+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: General Jailbreak questions..

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I'm new to the iphone world. Just got it a few days ago. I got 3G with FW version 2.1 after getting the phone I ran the update. My questions
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile General Jailbreak questions..
    I'm new to the iphone world. Just got it a few days ago. I got 3G with FW version 2.1 after getting the phone I ran the update.

My questions are what is the best jailbreaking for windows and my iphone ? What have users had good experiences with ? If I run a backup before I jailbreak my phone will it re-write the files back the way they were ?

I was told winpwn was good software so I went ahead with it. I was also looking at iliberty but winpwn I believe I will use..

just looking for any help and suggestions...Thanks all....

EDIT: I found the answers I was looking for about restoring the phone to original settings in case I have problems. that problem is solved...

I guess my other question was I run a computer business and I want to VPN into my computer and download files if need be. Does jail breaking allow that kind of stuff ? I think I'm going to try a jailbreak in a few days I just want to make sure I got everything down before proceeding...One last thing does anyone know of any 3rd party software I can use to run backup other then itunes ?

Also what is the best program ? WINpwn ??
    Last edited by redbugsbunny; 09-23-2008 at 06:56 PM. Reason: add question