+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G - no wifi

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have iPhone 3G 16G from AT&T. I upgraded to firmware 2.2 and baseband 2.28 using iTunes. Then I jailbroke the phone using QuickPwn 2.2 (or 2.2-1) on Windows XP.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G - no wifi
    I have iPhone 3G 16G from AT&T. I upgraded to firmware 2.2 and baseband 2.28 using iTunes. Then I jailbroke the phone using QuickPwn 2.2 (or 2.2-1) on Windows XP. Both operations succeeded (I tried several times). However, I can't really access any WiFi networks. I tried in several places. A few times (mostly after various resets), I saw a weak signal from various WiFi networks, but I could never connect. I tried resetting network adapters, network setting etc, following instructions in numerous posts, but nothing seems to work. I heard about WiFi fixes or Gray WiFi... Does it pertain to this version of firmware? Does anyone have similar issues... I have no reason to believe it is hardware-related...

My iPhone is a Part of Me dejawoo's Avatar
    Thanks

1-Try to reset network settings on iPhone.Go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings
    2-If the above doesn’t work,perform a full erase on all settings.Go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings
    3-Did you try to restart your wireless router? Sometimes a reboot of the router may fix the issue
    4-Are you using WEP or WPA security on your wireless router?Try disable all security security,reboot the wireless router and reconnect your iPhone via Wifi.See if this works.
    5-Turn off MAC address filtering on your Wifi router.On the Wi-Fi Access Point/Router,you should verify if MAC address filtering is turned ON or OFF on the router,whether the security settings on the router match the iPhone (WEP password, WEP hex or ASCII, WPA, or WPA2),and try disabling (QoS) quality of service if that feature is turned ON for the router.
    6-If you are still receiving an error,tap Settings > Wi-Fi > Other (under Choose a Network) and then enter the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) and select your Security setting and enter your password.
    7- Use static IP address instead of DHCP. At the Wifi settings screen, tap “Static” and fill in the IP address and other network settings manually.
    8-If the above still doesn’t work for you,the last resort is to restore/jailbreak your iPhone again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you. I actually tried all of the above options, including multiple restores. The only thing I haven't tried is restoring using iTunes and jailbreaking with Pwnage. 1) is there a difference? 2) in case i have a corrupted baseband, can i completely erase and restore the iphone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Bump I am having the exact same issue.
    I cannot connect to ANY wifi. my wifes iphone can connect and see wifi spots and I cannot see nor connect to any. I did everything mentioned above and nothing has worked. Any help would be great.
    3g 2.2 unlocked jailbroke

Thanks

Does your phone connect when it's not Jailbroken?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me dejawoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Pwnage Tool is used only for mac.You cannot use it on windows.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used quickpwn. still trying things but nothing seems to help. I have yellowsn0w and have been using it since it came out. today i used stumble upon and found some wifi spots, still couldn't connect. Then at home it showed my wifi but could not connect. after that, the "choose a network" just shows its working non stop. I am up to any suggestions, very frustrating.
    Last edited by beodom; 01-24-2009 at 06:01 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

did you guys have your sim in while using pwned? 1 of 3 iphones i have needed the sim in during the process or there was no edge or wifi. It took me over a week to figure that out?? Still have no idea why it never mattered before

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tried it both ways. I turned my wifi off over night and in the morning I got my wifi back!!! That's the only thing I did differently.... Weird

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i had a phone do this about a week or two after i bought it. happened about a day after i jailbroke it. restored and took balk to apple and had it swaped out. Pretty sure it was a bad wifi radio.
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There is a utility I found called Quicksn0w, which combines yellowsn0w and quickpwn. I was able to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone 3g using this utility without having to use WiFi. The phone works fine now and you can install applications from Cydia using 3G or EDGE, but WiFi still has the same problems as described in my original post.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    BUMP
    I guess it's becoming a common issue, but still no direct answer on what is causing this problem nor what can solve it.
    If anyone has any updates, please let us know. I have the same exact problem and haven't found the solution.

Something tells me this is related to QuickPawn. I've seen many posts with the same problem and 90% used quickpawn.

Take care
    Last edited by leandrogw; 07-21-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks

Wow! a six month old problem? Things have moved on since then.
    Restore your phone to FW3.0 use RedSn0w then UltraSn0w.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

leandrogw (07-21-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Sorry, I'll try that when I get home... Thank you for the tip.

Thanks
    Default 3g no wifi after 3.0 update
    I have the same issue, restored to fw 3.0, jailbroke first with redsn0w 0.7 then unlocked with ultrasn0w, after 2 days lost my wifi and i have tried everything since, reseting network settings, erasing all settings, restoring again and again, using redsn0w 8.0 etc etc still no luck, the only options i think it could meybe solved the problem is fixing the baseband somehow(virginizing it) if i knew how..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Update on the issue. I updated to 3.0 jailbroke it with redsn0w then unlocked with ultrasn0w without wifi. Still no wifi. DOn`t know if anyone has any updates... It all started when i used QuickPn2.2

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeap did update and all.. I still have no wifi at all.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Same, same, same. Been all over the internet searching for a solution. Nothing helps. Funny thing is it´s not all updated to 3.0 phones. So the question for, let´s say, the No/weak Wifi is:

2G, 3G, or 3Gs?

Ulocked, Jailbroken? Both? None?

Pwnage, Redsnow or Ultra?

Mac or Windows?

Updated Baseband?

Install Icy & Cydia?
    Only one, which one?
    Both?

Trying to narrow down if it´s mostly a specific phone, Unlock/Jb or the firmware update.

I don´t even get coverage in my flat, let alone anywhere else I used to have excellent coverage.
    I´ve tried all unlocks, twice, reset this and that, rebooted hard and soft, blah, blah, blah.
    Wish there was a solution for this finally, exhausted!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    3g firmware 3.0 redsnow windows and cydia and icy both combinations tried but still no wifi

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Agreed:
    Quote Originally Posted by dejawoo View Post
    1-Try to reset network settings on iPhone.Go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings
    2-If the above doesn’t work,perform a full erase on all settings.Go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings
    3-Did you try to restart your wireless router? Sometimes a reboot of the router may fix the issue
    4-Are you using WEP or WPA security on your wireless router?Try disable all security security,reboot the wireless router and reconnect your iPhone via Wifi.See if this works.
    5-Turn off MAC address filtering on your Wifi router.On the Wi-Fi Access Point/Router,you should verify if MAC address filtering is turned ON or OFF on the router,whether the security settings on the router match the iPhone (WEP password, WEP hex or ASCII, WPA, or WPA2),and try disabling (QoS) quality of service if that feature is turned ON for the router.
    6-If you are still receiving an error,tap Settings > Wi-Fi > Other (under Choose a Network) and then enter the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) and select your Security setting and enter your password.
    7- Use static IP address instead of DHCP. At the Wifi settings screen, tap “Static” and fill in the IP address and other network settings manually.
    8-If the above still doesn’t work for you,the last resort is to restore/jailbreak your iPhone again.
    Hi,

I am agree with procedure.

This is detail which will definitely help you.

If the steps don't work out then restore it and jailbreak your phone again.

Thanks
    No signature spam... only warning