Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Re-jailbreak iPhone 3g

Default Re-jailbreak iPhone 3g
    i recently unlocked my iPhone 3G running on a 2.2 firmware. but I also performed an apple update on the iPhone and now it seems as though the phone has been locked once again. I tried to re-jailbreak it but QuickPwn tells me that there was an error with the firmware string.

will I be able to unlock my iPhone again and use it?

Someone please help.

I think you upgraded your phone with itunes to 2.2.1.Then you are using quickpwn 2.2 to unlock 2.2.1!!!Unfortunatelly,there is no unlocking software(quickpwn or pwnage tool)for 2.2.1 yet.

i think dejawoo is right about the upgrade.

however see if this thread helps: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...2-1-2-2-a.html

Default Thanks
    thats a bummer. they should really tell you these things when you first unlock the phone. but i really appreciate your feedback.

do any of you have any idea as to when or how long it would take for someone to come up with a jailbreak for 2.2?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by royalswimmer08 View Post
    thats a bummer. they should really tell you these things when you first unlock the phone. but i really appreciate your feedback.

do any of you have any idea as to when or how long it would take for someone to come up with a jailbreak for 2.2?
    They do tell you these things when you first unlock the phone. Actually they tell you about 100 times. Do you want them to come to your house next time and stop you from upgrading?

they should. that way it saves everyone problems.

Now,you can jailbrake with pwnage tool 2.5.5 your 3G 2.2.1 on MAC&unlock it with yellowSnow 0.9.7.But you have to disable the baseband update on pwnage tool to conserve 2.28.00 baseband.