+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The comprehensive iPhone 2.1 FAQ

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
florevil, it just means you need to click on the link where it says to fill out a request if you need a custom ipsw. You don't actually have to
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

florevil, it just means you need to click on the link where it says to fill out a request if you need a custom ipsw. You don't actually have to submit a request form, but there are more details on there.

http://willydavidk.kittsplace.com/MMi/request/

Thanks
    Method one worked like a charm!!!

Muchas gracias, senor!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please help me out i want to update it to 2.1 and wounder which CF should i use since i am a Non at&t user.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks a lot you are the best !
    no signature links...Please

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leovi2000 View Post
    Please help me out i want to update it to 2.1 and wounder which CF should i use since i am a Non at&t user.

I do not believe you can use any CFs because none of them unlock; only activiate.

(If I am wrong please let us know.)
    Last edited by madrich; 09-23-2008 at 11:43 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks a lot. with your guide and CF it was really easy to update it to 2.1. great work Keep going.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I keep receiving an error6 in my Mac and My PC, I have Pwnaged my iPhone before and was in 2.02 and it worked fine but with all the errors, I finally sat my iPhone as a new phone and now I am on apple firmware 2.1. my question is: Since I pwnaged it before, is it still considered pwnaged by the Pwnage Tool?
    Should I be restoring or using DFU?
    Thank you
    Mario

Thanks

Hey Willy im still not really sure what to do....im gettin a bit confused now...some say the CFW's are unlocked to work with any sim n some say they aernt... can u please help me clear these doubts

I am on 1.1.1 and want to upgrade to 2.1 ..so

1) Should i go directly from 1.1.1 to 2.1 CFW or do the 2.1 Stock firmware first n then restore to 2.1 CFW.

2) Are the CFW's "UNLOCKED" to work with any sim card(I am on Vodafone India).

3) Are the CFW's jailbroken to allow third party apps?

4) Are all the apps compatible on 2.1 specially snapture, iPhoneVideoRecorder, Cycorder, etc

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay... getting bored with AppStore... Ready for Cydia and Installer on the 3G... Downloading now... Hopefully I won't run into all the problems I had with my 2G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey guys i got an Iphone 3g with firmware 2.1. stock.. havent touched it. I would like to know which is the program to Pwn it because the one that i used before on my 2.0.1 firmware was WinPwn 2.5 but that didnt have an option for firmware 2.1. so if anyone could help me, i would greatly appreciate it!!

Hey guys i got an Iphone 3g with firmware 2.1. stock.. havent touched it. I would like to know which is the program to Pwn it because the one that i used before on my 2.0.1 firmware was WinPwn 2.5 but that didnt have an option for firmware 2.1. so if anyone could help me, i would greatly appreciate it!! (im on a pc)
    Last edited by J.Villavicencio; 10-01-2008 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Just upgraded from 1.1.1 to 2.1 CFW using this method....went absolutely smooth(apart from the fact that my heart was beating hard all throughout the process).... but yeah...had absolutely no probs in the upgrade... everything seems to be working fine as of now... got back my contacts/messages/ ....YYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

installing a few basic apps from cydia/installer now.. will post if i need something...

THANK U THANK U THANK U THANK U

ok i managed to upgrade to 2.1 ...now for a few questions..

1) How do i put custom ringtones(iringtoner crashes)
    2) I have some ipa's. When i try to install it using iTunes...it gives me an error sayin..cannt install "XXXXX" cuz iTunes cannot verify it.

Disk Aid seems to take a lot of time to read my Applications folder
    Last edited by meetidnani; 10-02-2008 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Are you on a mac? If so, you can create a ringtone using garageband.

If not, you'll need to install openSSH and SSH or SFTP into your phone to transfer the ringtones and/or ipas. Check the Guides (top of the page) for more info.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WillyDavidK For This Useful Post:

theone77 (10-14-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone flrdotcom's Avatar
    Thanks

what do i do if im on 1.1.4 stock (previously jailbroken) and when i try to upgrade to 2.1 stock (via itune 8) i get an error every time. can i go from 1.1.4 stock to 2.1 jailbroken?

Green Apple
    Thanks

THANK YOU KIND SIR, worked beautifully using the first method, now my phone is at 2.1, all working (touch wood) and all good.

Thank you so much.

Cheers

Upgraded from a jailbroken and unlocked 1.1.1 to 2.1.0 directly using the CFW and method 1 with a restore from itunes.

PROBLEMS:

Just discovered a couple of problems. No matter what, unable to sync any movies from my itunes. All else synced beautifully including songs and videos but NO movies. Any solution to this? Thank You.

Also, apps d/l from app store; unable to sync, gives error, 'unable to sync as you are not authorised on this computer'

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by vikasmal; 10-15-2008 at 01:56 AM.

Thanks

here are the other Customize firmware 2.1 from applei team, for those who wants other CFW with addtl packages.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...n-windows.html

Cfw comes with Openssh,openssl,Cydia sources Talking Alerts, five icon docks as well. the other CFW whats included are the following:

- default Apple boot/recovery logos
    - Bossprefs*
    - WinterBoard*
    - Cycorder
    - OpenSSH
    - OpenSSL
    - 5 Dock iCon
    - lots of sources

and working 3G CFW is also on the second page of the thread.

willydavid , people like you make this site more helpful...KEEP IT UP BRO ! thumbs up....
    Last edited by theone77; 10-14-2008 at 02:25 PM.
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WillyDavidK View Post
    Are you on a mac? If so, you can create a ringtone using garageband.

If not, you'll need to install openSSH and SSH or SFTP into your phone to transfer the ringtones and/or ipas. Check the Guides (top of the page) for more info.
    No i am on windows...anyways managed to get the ringtones done thru PC suite 2.1..everything workin flawlessly expect for monkeyball/ kroll n snapture... ive tried everything possible but these 3 apps sjust crash back to the springboard...any suggestions??

PS: ive got other cracked apps/games running smoothly so i dont think this could be a problem with the mobileInstallation

Thanks

Hm, well it wouldn't hurt to patch your mobileinstallation file again just to be safe, but it almost sounds like a code signing problem. If repatching the mobileinstallation still isn't working, I would just try to download the programs again, and delete the old ones.

I think you can extract the crash logs from your phone using the SDK if you have a mac also.

Thanks

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap.....

All rise please...

Thanks David. Big time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, I finally did it!!! Thank You so MUCH! God bless you.

P.S. I used Method 1; after selecting and downloading CFW from your serve files (so easy).
    Last edited by madrich; 11-01-2008 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks

Hi,

Just wanted to clear up some things, since there wasn't a clear answer to if these would work with unlocked iPhones..

I have a 2G 8GB iPhone running a 2.0.2 that has been pwnd, unlocked and jailbroken from WinPwn.

I needed 2.1 for some apps from the App Store, and I like to keep my iPhone stock (no need for flashy mods) so I downloaded

iPhone-2G-2.1-custom-activate-nobootlogos.ipsw
    from
    The first post (iPhone.greatness.tx.com

I backed up my iPhone, and did the Shift-Click restore method and chose the iPhone-2G-2.1-custom-activate-nobootlogos.ipsw file.

It restored, and BootNeutor showed up and it said it was already unlocked and didn't do anything to it.

My iPhone rebooted and went to the home screen, and had signal from T-Mobile (I'm in the US)

Just restored the backup and everything is in place.. My pics, WiFi settings, APN Settings, ect.. The only thing it didn't transfer was my apps from the App Store, Music and Ringtones..

Hopes this helps clear stuff up!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan206 For This Useful Post:

oakie (11-08-2008)