Page 168 of 464 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158166167168169170 178 218 268 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

onlything i want is sbsettings back

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8r789456 View Post
    onlything i want is sbsettings back
    I agree, I really miss SBSettings. BigBoss has said that he won't be releasing a version compatible with 3.0 until 3.0 is officially released to the public.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Strange, I just installed a theme for testing, glass orbs, which in turn installed winterboard as a dependency, then I installed winterboard lite and have no issues. I was able to apply the theme and it's working just fine.

I didn't have to rename or remove the winterboard.app directory. I even rebooted the phone and everything is still working properly minus user wallpapers of course, that still doesn't seem to be working.

At no point did any of my apps stop working like previously on other beta's with winterboard installations. I figured I'd give it a shot as I was going to install beta 5 fresh again and wait for the new jb with cydia packaged.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon974 View Post
    Strange, I just installed a theme for testing, glass orbs, which in turn installed winterboard as a dependency, then I installed winterboard lite and have no issues. I was able to apply the theme and it's working just fine.

I didn't have to rename or remove the winterboard.app directory. I even rebooted the phone and everything is still working properly minus user wallpapers of course, that still doesn't seem to be working.

At no point did any of my apps stop working like previously on other beta's with winterboard installations. I figured I'd give it a shot as I was going to install beta 5 fresh again and wait for the new jb with cydia packaged.
    The only problem I've found with installing WinterBoard is that Icy will crash at start up.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    The only problem I've found with installing WinterBoard is that Icy will crash at start up.
    You are right, I didn't think to try icy, i was more interested to see if my other apps would launch. Renaming the Winterboard.app folder to anything else will allow Icy to work again, just tried it.

You are right, I didn't think to try icy, i was more interested to see if my other apps would launch. Renaming the Winterboard.app folder to anything else will allow Icy to work again, just tried it.
    I'm in the middle of upgrading to beta 5 and, when I jailbreak, I'm going to modify the QuickPWN executable to install Cydia instead of Icy. Hopefully Cydia will work with WinterBoard installed.

Does anyone know what's up with the WinterBoard wallpapers not working?

I'm in the middle of upgrading to beta 5 and, when I jailbreak, I'm going to modify the QuickPWN executable to install Cydia instead of Icy. Hopefully Cydia will work with WinterBoard installed.

Does anyone know what's up with the WinterBoard wallpapers not working?
    I'm sure it's just a matter of saurik updating Winterboard to work properly on 3.0.

I'm sure it's just a matter of saurik updating Winterboard to work properly on 3.0.
    According to saurik, its not really WinterBoard's fault. The Russians' jailbreak doesn't fully patch the kernel, which is causing problem for WinterBoard.

Default services.plist patch!!!!
    Lightmaster when you modify Quickpwn executable could you also please modify it to include the services.plist patch!!!!

Many thanks

According to saurik, its not really WinterBoard's fault. The Russians' jailbreak doesn't fully patch the kernel, which is causing problem for WinterBoard.
    Hmm really? I thought I read somewhere he was talking about some compatability extensions he's working on, or was that for another app of his?

stealth i sent you a pm waiting for responds plz
    its about the jb for the 2G
    I jailbreaked my iphone 2g with quickpwn everything works fine but my t-mobile sim doesnt get service but the ATT one works fine

Anyone know how to stop the timebomb with beta 4?
    Last edited by Sk8r789456; 05-09-2009 at 06:35 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sakyr's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't get fontswap to work on beta 5 jailbroken with the cydia package but it worked fine on the icy package.

Anyone else having this issue?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dust Busta's Avatar
    Thanks

Do I need to jailbreak inorder to install cydia? Or can I just install It through icy?
    Also can I just jailbreak or should I restore then jailbreak.

beta 5 messed up my iphone ! went down to beta 4 the same thing now back down to 2.2.1
    i re flashed the baseband on 2.2.1 and i got serivce so i think beta 5 screws with the iphone 2g now....
    does anyone know how to stop the timebomb for beta 4
    Last edited by Sk8r789456; 05-09-2009 at 07:38 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

I find Beta 5 is worse than Beta 4 as in much more buggy. Even Categories does not work with Beta 5 but did with 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dust Busta View Post
    Do I need to jailbreak inorder to install cydia? Or can I just install It through icy?
    Also can I just jailbreak or should I restore then jailbreak.
    If you don't want to re-jailbreak your iPhone, download Stealth's latest QuickPWN w/ Cydia and copy the "./QuickPwn/Data/Cydia.tar.gz" file into the root of your iPhone (the very first folder, "/"). Then SSH into your iPhone and run these commands:
    Code:
    cd /
    tar xvpf ./Cydia.tar.gz
    This will extract Cydia and its associated files to where they need to go and will retain the correct permissions. The first time you launch Cydia, it will say something like "Organizing Files" and will respring almost immediately. Launch Cydia again and it will work like normal.

Hmm really? I thought I read somewhere he was talking about some compatability extensions he's working on, or was that for another app of his?
    He might have been talking about backwards compatibility in general, like what he did for the transition from 1.x to 2.x, which would make apps in general more stable and possible fix WinterBoard.
    Last edited by lightmaster; 05-09-2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

does this new quickpwn with cydia hang at the first step while it puts the phone into recovery mode...and does anyone know the apn settings for voicemail on ATT

Quote Originally Posted by cswarthrob View Post
    does this new quickpwn with cydia hang at the first step while it puts the phone into recovery mode...and does anyone know the apn settings for voicemail on ATT
    If it does hang, make sure you have iTunes 8.2 installed; If your on Vista or Win7, try using compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 and run as administrator.

Exactly how do you rename winterboard.app using winscp. Ivan highlight winterboard in the applications list but cannot find any option to rename it. Sorry, iPhonebrowser has spoiled me.

Press F2 with the folder highlighted.

Quick question: should I get Cydia if I like Icy just fine?

Page 168 of 464 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158166167168169170 178 218 268 ... LastLast