Page 224 of 464 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214222223224225226 234 274 324 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

So... 72 hours almost past! What's going to give a jump to this thread Stealth? I'll be around wathing!

Quote Originally Posted by dragon974 View Post
    No you don't need to run any specific version of Itunes, I'm still using the first beta.

You should just have to replace the original and chmod 755 on the new file. I restarted my phone afterwards although I'm not sure if it's needed.
    Yea I restarted my iPhone like I normally do. And yes, I changed the permissions to 755 like I normally do. I did upgrade to Beta 5 though, rather than a clean install. I didn't think that would have affected it though... Either way, Beta 6 is coming out soon, so I'll do a fresh install when that happens

Quote Originally Posted by monchy36 View Post
    So... 72 hours almost past! What's going to give a jump to this thread Stealth? I'll be around wathing!
    Yes.. I was about posting the same message But I think there is no need to be happy, because a beta has never been released on a monday before.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Well a beta had not been released at 10 PM on a Wednesday either till last time.

But don't get your hopes up

^ Stealth: I`m not planning to start the war again about ''begging for the patch'', just a question: Before you said that the guys who worked on the patch weren`t waiting for the final release but for beta 6. So if beta 6 comes out does that really mean we can get a hold on the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdeye View Post
    ^ Stealth: I`m not planning to start the war again about ''begging for the patch'', just a question: Before you said that the guys who worked on the patch weren`t waiting for the final release but for beta 6. So if beta 6 comes out does that really mean we can get a hold on the patch?

A) I am the "guy" (singular, not plural) who made the patch.
    B) There's a lot of complex things going on that are above both you and me. When you're changing the single most important piece of software in an operating system there's no way to tell the final outcome. Lots of weird bugs can pop up that you had never anticipated, so everything has to be tested throughly. Then MobileSubstrate developers, who also before this time didn't have the patch need to test their programs to make sure it's work right (if not then the next flame war would begin). Then you have to deal with the government issues. It's no secret dev team owns a monopoly on iphone hacking. You gotta check and get the all clear from them before proceeding or face the consequences (name defamed, lose all creditability).
    C) Right now everything appears to be moving along smoothly. Everything will probably be ready by the time B6 drops

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to posixninja For This Useful Post:

3rdeye (05-25-2009), mr.sparky (05-25-2009)

Thanks

Truth is I am not sure. A lot of stuff went down after the last thread war and some people dropped out of the jailbreaking scene. There are two patches out there, one created by the great posixninja and one created by pb. I need to talk to them to find out where we are on it. I would like to include it in the beta 6 jailbreak.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 05-25-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Truth is I am not sure. A lot of stuff went down after the last thread war and some people dropped out of the jailbreaking scene. There are two patches out there, one created by the great posixninja and one created by pb. I need to talk to them to find out where we are on it. I would like to include it in the beta 6 jailbreak.
    planetbeing >= posixninja

10. The Following User Says Thank You to posixninja For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (05-25-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by posixninja View Post
    planetbeing >= posixninja
    posixninja > 99.9% off the iphone community

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (05-25-2009), posixninja (05-25-2009)

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the info. & all the hard work.

OK thanks both for the comments and for explaining it so briefly. Now I can imagine how the whole process is working before this patch gets released.

Can someoe give the cliffs on what this patch is? And why it is important to the jailbreaking community?

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

the patch is for the kernel,so the apps and the MS hooks will work...no patch=no MS apps like winterboard...(I think,sounds good)
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

(Sorry if I made anybody mad with my inaugural post, I just wanted some info).

Well, then, that all seems pretty fair. I'm glad to see everything working "right", and will await Beta 6 with bated breath and my UUID in hand. Hopefully Beta 6 won't require (as Beta 5 didn't do) us to use the latest/greatest iTunes 8.2 Beta so they can block us from screwing with IPCC's.

Thanks

^ Even if it does no worries, you can always ssh the carrier bundle in

Thanks

thanks stealth. I didn't know you ssh it in.

Thanks

If you have trouble with itunes updating your ipcc, you can ssh the carrier settings into the phone.

Download the AT&T Bundle files here and unzip.

Navigate to /private/var/mobile/library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

Replace files in Carrier Bundle.bundle with the ones downloaded in the ATT_US Folder.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 05-25-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (05-25-2009), xxfr0stbytexx (05-25-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bless One View Post
    Can someoe give the cliffs on what this patch is? And why it is important to the jailbreaking community?
    Winterboard isn't really an app in the traditional sense. It works its magic by going INSIDE Springboard and changing a few functions to trick it into doing what it wants (display a background, change some fonts). Unfortunally, the MacOSX kernel has a a few built in protections to keep rogue programs from purposely altering other applications virtual memory (vm). The purpose of this patch is to allow a MobileSubstrate application (like Winterboard) to be able to write whatever it wants a function to do over a section virtual memory that has been mapped as executable (mac will not allow a section of virtual memory to be mapped at both writable and executable for this very reason). So we fix that =)
    Last edited by posixninja; 05-25-2009 at 02:22 PM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to posixninja For This Useful Post:

kraklist (05-25-2009), monchy36 (05-25-2009), xxfr0stbytexx (05-25-2009)

Thanks

your the man. Someone thank stealth for me. I can't I'm posting from the iPhone

Will findmyi work with the new patched kernel. Or does the app need to need to be re written for 3.0
    Last edited by mr.sparky; 05-25-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Funny thing is, the only program I need to work right now is Notifier which relys on MS.
    Apple should have something more to customize notifications. You get 3 total notifications of an SMS and only 1 of an email. You'd think there would be a little more configuration than that.

Smitty

Page 224 of 464 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214222223224225226 234 274 324 ... LastLast