Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help, can't find my iphone in My Computer

Question Help, can't find my iphone in My Computer
    I can't find my iphone device on My computer but i'm able to sync wif itunes. I tried re-installing itunes but no use...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

So, iTunes sees the iphone, but your computer doesn't? What do you mean exactly?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

So you mean that the iPhone doesn't show up as a camera? Because that is all that it shows up as under the My Computer listings. If it is showing as a camera then your computer is functioning properly.

You're right CaptainChaos! it doesn't show as a camera in my computer. That's the problem i'm trying to solve. It use to have it there now no more.

The other problem i'm trying to solve on my other iphone is , wen i plug it into my comp. it says USB device not recognized!

I tried to repair the Apple Mobile Device Support software under add&remove program but still cannot.

Pls help?? Thanks

Thks for the help and link for DiskAid.
    I'll try and see what happens.

i have same f..kin problem.that DiskAid doesnt help because cant see my iphone.i spend whole day for solution NO LUCK.itunes works fine but on mycomputer-devices no sing of iphone.HELP

I had the same problem after doing a fresh restore, then realized I needed at least one picture in the camera roll for it to show up. hope this helps?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stangster For This Useful Post:

iphoneht1234 (07-15-2010)

I have the same issue.

I have a jailbroken 1st gen iPhone.

I can sync everything fine with my itunes...but can not see the iPhone camera icon in My Computer. There is no iPhone camera shown in the devices of the control panel.

The cables are fine as are the usb connections (tried many cables and many usb ports).

I tried diskaid but that didn't work as it also relies on the camera being picked up.

Can I manually install a camera driver for an iphone? Is that what is wrong here, a driver issue? (suffice it to add that I have the same issue in Windows XP and Windows 7).

Does anyone think that the new itunes has done something the built in iphone driver to recognise a jailbroken phone and screw with it? Anyone have an old itunes version?

Goddammit all I want is to be able to get some pics off it manually (and yes I have several photos on the camera roll).
    Last edited by Bioski; 12-16-2009 at 07:58 PM.

The picture thing worked great, now all my other stuff is working again thx great!!!

Default Fix
    If anyone else has this problem, try going into device manager and uninstalling the drivers, i noticed mine had a yellow warning sign with an exclamation mark on it, signifying wrong driver, as soon as i uninstalled the OS automatically found a new driver (Windows 7) i assume this would work with vista aswell, i haven't seen the problem on XP though so i can't vouch that this solution might work

Old thread i know, but the question did not have this answer.

Ok, so I am having the same problem. The thing is seeing the camera in "My computer" or "Computer" says that the driver for the iPhone/iPod/iPad is functioning. iTunes shows the iDevice because it is intergrated with iTunes. I donwloaded the camera program and it does let you see the camera, but what I need is the driver so I can jailbreak with redsn0w or greenpois0n. How do I get the driver?