+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone error 23??

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
i have the first gen iphone 16gb...and when i try and restore it i keep getting the error 23..anybody knows what this is?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone error 23??
    i have the first gen iphone 16gb...and when i try and restore it i keep getting the error 23..anybody knows what this is?

iPhone? More like MyPhone reddevilseye's Avatar
    Thanks

more info plz
    put it in dfu mode and restore
    DFU Restore Mode:

1. Power phone OFF. 2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds. 3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think its bricked or whatever..the last firmware i know of it having is 1.1.4....i got it from my homie who never used itso i dont know much about it..but i have tried just about everything and it hasnt worked..as a matter of fact..i took it through the unlocking process once and it got stuck on the pineapple...so idk whats wrong with this joint..

i did what u said..and itunes recognized it.said it found an iphone in recovery mode..tried to restore it and still got the same error

any help??????
    Last edited by theboyillinois; 12-06-2008 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You're 100% sure you're in DFU mode?

You can always take it to Apple, as well. They may be feeling good and decide to give you a replacement.
    Respect your elders.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the only screent that comes up is the connect to ituens screen..so i think im in dfu mode....

Thanks

Google it and try it again doing EXACTLY as whatever you find says. A notification should pop up if you're running Windows that says Apple device-DFU connected (or something of the like) when you get it.
    Respect your elders.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im on a mac right now..and still getting this error 23

iPhone? More like MyPhone reddevilseye's Avatar
    Thanks

if ur in dfu mode u should get a wight screen for like 2 or 3 sec befor the apple logo first get it to dfu mode, if i tunes gives an error then use an older one,which may not fix the pplm too but it will fix the boot then u go back to the new itunes to restore

if ur stock in recovery mode then theres another way to get to dfu
    its the same as qpown askes u to do
    home 5sec
    power+home 15 sec
    home till wight screen
    if that didnt work PM me im online i will help u
    Last edited by reddevilseye; 12-06-2008 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    DFU Restore Mode:

1. Power phone OFF. 2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds. 3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi, i have the same problem i have tried everything DFU, RESTORE MODE, NORMAL MODE, also Itunes 7.6- 7.8 , 8 , ibrick , QuickPwn22, etc. 4 different computers, 2 usb cables, with and without cradle, .,...
    i always get ERROR 23, or USB FAULTY CONECTION but it seems that the phone is ok. also i did try to see the root directory but since the phone is not jailbroken is locked. i cant jailbrak it, neither restore it, the phone stays in emergency mode...... pls. help me (in my country there is no official apple or iphone dealers or tech. service)
    well thanks
    hope some one knows how to fix this.....
    Carlos

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

having same problem here as well

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Last time I had an error 23 no matter what I couldn't get rid of it. DFU... Recovery... nothing... it's a brick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having this same issue on my 2G 8GB model. I posted another topic recently about this, outlining the same process you have gone through. Looking for help as well!!! Is it really a brick?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so did some one did manage to repair this problem... ? is the logic board the problem or the commboard?
    SOME ONE HELP US PLEASE!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having the same error with my 8gb 1st gen iphone and its in restore mode but whenever i try to restore it i says error 23 ecured

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was able to fix error 23 by deleting the backups on my laptop and restoring w/o an existing backup. The problem was one of the backups was corrupted. You can find the backups under the Preferences -> Devices tab in iTunes. But I got error 1011, that is not to bad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have done that procedure on several different machines ... and didn't work!!, i hace order a new commboard and logic board as soon as i recive this items i will keep update on what was the problem.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hii for all ... i have the same this problem any one can sloved this problem i tried to change 3 PC also the USB cable ... but tha same i got Error 23 i think the problem not software ..... think the probem hardware ..

Respectfully
    3G iPhone 8G Unlock by yellowsn0w

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it's official yesterday i have recived the commboard/logic board and battery attached i have change it and the phone begans to work
    i think this is the only solution (for now) i will try to do some tests on the damaged iphone board to see if i can fix it...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coblitas View Post
    it's official yesterday i have recived the commboard/logic board and battery attached i have change it and the phone begans to work
    i think this is the only solution (for now) i will try to do some tests on the damaged iphone board to see if i can fix it...
    any updates to the original faulty board?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

come now some one had to of fixed this damn problem... this error is really in the way of me using this iphone i want to restore.