Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Jailbreak 2.1 with quickpwn
09-12-2008, 11:53 PM #1Jailbreak 2.1 with quickpwn ON WINDOWS
UPDATE: 2 MIRROR LINKS
1ST DOWNLOAD 2.1 FROM ITUNES
2ND LINK FOR THE NEW QUICKPWN MIRROR 1
LINK FOR THE NEW QUICKPWN MIRROR 2
(IPHONE INSTRUCTIONS ARE BELOW VIDEO)
3RD [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIcp7hSQcMI"]PLEASE WATCH MY YOUTBE VIDEO ON HOW TO INSTALL ON AN IPOD TOUCH[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcf_2QdOK-E"]Proof its on 2.1[/ame]
You must install iTunes 8 first, so if you don't have iTunes 8 download or update to it right now.
If you're using an iPhone, you must download iPhone 2.1 firmware using the below link:
If you're using an iPhone 3G, download iPhone 3G 2.1 firmware using the below link:
1. Open iTunes 8, and update to iPhone firmware 2.1.
2. After you're upgraded to firmware 2.1, uninstall iTunes 8.0, and install iTunes 7.7.* from the download link here:
Download iTunes 22.214.171.124 - FileHippo.com
3. Click --> Download QuickPWN iPhone 2.1 Jailbreak
4. Run the QuickPWN-GUI.exe file and browse and select your iPhone 2.1 firmware.
5. Follow the on-screen steps, choose Installer and Cydia.
6. Once finished, your iPhone will reboot, but Installer and Cydia won't be visible.
7. Download & Install DiskAid from here:
8. Connect your iPhone via USB to your computer and launch the DiskAID program.
9. When the DiskAid screen launches, you'll see a drop-down box on the bottom left that says "Media Folder". Click on it, and select "Root Folder" instead.
10. You'll get a Root Partition message, just click ok!
11. On the left side, scroll down and click the System folder. Now double-click the Library Folder. Scroll down and double-click the "PrivateFrameworks" folder.
12. On the right side, scroll down and click on the MobileInstallation.framework folder.
13. Select the MobileInstallation file, and click "Delete from Device".
13. Download the new MobileInstallation patch from Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
14. In DiskAid, click "Copy File to Device", and select the MobileInstallation file you downloaded.
15. After you've copied the MobileInstallation file, reboot your iPhone and you should see a jailbreaked iPhone 2.1 now! Enjoy.
HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL!!!
Last edited by toothy17; 09-13-2008 at 02:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to toothy17 For This Useful Post:
09-13-2008, 02:44 AM #2
Why is this not on the front page?? Quickpwn achieves jailbreak of newest firmware in less than a day! Should have a little priority over 'iTunes 8 + custom ipsw = error 1600'...And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
09-13-2008, 02:57 AM #3
iPOD. Not iPhone. sheesh.
09-13-2008, 03:54 AM #4
09-13-2008, 04:58 AM #5
and is this for windows or mac?
09-13-2008, 05:10 AM #6
09-13-2008, 05:18 AM #7
trying now on my 2g iphone will post results when done..
09-13-2008, 05:40 AM #8
Originally Posted by kyteflyer
iPOD. Not iPhone. sheesh.
Originally Posted by Toothy17
i added how to do it on an iphone
09-13-2008, 05:53 AM #9
Im running into problems here, when you have to add the 2.1 firmware into quickpwn the spinning wheel only lasts for a few seconds, then its stops nothing happens..
Ill try redownloading the firmware and try again..
09-13-2008, 06:09 AM #10
Don't trust people that say "jailbreaked" instead of jailbroken...
09-13-2008, 06:14 AM #11
Im starting to feel this is fake, as nothing has happened in quickpwn for ages now.. Also he mentioned uninstall itunes 8 and install itunes 7.7 but all the vid shows is his itunes 8. when you connect a device to itunes 7.7 that has 2.1 on it says this device needs itunes 8 to run then shuts down..
Personally i think its just a vidio of someone updating to 2.1..
Tbh fake or not i dont mind giving it a go, i aint got nothing to loose my iphone as already on 2.1 and activated. If it worked bonus for me and for other that want to do it, if it dont work we know others dont have to waste there time on it..
EDIT: Just noticed this poster of this got all the info from the quickpwn website... So maybe there is some truth in it... ill keep playing.
Last edited by Rustynuts; 09-13-2008 at 06:30 AM.
09-13-2008, 06:22 AM #12
- Join Date
- May 2008
- Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
There are no bundles in the folder for 2.1...
09-13-2008, 06:54 AM #13
Result the thread starter posted the wrong quickpwn program its working so far...
Jailbreak iPhone 2.1 | QuickPWN
Awesome works like a charm..
You also need to delete
For installer and cydia to show up on home screen.....
Great work quickpwn.
Last edited by Rustynuts; 09-13-2008 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
09-13-2008, 01:12 PM #14
Huh, no extra steps required for me.
All I had to do was run QuickPwn. Everything showed up and works from that point on...
09-13-2008, 01:52 PM #15
sorry you guys i did post the wrong link and i hope this works better for you guys
09-13-2008, 01:59 PM #16
Two things I'm noticing so far:
- Some custom icons show up cut off
- all icon text labels are grey instead of white
Anyone know why?
09-13-2008, 05:42 PM #17
there is no 3g firmware bundle in this quickpwnTHANK OR DIE
09-14-2008, 02:54 PM #18
how come there isnt anything like this on the front page???
09-18-2008, 05:50 PM #19
hey man thanks u sooo much for the instuctios and video..........one question tho..... is there an option to unlock the iphone in this process? thx for yer help!