Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
05-10-2009, 02:59 PM #3401
Last edited by dragon974; 05-10-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
05-10-2009, 03:20 PM #3402Problem
Okay I agree with all here this beta 5 is the worst beta out!
Tons of problems I will list them!
1. I installed the cydia and after that I still a couple of programs and they close.
2. I was returning from the office today. And I was trying the testmyiphone.com page and a message came up saying something is wrong with the baseband and I didn't have cell phone servicios. Than I had to reboot the phone.
3. Now also I found a way to install all my apps first before doing the jailbreak so there is no Icon problem. But now I just bought a new program and sync it and it is blank icon.
4. Also the iFile app does not work good. a lot of bugs in it now with beta 5. Before this beta it worked 100%.
5. I think it is a fast boot up and all but over all this version of beta sucks!!! Big time!!!IPHONE 3G "DEV" (LETS HACK THIS IPHONE!)
05-10-2009, 03:41 PM #3403
When I restored, it usually says I am on T-Mobile, but has a pink connect to iTunes screen until I run QuickPwn. When I ran it, I just had Cydia checked, but still have the pink screen. Then I tried pwning it again with unlock checked, but quickpwn crashed and wouldn't unlock it :/, anybody have any idea what's up?
Edit: finally got it activated, but it has no carrier now. It is just showing the carrier as an underscore...
Last edited by neodude237; 05-10-2009 at 03:49 PM.
05-10-2009, 03:48 PM #3404
05-10-2009, 04:07 PM #3405
05-10-2009, 04:08 PM #3406
05-10-2009, 04:08 PM #3407
05-10-2009, 04:18 PM #3408
This has got to be the worst beta yet !
Even stock, my phone is so glitchy !
Come on Apple, what the hell .............
05-10-2009, 04:31 PM #3409
05-10-2009, 04:46 PM #3410
Anyone retry the video recording enable function in the new betas yet?
05-10-2009, 05:25 PM #3411
Alright, finally got this working. I guess I shouldn't have restored and should have updated instead. To get this working again, here is what I did:
1. Connect my iPhone to a computer w/ iTunes 8.1 and put it in DFU mode.
2. Restored to 2.2.1
3. Ran the 2.2.1 quickpwn and unlocked it.
4. Connected my iPhone back to a computer with iTunes 8.2 and pressed shift+check for update and selected 3.0 b5. (DO NOT RESTORE)
5. Ran quickpwn beta 5 and checked cydia and the thing that says do not check. (do check it because it is activate, which you need if you are on an unsupported carrier)
Anyways... hope this helps someone, I am on T-Mobile USA on an iPhone 2g.
05-10-2009, 05:54 PM #3412
According to Saurik's twitter page, he is working on a fix for WinterBoard and some other things.
Originally Posted by saurikOriginally Posted by saurik"In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)
"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)
05-10-2009, 05:56 PM #3413
Getting used to this WinterBoard on 3.0 .......
05-10-2009, 06:03 PM #3414
I am able to Jailbreak. Now cydia is not working after WB Lite installed. I tried to change WinterBoard.app to winter.app and tried cydia and wb. none of them work. I roll back WB to WinterBoard.app, to run WB atleast.
So how can i get back to Cydia? any help
05-10-2009, 06:07 PM #3415
Did you respring after renaming WinterBoard ?
05-10-2009, 06:21 PM #3416
Yes, I did
Do i need to rename the folder itself?
Inside i see winterboard, i did rename inside folder seems like an app/exe
05-10-2009, 06:21 PM #3417
05-10-2009, 06:24 PM #3418
I did rename the folder and respring works, thanks
05-10-2009, 06:27 PM #3419
05-10-2009, 06:31 PM #3420
i havent had to rename anything and its working ..i screwed up once and loaded winterboard insted of wb lite and had to restore but im up and running now