+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2.2 - 2.1 HELP PLEASE!!!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
OK guys so this is my story. I have an iphone 3G that was jailbroken and unlocked with a univ sim..so anyway, the earpeice stopped working. it was a hardware
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Iphone 2.2 - 2.1 HELP PLEASE!!!
    OK guys so this is my story. I have an iphone 3G that was jailbroken and unlocked with a univ sim..so anyway, the earpeice stopped working. it was a hardware issue...so anyway i called apple and they said to bring the phone to the apple store near me to fix it. so i put 2.1 on my phone without it being jailbroken so that i could take my phone to get fixed. well they didnt fix it cuz i didnt have an AT&T sim so thats whatever. so I went home and I was trying to put 2.2 jailbreak back on it but I accidentally put 2.2 regular on it. So i noticed it and when I try to put 2.2 jailbroken back on it i get error 21....when i try and downgrade to 2.1 jailbroken so that Ican go back and put 2.2 jailbroken on it i get error 1310 i think is what it is..or 1030 or something like that...so can anyone help me?? im not great at all this but I can handle my own I just cant figure this out.

Thanks guys!!!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Your gonna have to explain what exactly you did....so we can tell you where you went wrong.

And you must have gotten a "bad apple" at the Apple store, cause I exchanged several without a simcard in them

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok ill start off with the steps that Idid all together.

I had 2.2 jail broken. I then put 2.1 normal on with itunes. Ithen acidentally put 2.2 normal on with itunes. Then i tryed putting 2.2 jailbroken on but i got error 21. so Itryed putting 2.1 normal back on but after everything went through I got error 1310 or w/e.

Thanks guys, this phone is my baby and I really cant shell out $ to get another.

scratch that. i get error 1013 lol

O and BTW, can you tell me exacly what you did when you exchanged your I phone?? they told me i couldnt but I might have went at it the wrong way...
    Last edited by uf08killa; 12-03-2008 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Well there's not a good way to downgrade back to 2.1, so thats messed you up.

I would try this, placing the phone into DFU mode (has to be DFU) and then restore to 2.2

And as far as Apple, I hand em a phone, say whatever the problem is....tell them I took the simcard out and stuck it into my "other" phone to use. Never had a problem, and I exchanged several.

It specifically says in their warranty agreement that the warranty "Is not dependent on activation", which means just that.
    Last edited by cpjr; 12-03-2008 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok cool. so do i restore back to 2.2 regular or jailbroken...

ok cool, ill give it a shot.

ok. so I got my iphone back to normal. 2.2 jailbroken....the problem I am having now is its not picking up service. I use tmobile so obviously it has some kind of sim reader atached to it..is this a problem since I updated to 2.2 normal? would it have effected it?

lol, NVM. after some research i figured out that my baseband is fudged up...o well. i guess i will have to either get a new phone or buy a new sim adapter....grrrr
    Last edited by uf08killa; 12-03-2008 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone cjgonzales1900's Avatar
    Thanks

when you updated to 2.2 normal you updated the baseband which the turbo/universal sim cards dont work for you need to downgrade somehow to 2.1 baseband.
    "Answering 1 Question at a Time."

iPhone 4: 32GB iOS 4.1 JB
    MacBook Pro 13.3": 2.26ghz/4GB/160GB SL 10.6.5
    iMac 21.5": 3.06ghz/4GB/500GB SL 10.6.5

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ya but u cant do tht right now Idont think

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default may be this may help u
    now downgrade iphone 3g from v2.2 to 2.1 or 2.0xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi to all
    today it's possible to downgrade iphone 3g from v2.2 to 2.0 or 2.1
    after i update my iphone to v2.2 Will not be able to jailbreak and
    unlock with universal sim but after i try this way it's downgrade 100%
    first u need :
    1- QuickPwn 2.1
    2- 2.1 firmware or 2.0.0 firmware like u want
    3- ZiPhone patched by kIREmK
    4- itunes last
    now
    step by step

1-use ziphone to downgrade baseband( like the photo showes)
    2-now restore firmware useing itunes with firmware u want v2.1 or 2.0xx
    3-after that u have to use quickpwn to unlock joilbreak with the same
    firmware flash file u restore
    4-insert your universal sim and enjoy your phone

after u finished restor firmware on itunes u will get this error( it's normel )
    just go and use quickpwn
    and everything is fine
    note ..... for quickpwn i use this v quickpwn2.1-1
    here is link to download
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

ziphone by kremik

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download [En] ZiPhone patched by kIREmK 04.05.04_G.rar

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prasad3223 View Post
    1-use ziphone to downgrade baseband( like the photo showes)
    alright so when i do this i have the iphone firmware downgraded but when i open Ziphone and check downgrade baseband and check debug boot it says "This application has failed to start because iTunesMobileDevice.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

How can i fix it? wwhat am i doing wrong?
    Last edited by jmano0o; 12-07-2008 at 01:45 PM.