+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Jailbreak iPhone Users are Idiotic"

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
saw this article today about securing your iphone. 8 Easy Steps to iPhone Security here is the tidbit about jailbreaking: 5. Don't jailbreak your iPhone. The iPhone jailbreak process purposely
    Thanks

Thumbs down "Jailbreak iPhone Users are Idiotic"
    saw this article today about securing your iphone.
    8 Easy Steps to iPhone Security
    here is the tidbit about jailbreaking:

5. Don't jailbreak your iPhone. The iPhone jailbreak process purposely disarms the mechanisms that Apple created to protect your data. With App Store, a trusted party tests and vouches for the software, and Apple can trigger an uninstall of an app if a risk is discovered later. The protections offered by open source projects --multiple contributors, readily viewable code, and a central location for comments and fixes -- don't exist in the jailbreak world. I'll grant that jailbreaking an iPod Touch or a retired iPhone can be good fun. Relying on a jailbroken iPhone as your primary mobile device is idiotic.

It's so quick and easy to jailbreak an iPhone that it takes a minimum of social engineering to trick a trusting user into bypassing Apple's built-in guard against modified firmware. It's a simple sell: By holding down one key while clicking Restore, you don't waste time waiting for new firmware to download from Apple. Don't fall for it. Always download firmware directly from Apple.
    iPhone 4 / 4.3.1 / redsn0w

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

they have a bit of a point but if you're a savvy jailbreak user you will only install the apps that you have researched well and others have put through their paces. i only stick to a select few namely: sbsettings, backgrounder (barely used) and bite SMS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danno2022 View Post
    saw this article today about securing your iphone.

It's so quick and easy to jailbreak an iPhone that it takes a minimum of social engineering to trick a trusting user into bypassing Apple's built-in guard against modified firmware. It's a simple sell: By holding down one key while clicking Restore, you don't waste time waiting for new firmware to download from Apple. Don't fall for it. Always download firmware directly from Apple.
    This is the key. I resent the implication that I would fall victim to social engineering. Most savvy jailbreakers would also know better than to fall for some of those ploys as well. We who research EVERYTHING get a laugh out of the so-called advice given to the "masses".

This said, given how most people do not research in the same way, then complain, I don't fault Apple (or other companies) who attempt to protect people from themselves. They are in fact protecting themselves.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If it weren't for jailbreak I would have been bored of this phone a long time ago.