Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help in Iraq

Unhappy Need help in Iraq
    Ok so this is an odd question, but is there anyway to upgrade my stock iPhone 2.0.2 through iTunes 8 with the stock 2.1 firmware? The problem is that I don’t have access to the internet on my Macbook Pro. I have already downloaded the 2.1 ipsw file on a government computer that I am not allowed to install software on, so I can’t just install iTunes on it and update my iPhone, but when I plug it into iTunes on my Mac it says that I have no internet connection. There is now way that I can get on the internet. Where is the default download location in iTunes, can I just put it in there and have it recognize it? Thanks for any help.

Soldier in need.

**Update**
    Ok so I found put the file in /My User/Library/iTunes/iPhoneSoftwareUpdates/ but it stilll comes up and says iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. Is there any way around this, I just want to update my iPhone?
    Last edited by SAFD1450; 09-15-2008 at 10:25 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

plug the phone in itunes and hold down Option key and click Restore...pop up window will come up...from there just go choose the fw that you want to restore with.

Sorry........... but u have to have internet access, it retrives files from the internet also.
    no way around this.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by opalbasil View Post
    Sorry........... but u have to have internet access, it retrives files from the internet also.
    no way around this.
    i thought he said he downloaded the 2.1fw already from another comp...all he has to do now is copy that fw onto a disc or a flashdrive and paste it on his MAC (anywhere is fine)....option + restore will prompt the choose window.