Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking officially unlocked iPhone 3G

Default Jailbreaking officially unlocked iPhone 3G
    I have an officially unlcoked 16 GB iPhone on firmware 2.1 which i will upgrade to 2.2 shortly, and so far after 2 days of use, i can not complain about anything but the battery.

I am now thinking of jailbreaking my phone after the upgrade and would like to know what the risks are, will i be able to upgrade later if i jailbreak? will i loose disk space if i jailbreak and then upgrade to further firmwares? can anybody give me all the details about the risks if possible please?

Thanks

Yeah. I'd love to... You'll lose a bit of disk space, but can in the future upgrade to newer firmwares; you'll just lose your jailbreak and have to redo it.

Really, there's little to no risk now-a-days; a restore will fix 95% of issues.

As long as you're backed up, I'd say go for it.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks buddy, i just upgraded and jailbroke last night, all seems to be good. When the next firmware comes out i think i will do a restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just to add to this topic. I recently purchased an unlocked iPhone 3G in Moscow. Jailbroke with pwnage and all went fine. Even tried a regular restore just to be sure and all was fine. Lovin' it!

Thanks to all who made this possible!

Yea...And i just got mine in Iraq...all works fine..now working on making detonator from it...

I got mine from a place in Kuwait that got them from some other country, just jailbroke my friend's, amazing, will miss unlocking though I'm putting my 2g up for sale, this 3G is a keeper. I am not sure but I think my battery life is better now, not sure if it's the jailbreak or something else I did.

False alarm, for some reason my battery indicator is not working
    Last edited by kingosama; 12-09-2008 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost