+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak / upgrade problem

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Okay, I jailbroke my phone using cydia from bigboss while I was running 2.1. Everything was working fine. I recently decided to upgrade to 2.2 software, everything went fine except
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak / upgrade problem
    Okay,
    I jailbroke my phone using cydia from bigboss while I was running 2.1. Everything was working fine. I recently decided to upgrade to 2.2 software, everything went fine except for the fact that I had a lot of programs hidden using the "categories" app. One of the apps I had hidden was cydia. Now when I re-jailbroke my phone, cydia won't appear on my springboard. Therefore leaving everything else hidden. I tried to restore my phone and start over, but got the same result. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diggidyd View Post
    Okay,
    I jailbroke my phone using cydia from bigboss while I was running 2.1. Everything was working fine. I recently decided to upgrade to 2.2 software, everything went fine except for the fact that I had a lot of programs hidden using the "categories" app. One of the apps I had hidden was cydia. Now when I re-jailbroke my phone, cydia won't appear on my springboard. Therefore leaving everything else hidden. I tried to restore my phone and start over, but got the same result. Can anyone help?
    did u sign up as a new phone? Or restored from a back up with itunes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I restored from backup. Should I start as a new phone? Will I lose all my pics & etc.?
    Last edited by diggidyd; 12-07-2008 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Starting a new phone would loose all you pics, however, if you still have those images/contacts/music etc on your hard drive (I mean in folders and not from previous backups), you can then sync iTunes to get them back.

Green Apple
    Thanks

u can get all that stuff off with diskaid

Thanks

you could install Dock or Poof manually and unhide them