Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking 2.0

Default Jailbreaking 2.0
    Hey everyone, just wanted to say i've been reading this site for awhile and this really is a great community.
    That being said i have a couple questions:
    1)i jailbroke my phone on 2.0 and it works great but i want to update to 2.1. Unfortunatly from what i understand i will loose everything on my phone? Can i SSH into the phone and save all my wallpapers ect?

2)A freind wants me to do his but doesnt want to loose all the contacts. I know the phone should be saving them when you Sync with Itunes but how you i be able to bring them over after jailbreaking?

Thanks in advance!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Sync your wallpapers and contacts to iTunes. Restore to 2.1 custom firmware... set up as a new phone in iTunes and then re-sync wallpaper and contacts.

Otherwise, you can pre-select your packages to download inside your custom firmware. Inside the Cydia tab (in pwnage tool), you can go into manage and click "refresh". Then pre-select all of your packages and then build your firmware. It should all be on your new custom firmware.

Alright sounds good. I guess my next question would be how do i sync my contacts?
    I've sync's my phone many times but where does it save my contacts?
    Thanks