Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't Jailbreak

Default Can't Jailbreak
    Since the release of iTunes 7.4 I can't Jailbreak. Ive restored many times using different pc's running lower versions of iTunes and nothing seems to work. Im running osX 10.4 on an intel mac. any suggestions?

My bad...too quick to the trigger...Its working like a charm now.
    Last edited by bombice; 09-06-2007 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

what did you do to make it work? or how did you do back down to lower itunes versions?
    Sent from my iPhone

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

oldversion.com might have it

awad
    i downgraded and i still couldnt get it to work. i've since given up and gone back to stock until something gets worked out.

i could unjail via INdependence, but i couldnt do anything after that.
    breezy doesnt work anymore(and is oddly removed from their site)
    ifuntastic doesnt work
    neither does apptapp

how did u do it im having the same issue???

Default reply
    i still cant jailbreak. All i used it for was ringtines and icon sets. However the new version of apptapp works for me with itunes 7.4

So i guess at this point all i can do is install apps with installer.app

With a cool wallpaper and the current version of summerboard, you really dont need new icons, or atleast i dont. But as far as ringtones go, im still waiting for them to become available through itunes.

having the same problem here . . . all I really jailbreak for is to change my SBDockBG2.png because I get tired of looking at the same thing for more than a week :P

wtf Apple? everything was going great untill you decided to release the new iTunes . . . that's total bull along with the $200 drop of the price. I'm extremely upset now!

wtf Apple? everything was going great untill you decided to release the new iTunes . . .
    i agree

hopefully they are working on a new version of jailbreak cuz the iphone is not the same without native apps.

Does installer.app still work with the new itunes?
    Are there any other ways or programs that still work with the new itunes?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

You guys can't jailbreak via the command line jailbreak app? Working here...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I can't . . . I open up terminal and all . . . type cd phonedmg, then ./jailbreak, hold the buttons and then I get the same 'illegal' message everyone else's been getting

however Installer.app on the iPhone still works for me . . . I've gotten the new Sketches.app too. It's fun (only needs more options for color selection, brush types, etc.)

adding NES roms through Cyberduck still works for me

I didn't have iFuntastic so I don't know what's going on with that one

somebody help, im having the same problem, i try to jailbreak but it gives me the same "illegal" message

I guess we'll just have to use SFTP

that's about the only thing that works for me at the moment . . . Mac users get Cyberduck

Yep I am having the same problem!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone owensdus's Avatar
    Thanks

Me too, I cant use Ifuntastic or Breezy or the jailbreak with terminal.... I just installed apptapp for 7.4 and higher and that was able to be installed on my phone.

I am new on this and for some reason am having the same issue. for command prompt I get the following....

$ ./jailbreak
    [jailbreak 1.0] by ziel w/ special thanks to GeoHot and the rest of the #iphone-dev crew.

Looking for iPhone...
    Sending Files...

*** If iTunes is running, please close it.
    *** Hold the POWER and HOME buttons for approximately 25s.
    *** Release when the display says 'Please Connect to iTunes'.

Sending More Files...
    Illegal instruction

all I want to do is change the look of the phone and add terminal so I can get command line into other devices @ work.

any help would be great !!!!

ALL you should be using the new and improved Universal Binary of iPHUC. GRAB it HERE

White 3G

Ok then how do I change the home screen? just run the ipl script?

Thanks

ok guys. I'm in the dark here. I dont know the language. I've been having the same problems as everyone else. I dont know what to do in terminal or even how to install stuff on my iphone from there. I need help and barney style. I work in the medical feild and am lost. help