+ Reply
Page 211 of 464 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201209210211212213 221 261 311 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
@bdwayneh yeah I would think the same thing @lightmaster I think it must be something to do with either their servers or hosting. Just my guess.
    Thanks

@bdwayneh yeah I would think the same thing

@lightmaster I think it must be something to do with either their servers or hosting. Just my guess.

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

Since no beta 6 or patch right now.

Maybe Stealth, Saurik, and Dev-Team can fix MMI !!!!!

It's CRAZY SLOWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!
    Follow me on Twitter ... http://www.twitter.com/iTooCrzy

Smack That Thanks Button .........

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

@24trepid It took me over 30 minutes just to load page 281 of this thread. I'm a persistent and stubborn bastard, so I never gave up and finally got this page to load. Now its going to take another 30 minutes to submit this "Quick" Reply.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Thanks

I've talked with Stealth and according to him, it's been decided that the patch/jailbreak will be released when beta 6 is released. The two most likely days for beta 6 to be released are Wednesday night (2 week mark from when beta 5 was released) or next Tuesday night (the day that Apple's test push notification app expires). No, this is not what Stealth wanted, but it is out of his hands.

A little bit of good news: Stealth actually got some sleep tonight. He went to sleep around 4am and hopefully he'll sleep in and get a good amount of sleep.
    Last edited by lightmaster; 05-20-2009 at 04:05 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Cant fault that reasoning, thought all along that the Beta 6 would be today or as you say next week after the push test.

Disappointed that the devs want Stealth to delay the 'patch' but it sounds as if there is far more to it than just a patch to allow Winterboard etc to run.

I suspect the 'patch' is a full blown app that does far more than we expect so the devs don't want to rock the boat before they see what Apple has in store..

Patience is a virtue they say

Sleep tight Stealth - think its well earned
    Last edited by Hitone; 05-20-2009 at 04:09 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hmmm stealh updated twitter one hour ago with interesting message, does this mean that he going release the patch anyway?

Thanks

^ I've been trying to post that message from Stealth for over an hour now, but MMi refused to load any pages for me. As far as I know, he has no intentions of going against the dev team and releasing it early. Unfortunately, we're all waiting on Apple now.

Also, I'm going to sleep myself now. See ya'll in a few hours.
    Last edited by lightmaster; 05-20-2009 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

Well we come across yet another...BORING iPhone day. What a DRAG! Looks like I'll see ya when the Beta 6 comes out NEXT week... Good Job Stealth for getting the job completed. Too BAD we can't play with it. I understand though.
    Last edited by iPhoneMuscle; 05-20-2009 at 07:17 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

His update had the tone of frustration which I completely understand. Here it is:

I'm tired of everybody's b.s. rules! Just give the people what they want. I'm out :X - about four hours ago
    Last edited by griff1211; 05-20-2009 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Found person on Twitter

Green Apple
    Thanks

give stealth a break guys, let the guy live sheesh. I'm just as excited about the patch but definately appreciate why its not out yet. when its ready for the public it will be distributed

Thanks

Stealth,

we do truly apreciate all your work and advocacy on our behalf...but if it's going to jeopardize your position with the Dev Team, we'd rather have an "mole" on the inside for the long term.

Thanks again Stealth!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I just wanted to let you guys know that I tried PdaNet with iPhone OS 3.0 beta 5 and it works.

Why? Because, being a paid/registered user, I needed a use for it and I needed to use it as an external USB WiFi adapter for a PC. The built-in tethering will share cellular data with the PC even when indicating WiFi, so that wasn't going to cut it.

That said, performance was TERRIBLE. I recall it being much faster than 3G on my old netbook but this actually seemed slower than 3G.

Now, someone asked about haptic feedback and I'd like to know where that conversation went. The audible keyboard clicks are much too delayed to be useful over A2DP, so I *really* need some kind of haptic feedback.

Speaking of audio delays over A2DP, anyone know specifically how delayed it is so I can compensate in some video recordings? Is it variable depending on how much work the CPU is doing? I could *swear* that the tick sounds were coming out of my headset near synchronously when I launched Colloquy on my iPhone, but it crashed and when I reloaded it seemed notably more delayed.

Funny how the first A2DP MP3 player in the US, the Insignia NS-DVB4G, could sync the videos to the BT output. I'm guessing that Apple never planned on adding A2DP... one only has to stream a YouTube video over WiFi while paired with A2DP to confirm (hint, watch your signal strength... your video will likely stutter and never properly buffer/finish).

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Good morning sunshine. Where the hell is that patch? I left 3.0 to have winterboard, and I was thinking to myself" self I wonder if they fixed winterboard yet" so I came here to check and I sawball this wonderfull info. Now it's just a waiting game. We waited this long, what's a little longer.

Good morning sunshine. Where the hell is that patch? I left 3.0 to have winterboard, and I was thinking to myself" self I wonder if they fixed winterboard yet" so I came here to check and I sawball this wonderfull info. Now it's just a waiting game. We waited this long, what's a little longer.

Last edited by mr.sparky; 05-20-2009 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

....what I really do not understand is why Apple would be able to screw-up its kernell if the patch come out before beta 6 is released, and why that would not be possible if the patch would be published after beta 6 is released.....
    they still have so many betas to screw-up if that would be possible...

Thanks

Well I'm hoping that beta 6 will come out today but if it doesn't no biggie, I can be patient if I have to be. Thank you for all your hard work stealth and putting up with our whining through it all. We really do appreciate it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MWillis561's Avatar
    Thanks

With people asking why they are waiting to release I can kind-of see why they would (although I want them to release it now). From a previous post from Stealth, he mentioned that this "patch" they were working on is more than a patch. It sounded like it was a "complete" jailbreak of 3.0 which from my understanding all the previous jailbreaks (which weren't provided by the dev team were never complete and had some errors). So basically they would have to package this up in Quickpwn or pwnagetool and release. If this is the case I can see waiting for Beta 6 to release the full jailbreak since when beta 6 comes out they would have to do their few modifications and repackage quickpwn or pwnagetool.

I could be way off here but I think that is what I've gotten from reading the 4,215 posts here.

By the way, thanks for all the hard work Stealth and sticking up for us people that couldn't do anything like this ourselves.

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

Get some well deserved sleep, Stealth.
    We need you to be rested up for beta 6 ........
    Follow me on Twitter ... http://www.twitter.com/iTooCrzy

Smack That Thanks Button .........

Thanks

what was stealth's twitter again?

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MWillis561 View Post
    By the way, thanks for all the hard work Stealth and sticking up for us people that couldn't do anything like this ourselves.
    Oh yeah?

I can blow air out of my tear ducts. Let's see Stealth do that!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by merkaba View Post
    what was stealth's twitter again?
    Follow him here.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to rburg For This Useful Post:

merkaba (05-20-2009)