+ Reply
Page 169 of 464 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159167168169170171 179 219 269 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
the latest beta of flashfxp has sftp over ssh support now, so thats what i've been using.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

the latest beta of flashfxp has sftp over ssh support now, so thats what i've been using.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dust Busta's Avatar
    Thanks

Any one up for a quick game?

1.) how long do you think before stealth returns?
    He says he's on a break but I bet he'll be back on tomorrow and he's probably reading this now. Lol.

So my guess is untill tomorrow night.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

@BeSweeet I would get Cydia. I've had absolutely horrible experiences with Icy. The most common problem I've had is Icy refusing to update the sources, so I'd never get new packages. Before saurik fixed Cydia, I had uninstalled Icy and was using command line to install new packages because it was a lot easier and more reliable.

So, yes, I would install Cydia and remove Icy if I were you. It seems that if you're not having problems with Icy now, you will later.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My question is can you get Winterboard working? It seems like others said using SSH to change root files would get it functioning. Personally having Cydia is only useful if I can customize (themes, ringtones, wallpaper, etc). That means installing Winterboard. But with previous betas installing Winterboard meant restoring. Guess the real question is what to use to SSH into the phone from Windows?

Green Apple
    Thanks

^ winterboard works for me, and heard that it works for others. it's just u cannot run icy, but havent try to rename it yet, currently doing a fresh restore to jailbreak with Cydia. I'll give it a shot and i'll tell u later

Thanks

Default Modified QuickPwn for iPhone 1g, 3G, and iTouch 1g
    I made a modified version of QuickPwn which will work on iPhone 1g, iPhone 3G, and iTouch 1g. It also installs Cydia instead of Icy and uses the boot logos from the "Official" Official QuickPwn. You can download it at QuickPwn w/Cydia @ ZumoDrive.com. I've tested it and it works perfectly.
    Last edited by lightmaster; 05-10-2009 at 12:13 AM.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lightmaster For This Useful Post:

bro (05-10-2009), iPhoneMuscle (05-09-2009)

Thanks

Damn it's always the day's that I'm absent that the most crap happens. Haha, glad to hear that Cydia is up and running on 3.0, better than that god-awful icy. So many problems with it.

Still I won't come back up to 3.0 until at least winterboard and quick sms is working, so we'll see when that happens.

bro
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    I made a modified version of QuickPwn which will work on iPhone 1g, iPhone 3G, and iTouch 1g. It also installs Cydia instead of Icy. You can download it at QuickPwn w/Cydia @ ZumoDrive.com. I've tested it and it works perfectly.
    Good one

Anyone also got the experience that sometimes the baseband is being flashed on a 2g ? Mij neuter is gone and i have to go back to 2.0.2 to run bootneuter again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rburg View Post
    Damn it's always the day's that I'm absent that the most crap happens. Haha, glad to hear that Cydia is up and running on 3.0, better than that god-awful icy. So many problems with it.

Still I won't come back up to 3.0 until at least winterboard and quick sms is working, so we'll see when that happens.
    WinterBoard works as long as you install WinterBoard lite. You have to have WinterBoard lite because it will prevent UISounds and UIImages in themes from loading. Otherwise, you get the amazing infinite boot loop and the fun experience known as restoring.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Thanks

WinterBoard works as long as you install WinterBoard lite. You have to have WinterBoard lite because it will prevent UISounds and UIImages in themes from loading. Otherwise, you get the amazing infinite boot loop and the fun experience known as restoring.
    I know winterboard works its just that UI sound/images plus the wallpapers are a huge kicker for me. So I'm happy with my 2.2.1 plus from all I've been reading betat 5 is buggy as hell.

LOL Don't talk to me about restoring in the last week I've spent in excessive of 7 hours trouble shooting and restoring my phone. I've restored my phone no less than 15 times in the last week. Haha, stupid me and my curiosity.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To get MMS etc. Working

SSH into your iDevice an go to

/private/var/mobile/library/

You will see a folder link "Carrier Bundle.bundle"

Once you open that you will see a bunch of files..

To utilize this, rename your custom carrier .ipcc file to .zip an extract it

once you extract you should get a folder called

"Payload"

open it an you will find a folder called "YOURCARRIERNAMEHERE.bundle"

open that, an copy all the files from that, to

/private/var/mobile/library/ in the "Carrier Bundle.bundle" folder

and then reboot your device

cheers

Thanks

Does anyone else's Poof.app crash immediately? Does anyone else have a problem with a REALLY buggy keyboard (backspace not stopping, keys remaining raised after pressing, incredibly laggy, etc). I'm really hoping that Apple decides to release beta 6 fast and that they fix all of these really annoying bugs.

Wait, apparently the keyboard only seems to be really buggy in Twitterrific, so I assume they just haven't updated for 3.0 yet.
    Last edited by lightmaster; 05-10-2009 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

^ got Poof worked b4, now when I restored and jailbroke with Cydia ones, Categories and Poof, and Memtool as well, dont know wat's wrong. Restoring back again now

edit: i think something's wrong with the Cydia Quickpwn, couldnt get Poof or Memtool or iFile works even with a clean restore. Now i'll jailbreak with Icy quickpwn and will get back to y'all!
    Last edited by imlboy; 05-10-2009 at 03:15 AM.

Thanks

I have a jailbroken 2G iphone & I want o upgrade to firmware 3.0 ... can I do it how would I do it? - not too sure if its safe to upgrade now or do we still have to wait a while?

Thanks

Hell.. Why there is no choise between Cydia and Icy? I've very small demands, I need only OpenSSH and nothing else, and now I have Cydia ))

Twitter gived me this file iFolder.ru - QuickPwn-030-5.zip - should be QuickPWN with Icy, but i don't want to do all this second time, just in case if someone feels like me and ready to try ))

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone else's Poof.app crash immediately? .
    installing Core Utilities fixed the crashing Cydia apps like Poof.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to fletch33 For This Useful Post:

lightmaster (05-10-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

There is no jailbreak for the MAC yet??

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

has anyone had any problems logging in to the ebay app with the 3.0 software? i try to login and it never logs in....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i jailbreaked and restored 2g iphone 3.0 beta 4 firmware. It cotains cellullar data network setting but contains no option inside it like APN, User name ......etc.Can Any body guide me fix this problem

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    There is no jailbreak for the MAC yet??
    nope. i had problems using VM XP with quickpawn so i just set up a 10GB Boot Camp XP lite edition just for jailbreak and it has worked great. nice to have that there for those rare times you have to go back to a full windows without using a VM. i had never used boot camp before but it was easy to set up.
    Last edited by fletch33; 05-10-2009 at 07:44 AM.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"