+ Reply
Page 148 of 464 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138146147148149150 158 198 248 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Originally Posted by rburg Had this same problem myself, only with one app though. It's weird but I couldn't find a fix. some apps dont have it, i.e Units and
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rburg View Post
    Had this same problem myself, only with one app though. It's weird but I couldn't find a fix.
    some apps dont have it, i.e Units and Facebook on the other page, the rest has it, and it's annoying even i tried the default icon size but still has it...grrrrr

iPhone? More like MyPhone KingRedmer's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know if its been asked, but I'm trying to change my SMS bubbles, and they aren't in the SMS app anymore. Does anyone know where their location changed to?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imlboy View Post
    some apps dont have it, i.e Units and Facebook on the other page, the rest has it, and it's annoying even i tried the default icon size but still has it...grrrrr
    Have you looked at the plist for the app? I wonder if there is a bit set differently.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    They are in the folder labeled chatkit.framework in private frameworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRedmer View Post
    I don't know if its been asked, but I'm trying to change my SMS bubbles, and they aren't in the SMS app anymore. Does anyone know where their location changed to?
    They are in the chatkit.framework folder located in private frameworks.
    Last edited by jv1187; 05-06-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imlboy View Post
    anyone has this problem ? some icon has the ugly gloss ontop
    That looks really nice (aside from the glossy icons of course). Mind uploading your changes some where? I'd love to have my iphone looking that good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kiwiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

Help!!
    I installed a battery that's normally for winterboard from ICY (Thinking I would manually change my battery.
    I thought this would be ok as I didn't install winterboard itself.

Now my phone wont load up, just the apple logo.

Is there anything I can do, apart from a restore??

kiwiPhone

If I helped, don't forget to click thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiphone View Post
    Help!!
    I installed a battery that's normally for winterboard from ICY (Thinking I would manually change my battery.
    I thought this would be ok as I didn't install winterboard itself.

Now my phone wont load up, just the apple logo.

Is there anything I can do, apart from a restore??
    Unfortunately you'll probably have to restore. I made the same mistake myself, any theme downloaded when you don't have Winterboard installed, will automatically download and install it since it's a direct dependency. I got lucky and was able to ssh in and delete winterboard before it killed my system.

Thanks

Unfortunately you'll probably have to restore. I made the same mistake myself, any theme downloaded when you don't have Winterboard installed, will automatically download and install it since it's a direct dependency. I got lucky and was able to ssh in and delete winterboard before it killed my system.
    Dam it, I knew I should have SSH'd into my phone but was to lazy to get my laptop out.

That will teach me.

Is there no USB way of deleting it? Im on a PC

kiwiPhone

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiphone View Post
    Dam it, I knew I should have SSH'd into my phone but was to lazy to get my laptop out.

That will teach me.

Is there no USB way of deleting it? Im on a PC
    If you have good timing, you might be able to ssh into your phone to remove it before it reboots. It just depends on how long it takes your phone to connect to your wifi network and how long it takes to uninstall. If you can ssh into it before it reboots, try this command:
    Code:
    dpkg --purge winterboard
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Thanks

Also, I have total commander but doesn't seem be helping.

kiwiPhone

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Every time I run "apt-get update" I get a bunch of errors. When I tried to run it initially, it would stop almost immediate and fail, so I removed all sources and manually added all of the sources I had when running on 2.2.1. Prior to updating to 3.0, I had run aptbackup, which backed up all of the sources.list.d files. I added all of these files back to the sources.list.d folder and now about half of the sources seem to update fine, but several of them fail to update. Here are the error messages I get after running "apt-get update":
    Code:
    Reading package lists... Done
    W: GPG error: http://apt.modmyi.com stable Release: Couldn't access keyring: 'No such file or directory'
    W: GPG error: http://apt.bigboss.us.com stable Release: Couldn't access keyring: 'No such file or directory'
    W: GPG error: http://cydia.zodttd.com stable Release: Couldn't access keyring: 'No such file or directory'
    W: GPG error: http://apt.namedfork.net ./ Release: Couldn't access keyring: 'No such file or directory'
    W: GPG error: http://apt.saurik.com tangelo Release: Couldn't access keyring: 'No such file or directory'
    W: GPG error: http://home.comcast.net ./ Release: Couldn't access keyring: 'No such file or directory'
    W: GPG error: http://repo.smxy.org xena Release: Couldn't access keyring: 'No such file or directory'
    W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://home.comcast.net ./ Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/home.comcast.net_%7elightmaster.tech_Cydia_._Packages)
    W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
    E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post
    FIX FOUND FOR SSH ISSUES

To get openSSH to work remove Sauriks source from Icy and add it again, I cant remember where I read this but it works! When you refresh there is then an update for openSSH that wasnt there before. Install the updates and you will then have ssh terminal access.

LEADS TO NEW PROBLEM

How do you change your ssh password from alpine? If you get terminal to work for some strange reason the command passwd is not known? Answers on a postcard please?
    Thanks man. Removed then added saurik's source.
    Refreshed, and had updates for SSH !!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I need Help,
    I had a 3g iphone registered with someone else's dev account and everything was great. I returned my iphone today to apple because of dust under the screen and they gave me a new one. (thats not the problem)
    The problem is I forgot that the new phone isn't registered, i plugged it in to upgrade to beta4 and bammm (i'm not registered).
    I have notified the guy who hooked me up but i'm fear-full he wont be able to get it done in time...
    Im a realtor and I got deals going on.....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post
    FIX FOUND FOR SSH ISSUES
    How do you change your ssh password from alpine? If you get terminal to work for some strange reason the command passwd is not known? Answers on a postcard please?
    I can't remember if it is in core-utils or systemcmds, but passwd is in there somewhere.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by big "dd" View Post
    I need Help,
    I had a 3g iphone registered with someone else's dev account and everything was great. I returned my iphone today to apple because of dust under the screen and they gave me a new one. (thats not the problem)
    The problem is I forgot that the new phone isn't registered, i plugged it in to upgrade to beta4 and bammm (i'm not registered).
    I have notified the guy who hooked me up but i'm fear-full he wont be able to get it done in time...
    Im a realtor and I got deals going on.....
    Maybe you'll get lucky and a nice dev around here will add you for free

However if you need your phone pronto may I suggest just a simple downgrade for the time being?

Banned
    Thanks

Does anyone know if Veency works with 3.0?

**EDIT CPJR - Nope.**
    Last edited by cpjr; 05-06-2009 at 06:00 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

just did it and quickpwn cant recognize my phone
    can you help? im on a mac, I dont have a pc

Maybe you'll get lucky and a nice dev around here will add you for free

However if you need your phone pronto may I suggest just a simple downgrade for the time being?

Thanks

Yeah I actually just finished downgrading took me three hours to do cuz I had so many hiccups. Anyways what kind of mac do you have? Do you have 10.5.6 installed?

Green Apple
    Thanks

intel imac 10.5.6

Thanks

Going you're going to have a bit of a problem going to DFU mode using 10.5.6 which is required for quickpwn. Follow the instructions at this link to fix your problem. [ame=http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?p=374065]Re-enable DFU mode in Mac OS X 10.5.6 & MacBooks (unibody 2008) - Hackint0sh[/ame]