Page 20 of 464 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

someone should start a thread of applications that work with 3.0 and how to get cydia on there!!! Wait maybe i will.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

it is at the beginning of the main post. cydia is incompatible at the moment

UUNNZZ and STEALTH, thank you very much for all your help! I finally got 3.0 on my 3G, but without my UDID, it wasn't possible, hit and miss... no no no, more like coincidence.

Although, Icy doesn't work AT ALL for me. But I'll be playing with it to figure it out.

Again, thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSMWIN85 View Post
    UUNNZZ and STEALTH, thank you very much for all your help! I finally got 3.0 on my 3G, but without my UDID, it wasn't possible, hit and miss... no no no, more like coincidence.

Although, Icy doesn't work AT ALL for me. But I'll be playing with it to figure it out.

Again, thanks!
    Glad to hear it man. I have been updating the main post every hour. It really should help someone with the whole process. I also added a list of working and non working apps.

So whats wrong with icy? Lets fix it.

Has anyone managed to get siphon installed? Icy complains that it can't find the package "firmware". wtf?

Thanks

"firmware" is a firmware mismatch error. It is looking for 2.x. Just download it and ssh it in.

I haven't been able to get ssh working. I am still getting:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _login
    Referenced from: /usr/sbin/sshd
    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _login
    Referenced from: /usr/sbin/sshd
    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

whenever I try to ssh in.

Thanks

everyone has that problem. what program are you using?

On macs cyberduck and fetch work. On pc use winscp. that will give you access to drop apps

I can mount it using macfuse and the sshfs module, so I have file system access, but I can't install a dpkg with that.... So how would I install siphon?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jordo_6's Avatar
    Thanks

for people who would like to know something.

I had a prob where beta 2 would get stuck on the boot logo and never boot, just keep restarting.

I googled around and found people who have this problem but no just on 3.0 beta and that its to do with a app installed.

my guess was that winterboard was the reason it would hang because people have said it doesnt work but i still tired lol.

anyway. peoples solution is to wirelessly get into the iphone system files but the thing is i cant get that to work on beta 2.

so for other people who may have had the same problem, this is how i fixed it.

I downloaded, ifunbox (free app to go through music/pictures/apps/ ringtones etc) and in the app section while the phone is trying to boot up and the computer has picked the phone up, I deleted winterboard.

As soon as I did that, the phone vibrated and then turned on.

So to me, I think the phone was stuck on a file to do with winterboard and when deleted it just started.

this is my version of a fix for people who cannot wirelessly (aka SSH) into there iphone

you could have just used disk aid lol

mobile substrate isnt installed, and i dont even see winterboard in icy

i am going to try using installer to install cydia just for shits and giggles

EDIT: installer is a no go on compatibility
    Last edited by JStraitiff; 04-03-2009 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by britrock View Post
    I can mount it using macfuse and the sshfs module, so I have file system access, but I can't install a dpkg with that.... So how would I install siphon?
    you could go to google open source or big boss's website and see if you could download the app. Or download pwnage tool and then download the app from there.

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    you could have just used disk aid lol

mobile substrate isnt installed, and i dont even see winterboard in icy

i am going to try using installer to install cydia just for shits and giggles

EDIT: installer is a no go on compatibility
    make sure you have saurik's repo in there. i have winterboard installed, it just doesn't work, yet .

apt.saurik.com
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 04-03-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

britrock (04-03-2009)

ya... i do but nuthing

i want to work with winterboard but idk where jay has his code up, if he does

I am also having problems with Icy. It does nothing. My phone is running 3.0 beta 2 and is currently jailbroken. I have added sources but the categories folder is blank. Nothing is listed in it. Any idea out there? Appreciate any and all help. Thanks

Dude I owe you a beer.

I managed to download the dpkg from bigboss's website, and then I scp'ed it to the phone, and was then able to run:
    ssh root@mi-iphone-ip dpkg -i siphone_2.0.7.deb

It installed it with no trouble. Rebooting now since I don't have an easy way to respring. Hope it works.

boo - it crashes when I try to dial.
    Last edited by britrock; 04-03-2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

edit the permissions.

i have categories installed for the respringing

The app does run, and actually does connect to my sip server. It just crashes when I try to actually make a call. I'm guessing there is an API change that is causing it problems.

Thanks

too bad. can we add it to the list of no gos?

Ok I just tried the same thing with mobileinstallation3 (the one from beta1) and that was a bad idea. I managed to get it installed, but now my phone won't boot.

I was able to uninstall the package with ssh, and that fixed it. No mobile installation patch though

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    too bad. can we add it to the list of no gos?
    Yeah I think so. I'll play with it a bit more. If I can find a setting to change or something that makes it work I'll let you know.
    Last edited by britrock; 04-04-2009 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    guys look im freaking out i dnt kno what happened but i wanted to try 3.0 so badly and i updated n i jailbroke my iphone 3g and now my signal bars are completely down its not working and im with fido so i dunno wat happened n im really scared is there any way i can fix this and is there any way i can downgrade my baseband or make my iphone work with my fido sim plzz help im going crazy

Page 20 of 464 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 70 120 ... LastLast