Page 165 of 464 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155163164165166167 175 215 265 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakyr View Post
    I forgot to write down the repo for Grip can anyone remind me please.

I restored to beta 5 and i dont have it anymore.

Thanks
    PM Sent
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

hi, is there a software yet to preserve baseband and update like with 2.2.1 before yellowsnow 0.98?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ No custom firmwares yet

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I don't own a 2G.
    I could test the jailbreak for 2G with pleasure :-

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi All,

Winterboard is working on Beta5 (Kind of). Read CAREFULLY you can have problems if you do not follow the directions CAREFULLY.

Here is what I did.

1. Install CyDelete from Icy (So you can uninstall Winterboard if needed).
    2. Install the following Repo on Icy: http://david.ashman.com/beta/
    3. Install the theme you like (I have installed Smoog 1.3)
    4. Install ifile from Icy
    5. Install Winterboard Lite (0.9.2796-5). This will also install the Regular Winterboard (0.9.27.96-1).
    6. Run Winterboard and choose the theme you like. It will be applied fine (atleast Smoog 1.3 did).
    7. After this you will notice that you can NOT RUN ICE ANYMORE.
    8. What I did is use ifile and Delete the Winterboard.app from the Applications folder.
    9. Icy will RUN AGAIN.
    10. Even if you reboot the Iphone the theme will be still applied.
    11. If you need to install another theme then you will havev to remove the old theme (my case Smoog 1.3) from Icy and also you will need to remove Winterboard and Winterboard lite. Install the themes you like again from Icy and Reinstall Winterboard and Winterboard lite again.

I hope the guide is clear. Use at your own risk. Make sure you backup your phone before you try.

Have Fun!

GIPAQ

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gipaq For This Useful Post:

Zehlek (05-09-2009)

Hi! 12 hours passed afnter thoe 45 minutes )) where is the link?

Quote Originally Posted by britrock View Post
    I have never done much theming, but I've now replaced all my icons with matte icons. I'm very happy with the results.

If you find the Info.plist file for an application you can edit it to get rid of the glossy crap. The path will be something like
    Code:
    Applications/5FCB6BB9-1BF5-40A6-AE0F-9002B2D6F68C/Monopoly.app/Info.plist
    . You'll need a plist editor (If you install xcode the you will have one).

Add a new key at the end named
    Code:
    UIPrerenderedIcon
    and set the value to 1. If you then respring your app should no longer have the glossy **** over it's icon.
    can't get it works in beta 5 editted in Windows with pedit, created new key at the end of the plist, then set the value in <string>1</string> but doesnt work. either with <true/>.

Can you show me the code ?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I don't own a 2G.
    I would help you with pleasure, I own a 2G.

Default Worst Beta yet
    Beta 5 is the worst ever beta I have seen . Seems very buggy and unstable and I am talking about a non jailbroken phone. Missing icons need respring. A general lag at startup and more or less everything. For example you click on settings it takes a bit for the settings page to load. I should have stuck to Beta 4 for a while....

Quote Originally Posted by gipaq View Post
    Hi All,

Winterboard is working on Beta5 (Kind of). Read CAREFULLY you can have problems if you do not follow the directions CAREFULLY.

Here is what I did.

1. Install CyDelete from Icy (So you can uninstall Winterboard if needed).
    2. Install the following Repo on Icy: http://david.ashman.com/beta/
    3. Install the theme you like (I have installed Smoog 1.3)
    4. Install ifile from Icy
    5. Install Winterboard Lite (0.9.2796-5). This will also install the Regular Winterboard (0.9.27.96-1).
    6. Run Winterboard and choose the theme you like. It will be applied fine (atleast Smoog 1.3 did).
    7. After this you will notice that you can NOT RUN ICE ANYMORE.
    8. What I did is use ifile and Delete the Winterboard.app from the Applications folder.
    9. Icy will RUN AGAIN.
    10. Even if you reboot the Iphone the theme will be still applied.
    11. If you need to install another theme then you will havev to remove the old theme (my case Smoog 1.3) from Icy and also you will need to remove Winterboard and Winterboard lite. Install the themes you like again from Icy and Reinstall Winterboard and Winterboard lite again.

I hope the guide is clear. Use at your own risk. Make sure you backup your phone before you try.

Have Fun!

GIPAQ
    it works, but only when WBLite is installed. And do not enable the UISounds and UIImages in the Setting, otherwise phone will always get into safemode

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saronline View Post
    Beta 5 is the worst ever beta I have seen . Seems very buggy and unstable and I am talking about a non jailbroken phone. Missing icons need respring. A general lag at startup and more or less everything. For example you click on settings it takes a bit for the settings page to load. I should have stuck to Beta 4 for a while....
    I agree. No new features either. Its as buggy as beta 1

And after I update, my mms seems to be gone. The option is completely gone!
    Last edited by popdog23; 05-09-2009 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by imlboy View Post
    it works, but only when WBLite is installed. And do not enable the UISounds and UIImages in the Setting, otherwise phone will always get into safemode
    I can confirm that it does work, but I couldn't get anything for my background. Even the lockscreen wallpaper is black now.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

^ well, i have no wallpaper nor lockbackground in the theme folder, coz i use my own lockbackground in the phone photos. Might cause this because the mobilesubstrate is not fully working on 3.0. Do u have icon themed ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Apple released beta 5, just to stop mms and tethering.
    It is more buggy then beta 4.

Come on Apple, tighten up ........

^ well, i have no wallpaper nor lockbackground in the theme folder, coz i use my own lockbackground in the phone photos. Might cause this because the mobilesubstrate is not fully working on 3.0. Do u have icon themed ?
    I reinstalled WinterBoard, and now I have my usual lockscreen background, but still no background behind my icons, which was the main reason I wanted WinterBoard.

question...If my UDID was activated with beta 4..does it need to be reactivated for beta 5???

^ No, you don't need to reregister your UDID.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lightmaster For This Useful Post:

iBlunt (05-09-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 24trepid View Post
    I think Apple released beta 5, just to stop mms and tethering.
    It is more buggy then beta 4.

Come on Apple, tighten up ........
    I am using Beta 5 and MMS and Tethering work perfect for myself. Actually even better now. I am with Fido though, maybe AT&T is up to there old tricks again?

can't get it works in beta 5 editted in Windows with pedit, created new key at the end of the plist, then set the value in <string>1</string> but doesnt work. either with <true/>.

Can you show me the code ?
    Here is one that I modified, which worked for me. I'm still on beta 4 though, so perhaps something has changed in beta 5 that broke this.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>                                                                                               
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
        <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
        <string>English</string>
        <key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
        <string>Scrabble</string>
        <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
        <string>scrabble</string>
        <key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
        <string>icon.png</string>
        <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
        <string>com.ea.scrabble</string>
        <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
        <string>6.0</string>
        <key>CFBundleName</key>
        <string>scrabble</string>
        <key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
        <string>APPL</string>
        <key>CFBundleResourceSpecification</key>
        <string>ResourceRules.plist</string>
        <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
        <string>1.1.88</string>
        <key>DTPlatformName</key>
        <string>iphoneos</string>
        <key>DTSDKName</key>
        <string>iphoneos2.2.1</string>
        <key>MinimumOSVersion</key>
        <string>2.0</string>
        <key>NSMainNibFile</key>
        <string>MainWindow</string>
        <key>UIStatusBarHidden</key>
        <true/>
        <key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

Green Apple
    Thanks

so this might be a question that has already been answered...my voicemail has stopped working since i updated to beta 5. it just says "cannot connect to visual voicemail" or something like that. if i call my # from a different phone and i dont answer, i get my usual greeting. i reset the network settings and still its a no go. any help would be great.

Page 165 of 464 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155163164165166167 175 215 265 ... LastLast