on an iPhone that it will disable MMS automatically. They must be sweeping 4 or 5 times a day now. I have had my MMS working with Swirly for 3-4 months with no problems and havent had any issues after upgrading to 3.0 until recent.

I was trying to help a co-worker get his MMS working yesterday and as a last resort he called At&t and after 3 attempts he got someone that was willing to help. The guy said that he enabled MMS on his account and asked him to reset his phone. Still couldnt get it to work. After trying a couple of other things with no success the tech told him that At&t has asked Apple to disable the MMS until their system can handle it. He said they are not ready for the iPhone MMS to be added and he doubted that it would be ready in a couple of months, they have a lot of upgrading in their system to do.

I am currently chatting with a AT&T rep. He is giving me 9 kinds of bs. I will post the chat when done. I am going to keep this do chatting for as long as i can.

iPhone? More like MyPhone captjap's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Fido
    Quote Originally Posted by stler View Post
    uhmm im not with att im with fido in canada

and no the little camera icon isnt there
    I might be able to help if you can find out the MMS setting for FIDO. I will edit the IPCC file if I can. No guarantees it will work though

Thanks

facebook works
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Thanks

OK! i change all my icons!the icons on "iNav MOD" by LocoPapi works perfect! and there's icons for everything... now i just want to change my KeyBoard if somebody can point me to the right dirrection to find it, i'll apriciate a lot!
    Last edited by monchy36; 04-04-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks

anyone get irealquicksms to work?
    Steroids are yummy